I bought a.... KIA

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Re: I bought a.... KIA

Post by Sambo »

Takumi wrote:6500 I think. But limiter bouncing is not really a good way to break in a new engine, is it? :p

You know what they say, treat em mean to keep em keen. :D
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Week 2 with the optima. Put 700km on it so far and no problems to report. I was sitting in it whilst parked outside the shops the other night and it was funny to see the amount of people rubbernecking. Everyone who sees it wants to know more about it!

Still on the first tank of fuel and is returning excellent economy so far. 5.8L on the highway and 9L in city daily driving.

It's been nice, chaps.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

They certainly have a sexy profile. White is a great colour for them too.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
petey

Post by petey »

I really don't know what they were thinking with those rims, but it is quite a nice car to look at otherwise.

In terms of overall size what does it compare like to say a falcon sedan? Just out of curiosity.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

petey wrote:I really don't know what they were thinking with those rims, but it is quite a nice car to look at otherwise.

In terms of overall size what does it compare like to say a falcon sedan? Just out of curiosity.
The wheels are love or hate - I love them. Something you have to see in the flesh to appreciate I guess.
Size wise, a Falcon is 100mm longer and 30mm wider.
It's been nice, chaps.
petey

Post by petey »

With that sort of fuel economy for it's size I'm impressed.

I understand that these things can be all about preference too (in relation to wheels) if you love 'em then who cares eh ^_^
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Nice looking ride fella...
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Just saw one of these in the flesh, looked identical aside the new badges. First thing I noticed is the wheels, then that roof. Its a very nice looking car, something I didn't imagine I would say about a Korean car.

Very glad to see how happy you are with it and I hope to see how you keep going with yours.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Well I have hit 4000km in the Optima and still love it - no problems to report and it still feels brand new. I went for a drive up the coast today to see the folks and thought I'd detail the car before I left this morning. Came up looking very beautiful and I couldn't find any stone chips on the front of the car at all, so thumbs up to the paintwork on that one. Here's a few pics from my phone - the pearlised finish to the paint doesn't really show up well in the shots, except in the third one a bit. I love how it looks.

It's been nice, chaps.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Looks like I've joined the KIA club, just bought a KIA Rio SLi, picking it up tomorrow (was meant to be today). It will be the small car to compliment the Liberty Wagon.
2012_kia_rio_sli_5door_australia_01-4e8ac65745c33-450x240.jpg
Like the above but in Black
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

AstrO wrote:Looks like I've joined the KIA club, just bought a KIA Rio SLi, picking it up tomorrow (was meant to be today). It will be the small car to compliment the Liberty Wagon.
2012_kia_rio_sli_5door_australia_01-4e8ac65745c33-450x240.jpg
Like the above but in Black
Nice one mate - congratulations. I've heard good things about the Rio - and in my opinion it is definitely one of the 3 cool cars Kia sell right now (the others being Optima and Sorento).

My Optima's over 5000km now and is going strongly. I bought some LED lights from Korea to replace the rear bumper reflectors - they are a straight replacement so it remains looking stock. They are lit dimly with the parkers and go bright with the brake lights :yes:

It's been nice, chaps.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

AstrO wrote:Looks like I've joined the KIA club, just bought a KIA Rio SLi, picking it up tomorrow (was meant to be today). It will be the small car to compliment the Liberty Wagon.
Nice - they look fantastic! Still a bit behind in dynamics but for equipment and looks they tick all the boxes which is all you really need for a city car (for some deluded reason some people think an RS Clio is too hardcore for around town! :D)
Takumi wrote: Nice one mate - congratulations. I've heard good things about the Rio - and in my opinion it is definitely one of the 3 cool cars Kia sell right now (the others being Optima and Sorento).
Agreed. The Sorento is actually a good looking SUV! As Peter Schreyer's designs trickle through the whole range is getting stronger. They really need the replacement Cerato to step up (which I'm sure it will). The Cee'd coupe looks excellent - a shame we probably won't get it here.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Takumi wrote:My Optima's over 5000km now and is going strongly. I bought some LED lights from Korea to replace the rear bumper reflectors - they are a straight replacement so it remains looking stock. They are lit dimly with the parkers and go bright with the brake lights :yes:
Loving the look of your Optima :yes: (and it shits all over the current Liberty in the looks department)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

AstrO wrote:
Takumi wrote:My Optima's over 5000km now and is going strongly. I bought some LED lights from Korea to replace the rear bumper reflectors - they are a straight replacement so it remains looking stock. They are lit dimly with the parkers and go bright with the brake lights :yes:
Loving the look of your Optima :yes: (and it shits all over the current Liberty in the looks department)
+1, nice looking mods on that little beastie.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I guess it's about time I uploaded some photo's of the Rio (it's driven about 800km now)...
P1010496.jpg
P1010498.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Looks good mate. How're you liking it? :D
It's been nice, chaps.