Lance won't contest the charges

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Lance won't contest the charges

Post by norbs »

Montey wrote:
avro707c wrote:Now Cadel Evans is under scrutiny for his link to Dr Ferrari:

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/evans ... 28163.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cadel denies any wrongdoing... :(
Something like this is bound to attempt to take down some innocents as well. I would be surprised, and mortified if Cadel was guilty of such an act.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I am certainly not suggesting he did anything wrong. It was whilst he was MTBing, and like I said earlier, has been known for a while.

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So am I the only one that is suspicious of Cadel during that time of his career???
If you're wondering why then remember which team he started his professional road racing career with, none other than Team Telekom (formerly O.N.C.E.). Yep another questionable situation in light of what is now known of that teams doping regime. It's also why I can't believe what Mick Rogers come out with when the USADA report was released. I am very suspicious of both of them at that time, like I am for most of the peloton actually.
Why would they have not been part of it & if not how were they not when it was systematic in those teams as well at that time???

However I do believe Cadel won his TdF clean & has been racing clean for most of his career at least since he's been with BMC. I mean he looks dead at the finish of each race or tour stage compared to others we now know as "dopers".

Like I said previously until some form of mechanism or amnesty is introduced to entice riders to come clean I doubt the real truths & extent of what went on will ever see the light of day. The UCI failed miserably last night as they could have implemented some real change in light of the Lancegate / USADA ruling but chose once again to sit on idle hands in the hope it will all blow over. It is now time for us punters, the media & national cycling bodies to really drill them to be accountable for the failings of the past or cycling is destined to repeat it in the future... :sigh:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Looks like Armstrong's not the only one who is unrepentant:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycling/ ... 282nk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
norbs

Post by norbs »

J.D. wrote:Looks like Armstrong's not the only one who is unrepentant:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycling/ ... 282nk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pat needs a shovel to the back of his thick head. He is bad for cycling, bad for the Irish image and a cock! As for his mate Hein. Fuck him too.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

This should ring alarm bells to anyone who's followed the story.

Why would they defend Armstrong when it's in the sport's best interests to cut him loose?

Because they've got a personal stake in it perhaps?

I can think of a number of dodgy reasons.

If they don't cut him loose they stand a fair chance of dragging the whole sport down with them.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

richo

Post by richo »

Is doping as endemic as it appears to be ? As someone that knows zero about it the Tour de France looks like a big ask for a mere human. Just slightly OT i heard Elise Perry on Triple J today talking about having to drop her pants to the ankle and piss in front of a tester at the Women's 2020 seems pretty hardcore for cricket? Do they not do that stuff in cycling or is it blood doping.
[]D [] []v[] []D
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

A lot of it was discovered through urine samples which were kept in storage.

When a new test was developed it revealed how much cheating had been going on four or five years earlier.

Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I'm really starting to feel that it is endemic through most major professional sport.
We now know for a fact the UCI and Major League baseball turned a blind eye to it when it was convienient and profitable for them to do so and the rumors about the NBA and NFL are building to. Really nothing gets bums on seats like amazing atheletes and with so much money at stake it is not in these sport's interest to be squeaky clean.
Just think how much more attention the Mens 100m got in London because someone was gunning for the WR. Of course everyone is innocent till proven guilty but fucking hell the motivation for all sides to let this go on is big, really fucking big.
XLV SPORT
norbs

Post by norbs »

Jiminee wrote:I'm really starting to feel that it is endemic through most major professional sport.
We now know for a fact the UCI and Major League baseball turned a blind eye to it when it was convienient and profitable for them to do so and the rumors about the NBA and NFL are building to. Really nothing gets bums on seats like amazing atheletes and with so much money at stake it is not in these sport's interest to be squeaky clean.
Just think how much more attention the Mens 100m got in London because someone was gunning for the WR. Of course everyone is innocent till proven guilty but fucking hell the motivation for all sides to let this go on is big, really fucking big.

I had a ripper Twitter fight with Debbie Spillane and a few others when I suggested the US Open final was being played by a pair of dopers. 4 hours or what ever it was and the speed of their serve hadn't dropped. Spillane told me I was a bitter cycling fan. I sent her this site http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; No more shit towards me and she retweeted it to her fans. I still copped some shit of a few people saying tennis is a clean sport. :)

Then there are a couple of young soccer players in England having heart attacks.

I reckon you're right Jiminee. Sadly, there is more to come with regards to cycling.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

So whats the answer? do we just give up? let the people dope? Its clear massive reform is needed in most professional sports..
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

From that link Norbs,
Joe Rogan has a interview with Victor Conte (guy who provided PED's for Marion Jones and Tim Montgomer) on his pod cast last week
8min talks about some stuff, then skip to 38min.. talks about out of comp testing
http://vimeo.com/51662984#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
norbs

Post by norbs »

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 283v5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Dammit, I think I'm going to get on the juice now!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I think cutting Lance off will not save deeper probes into cycling. The public will demand it. 5 to 10 years ago doing this would have worked but I feel social media will play a part in keeping this going.

You are right about tennis too Norbs. For years those Williams brothers have killed women's tennis.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:I think cutting Lance off will not save deeper probes into cycling. The public will demand it. 5 to 10 years ago doing this would have worked but I feel social media will play a part in keeping this going.

You are right about tennis too Norbs. For years those Williams brothers have killed women's tennis.
The Festina Affair was supposed to herald a new dawn for cycling. It scared the shit out of all teams but USPS. They saw it as an opportunity. That is how Bruneeyl and Armstrong think.
norbs

Post by norbs »

This is why I worry...

http://www.cadelevans.com.au/cadelsdiary.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piss weak.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I imagine him saying it in that scratchy, squeeky voice. He needs to address this head-on and not be so defensive. "Happened years ago". Sure.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What a load of dribble from the PR division of BMC racing. :bs: :soap:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Unwise words.

It would have been better to say nothing than to say that nobody cares because it happened years ago and everybody has moved on (whatever that means in the context of that level of contempt for the rules).

There isn't even a denial.

Meanwhile here is an interesting diaspora of views.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crowella

Post by Crowella »

It is definitely not a problem of the past...

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

J.D. wrote:
that's starting to get closer to the truth.... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
norbs

Post by norbs »

bengatta wrote:
J.D. wrote:
that's starting to get closer to the truth.... :)
I am still no clearer as to where you stand on it all. Are you saying it is the fault of the UCI?
norbs

Post by norbs »

http://norbs.tk/b6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOL
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

My hometown is burning an effigy of Lance for Fireworks night.... tongue in cheek.

My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.