Watch Dogs.

General game chat
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Watch Dogs.

Post by KNAPPO »

Argh, now im tempted to hold off on this as I might be lucky enough to acquire a free legit version.
A mate had both his EVGA 780 Ti's go and is getting them replaced under warranty and EVGA is running this promo http://au.evga.com/articles/00836/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Up to act III and liking it so far. Sort of. Story wise its been pretty good, some parts have felt a bit flat, some parts great. Something about it just doesn't feel right though. Maybe its the premise (and the various plot holes), or maybe its something else, I don't know.

Unsurprisingly the game feels a bit like Saints Row IV with a bit of GTA V - it certainly reminds me more of Saints Row IV in "feel" (computerised / glitchy world). Cars are much the same (super arcadey and everything seems to bounce off you), and I still personally prefer the driving in GTA IV. Shooting feels solid (although I tend to just blow everyone up with a grenade launcher).

The one thing this game does really really well? Seamless playing. Seamless cutscenes (pre-recorded 1080p on the ps3 anyway), seamless action, seamless missions. Infact the only loading screen I can remember is the initial one. I guess it does have hidden loading screens, when you start a mission it moves to external camera view(s), but they are disguised very very well.
petey

Post by petey »

Agree about the story and the feel of it in general.
However I must disagree as saints row driving makes the game unplayable. Whereas here it is definitely acceptable.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

petey wrote:Agree about the story and the feel of it in general.
However I must disagree as saints row driving makes the game unplayable. Whereas here it is definitely acceptable.

Acceptable maybe but its definitely not as good as GTA in my opinion. I always found the driving in GTA IV very rewarding. GTA V less so but still better. It has been a while since I've played Saints Row but I do remember it being horribly sensitive. In Watch Dogs I find the reaction to hitting objects seems very 'soft' sometimes. You tend to glance off and maintain your momentum, or in many cases whatever you hit flys out of the way all together. And don't even get me started about crashing when your on a bike. In fact the only time I've fallen off a bike was jumping into the roof in an enclosed space.
petey

Post by petey »

No contest at all. They are completely different systems.

I have fallen off a bike attempting to go up a rock face, just came straight off and nearly died.
I have also found it strange that you can blast through alot of metal chain fences, but the "Gates" have to be hacked open.

Crashing into cars is hit and miss, sometimes you glance others you have a serious dead stop impact.

But, the cars have different feels whether they are fwd/rwd/awd and you can lock the brakes/slide. When I played saints row the feel was so arcadey and it encouraged you to just be a spastic. Whereas I feel like you can flow and drive the cars to limits in watch dogs.

EDIT: I think the real problem with this game, is that it's watered down. Very PC with no gore. Basically it's rated PG when we're used to GTA.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

after reading all these reviews im not so keen to play this, i have bought it and installed it on the xbox one but have been watching the NBA. About to play now hopefully its good lol
Hello :aussie:
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

I wouldn't be overly put off. I'm expecting 9-9.5/10s for the majority of the reviews. It had a lot of hype behind it and it was always going to be hard (impossible) to back that up, especially compared to something like GTA V (still the king of the Sandbox genre in my opinion). The driving is terrible sometimes, but its no worse then Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row IV, and they were still playable games in my opinion. And if you ignore the driving all together (I've started fast travelling everywhere as I simply CBF) its an awesome game which does a lot of great things. in my opinion is still great value considering the 30-70 hours of gameplay. And it has a whole bunch of single player DLC coming (another ~40 hours apparently?).
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Greenmangaming finally sent a key out.. Uplay looks good from first accounts lol

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

first impressions are, its ok. it just feels so complicated having to hack this and that etc to do this and then you can do that blah blah. I will play more today but i have found some of the missions to be super hard even on the easy gameplay setting. I'm sure with time it will get more simple
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Ill be starting tonight. Looking forward to it. :)
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Gunna grab it on PS4 in a couple of weeks.
I'll be watching this thread to see what you guys think.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Steve
---
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

KNAPPO wrote:Ill be starting tonight. Looking forward to it. :)
Here's hoping you can login, I saw some reports before about their auth servers being overloaded. :(
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

After a few more hours last night getting used to all the different aspects i have started to really enjoy it, It is different and if you can avoid comparing it to GTA 5 its a really good game
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Its fine, but the pop-in is anoying.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
petey

Post by petey »

Shaun wrote:It is different and if you can avoid comparing it to GTA 5 its a really good game
That's the key point.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

FOV is screwed for triple monitors...

At least there is support from this app if any of you guys need it.
http://flawlesswidescreen.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

You should also avoid comparing it to GTA IV or Sleeping Dogs ;) I've already started to lose motivation and I haven't finished the game yet.

[youtube] [/youtube]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

So it's an unfinished dumbed-down-for-console failure, then? :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i wouldnt say its a failure its just kinda, eh lol
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

ysu wrote:So it's an unfinished dumbed-down-for-console failure, then? :)
Not exactly. It certainly feels like they had a deadline (they missed the first one by a while...) and had to compromise on some basic game play features. Of course the game would have suffered from the "lowest common denominator" problem, especially graphically, but in my opinion good game play doesn't need raw power. When you consider a last-gen console can play a game like GTA IV / V I think there is a lot more scope for games like this to be better.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

The user reviews for this on Steam are an entertaining read that's for sure. :rofl:

I think I'll hold off until it gets some patches under its belt and the price drops off a bit.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

It is not what was shown at E3.

The delays were for polish, it was meant to be Pc focused first then going to console for porting, but seems to have swapped the other way round, as a lack of optimization on Pc, yet the consoles are having issues also.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

The most annoying thing is not being able to fight people and jump. I mean thats just basic shit come on lol
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

This is disappointing. I've been looking forward to it for a while. The initial previews looked awesome.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Steam reviews are a good read...

This one is my fav.
BANK ACCOUNT HACKED
[Being, Sentient]
[Suckered by Ubisoft]
[Age: 27]
[Occupation: Idiot]
[Bank Account: -$59.99]