Man points

all the ARSE dribble
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Man points

Post by smithcorp »

I cleverly reused the concrete pavers the water tank sat on before it fell over. Man points and environmental points. Got the oven on it mow and burning it in at 200c before trying to make some pizzas tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Made some nice pizza dough and Bibi made pizzas - basil and tomato from the garden with mozzarella, ham and tomato, ham, char sui and bbq sauce. Went well.

With good hardwood the oven gets up to 300-350 quickly, then push the fire to the side, fan the ash off the floor and cook straight on the fire bricks.

Pizzas take 2 minutes and taste great.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
pab

Post by pab »

Our summer holiday project this year is the renovate our bathroom and toilet. Today's task is to jackhammer up the old floor tiles, followed tomorrow by removing the old bath. Then we can start to rebuild! :)

PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I put a tv outside yesterday. Now the wife can sit on her new lounge(that I also put together). Drilling into masonry always makes me feel more manly.

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I've probably lost some man points recently.

I went to put our TV on the wall of the living room. However, after drilling the first hole it turns out it's not made of what I thought. There's plasterboard, then a big gap, then brick so the plugs won't work as only half of them will be in anything of strength. With visions of coming home tomorrow to find the TV has face-planted the floor, I bottled it and we're now left with five pencil marks and one hole, while I figure out what to do about it.

Also, we lost a bit of felt from the outbuilding we use as an office, and water is getting in when it rains. I thought that would be relatively easy - some new felt, a hammer and a bag of nails; job done. The problem is, I can't figure out how to get on the roof :D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I lost man points this evening. Get a nice cooler evening with no wind to go blow out the dust from the PC and the compressor would not start. Lots of swearing and cursing later I'm trying to clean it with a vacuum clearer when my old man comes in. He takes one look at the compressor, yanks out the stuck switch with a pair of pliers, a bit of oil and bam she's running again. :doh:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I lost more points over the weekend. Friday night my mic wasn't working and I couldn't speak to Norbs on discord. So I went hunting for a solution with no luck. Lots of swearing and cursing ect... 5:30 pm today I found the mic mute button on the control unit was set to mute :doh: Also I blinded myself in the shower today. Got ceramic taps on the weekend and the cold water turns the other way. I looked up at the shower head thinking it was the old taps which use to leak, only to turn the tap on full blast right into my eyes :dunce:
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Dr. Pain wrote: I looked up at the shower head thinking it was the old taps which use to leak, only to turn the tap on full blast right into my eyes :dunce:
Haha :D
durbster wrote: Also, we lost a bit of felt from the outbuilding we use as an office, and water is getting in when it rains. I thought that would be relatively easy - some new felt, a hammer and a bag of nails; job done. The problem is, I can't figure out how to get on the roof :D
This escalated. The more I looked into this, the worse it gets and I've been quoted over £4k to replace the whole roof.

However, I have the opportunity to gain big man points because my mate reckons we can do it ourselves for a fraction of the cost. He's good at that kind of thing and has offered guide me through it for the price of a beer and a good curry. :)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I earned quite a few man points over the weekend, our block is an axehead shape, a long driveway with the main block at the rear. It was a single gravel driveway with a garden bed alongside it with trees and shrubs in there. The wife wanted that garden area cleared so people could park there, the father in-law excavated most of the garden bed out last week but it rained at the time and the excavator made a bit of a mess of things.

So I had to step in to try and clean things up and lay down gravel over the whole area, the old driveway and new parking area. I hired a stump grinder and a small bobcat and ordered 10m3 of clean scalps to be delivered saturday arvo. Friday arvo after picking up the machinery and finding somewhere to put it I grinded out one and a bit stumps, then saturday morning I finished those off plus two larger stumps before trying to level things out a bit in the bobcat before the material arrived. I struggled a bit as I've never done anything like this before, I called the old man, he's not an operator but is a civil engineer he so has an idea how things are done. I got things in a reasonable shape when the delivery truck showed and he dropped the gravel, thankfully running it along the area a bit as he tipped it. This was about lunch and I spent the next 5-6 hours in the bobcat spreading it out and levelling it, the old man gave me some direction for about an hour before leaving me to it.

I think I surprised everyone, including myself getting it all spread out and looking good by evening. Sunday I grinded out a couple more stumps, then jumped in the ute and drove back and forth over the whole area probably a hundred times to compact it down abit. After a spray with some water I did the same again, loaded up the machinery back on the trailers, filled up their tanks and by about 4pm I was done. I took a shower, sucked down a couple beers and fell asleep watching telly :faint:
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Maximum man points there Sars :)
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

This one is weak in comparison to most: My first ever from-scratch 3D design and print project

A long time ago I bought some pretty good quality desktop speakers for the PC - AudioEngine 2+. The problem is that my TV/monitor is so large the speakers sat somewhat behind the TV and were being somewhat obscured. I wanted a shelf to put them on that went over the TV. Problem there is that the wall behind my TV/monitor has a cavity sliding door in it which would complicate putting a shelf up, and then I'd have to find a mount for the speakers to hang off it. So when I picked up a 3D printer on a whim, I decided that this might be a good challenge.

Considerations
1. The speakers are about 1.5kg each
2. The speakers would probably work best laying on their side on the top of the TV/monitor
3. There are no good horizontal surfaces on the top of the TV.
4. The TV is an older CCFL LCD, so it has some depth
5. There are carry handles moulded into the rear plastic casing that might be useful
6. I found some old 1/2" dowel in the shed that I might use for some structure

So I went away, did a bunch of measurements and did a crash course on TinkerCAD (http://www.tinkercad.com).

Approximately 12 hours of printing later:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Cursed wrote:This one is weak in comparison to most: My first ever from-scratch 3D design and print project
that looks neat. good job! :yes:
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Nice one, give them a lick of black paint and they should come up nicely.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Sarsippius wrote:Nice one, give them a lick of black paint and they should come up nicely.
no point really.
If there's one thing I've learnt from 3D printing, it's that the design is never finished. Cursed is probably already designing version 2 of this mount as we speak ;)
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Yes, the horizontal shelf component now hooks over its supports to prevent them spreading away.
shelf-1.1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Filing this under Dad Points.

My kids are invited to a Nerf war birthday party. What better way to join the Battle Royale than with a kick ARSE Nerf gun.

This was the simplest blaster we own so used it as a test case. Blaster was completely disassembled, sanded all warning text off the moulded plastic parts, painted and put back together. Best part with doing a complete disassemble is you can paint it up in different colours and not have to do any masking! Pretty easy job if you remember where all the springs rocker mechanism parts go. Photos, photos and more photos after you have cracked the casing apart made it simples.

Really looking forward to painting up my fuck off Nerf rifle now muhahahahahahaha.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Go overkill...

:D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It looks good but make sure you never flash them in public. If someone calls the cops you could get charged with brandishing etc even though it's a toy.

Seems in the US you're required to leave the tip of the barrel orange, but I can't find anything about Australia.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

DarrenM wrote:It looks good but make sure you never flash them in public. If someone calls the cops you could get charged with brandishing etc even though it's a toy.

Seems in the US you're required to leave the tip of the barrel orange, but I can't find anything about Australia.

Yep, I discovered this when checking out some Youtube videos.

EDIT: found a pdf from SA police that covers imitation firearms but this is a bit of a grey area considering its essentially a modified (by looks) toy which falls under a certain category. Ive flicked the question to a local running mate who just happens to also be the local cop in our suburb.

They are intended for home use only. Ide never let them go to the shops or local park with a Nerf gun, painted or not...
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

DarrenM wrote:Seems in the US you're required to leave the tip of the barrel orange, but I can't find anything about Australia.
My mate (local cop) said 'technically they are a toy but if they are adapted to look real and are used to put someone in fear or that a person believes they are real then you could end up being prosecuted'. Ive showed him the modded gun and he did say there is no mistaking its a toy, its the people out there who think kids should not have fun and call the cops for them to rock up and find they are playing with toys... His words lol.

He also mentioned he would personally make the muzzle end the bright orange so there can be no mistake in identification to an observer so ill be doing that.

The cops have been having lot of issues with the Gel Cap Blasters as idiots have been caught hanging out of cars with them...
richo

Post by richo »

It's odd that in the US your real M-4 doesn't require orange on the end of the barrel yet a NERF one does .

Then again this would be the same place that was selling 12 gauge shells off the pallet in a mall the last time i was in Florida...
[]D [] []v[] []D
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

My kids school got shut down once because a man was seen out the front at pickup time with a gun. An hour later they were allowed out after they found out it was a guy with a flat tyre and had the lever in his hand.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Dr. Pain wrote:Go overkill...
Hahahahaha, I watched this one last night.
Pretty mad how he has combined/cut-n-shut 5 Nerf products to make this!

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

richo wrote:It's odd that in the US your real M-4 doesn't require orange on the end of the barrel yet a NERF one does .

Then again this would be the same place that was selling 12 gauge shells off the pallet in a mall the last time i was in Florida...
you have the barrel orange to show its a toy gun.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Painted and slightly modded a pair of Nerf Disruptors over the long weekend.
Bloody happy with how these turned out, now I just have my Delta Trooper to do and I wont feel left out lol.

Handy that the muzzle was already orange and its own moulded piece. :bigthumb: