Lance won't contest the charges

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Montey

Re: Lance won't contest the charges

Post by Montey »

The main thought I have on this is, for fuck sake don't let Cadel be dirty.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

nutty wrote:and the rest listed above are?
The suggestion was that there was something that cycling could learn from motorsport administration. I didn't say it; someone else did, so I am actually agreeing with you up to a point.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

One of your libraries put up a (joke) sign saying they were going to move all books on Lance to the Fiction section ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21115720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Cadel has fans!!!!!!!!

:faint:
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Whilst it was a joke I bet they follow thru and do move them to the fiction section

:-)

I'm guessing from norbs comment that doping is still happening and was rife until recently.. I'm also betting that corruption in this sport has been going right up to the top for decades.

They need drastic action in order to get credibility back into cycling. Sack everyone in the organising bodies and start again.. Maybe there is no way to save pro cycling.
eek
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Wiggins???
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

pixelboy wrote:I'm also betting that corruption in this sport has been going right up to the top for decades.

They need drastic action in order to get credibility back into cycling. Sack everyone in the organising bodies and start again.. Maybe there is no way to save pro cycling.
I'd love to see this but sadly, I suspect all professional sport is run the same way. Professionals need sponsorship. Sponsorship relies on money which, in turn, relies on patronage. To get patronage you need big performances and so it goes. The only way to change that paradigm is to change the whole model of sport and sport sponsorship. It's inherently corrupt.

And remember, Armstrong's sponsors might be abandoning him now but they made shit loads of cash out of him when he was on top. They're not about to give the public their money back, are they?

If you want to see examples of what's wrong with sport, look at names like Juan Antonio Samaranch, Bernie Ecclestone, Sepp Blatter, Primo Nebiolo and Hein Verbruggen. They're just the tip of the iceberg.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I hope both Evans and Wiggins are clean. That gives the sport hope.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hahaha but bigger all panache!!!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Cuddles showed way more panache in his win that Wiggo did being towed around France.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Yeah Froome won the tour for wiggo.. Cuddles did it on his own..

I hope they let Froome go for it this year..
eek
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

Wiggins nailed the time trial, but so did Cuddles to take his win ... I did want Schleck to take that Tour as I really want him to win one the way we all like the Tour to be won, on the roads and not in the courts - plus his attack on that mountain stage was heroic. I really hope he's clean, because I'd be shattered if that was drug fuelled and not the single most interesting thing anyone from Luxembourg has done in the last 50 years.

It was great to see a British rider take it, and Wiggo's a likeable guy, but I don't rate him so much as a rider and I'd like to see Froome get a go of it - you could definitely say he earned a shot at it last year, one of the great team performances.

Back-pedalling furiously towards the subject ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... trial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Swain OHaw wrote:Back-pedalling furiously towards the subject ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... trial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This cannot be correct, WADA and USADA need us to believe only 1 doctor was so evil to know how to cheat their tests, and only 1 team masterminded by a single evil man was doing it... otherwise.... how much do WADA and the various ADA's charge for their services??? and are their services voluntary or mandatory?
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
norbs

Post by norbs »

bengatta wrote:
Swain OHaw wrote:Back-pedalling furiously towards the subject ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... trial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This cannot be correct, WADA and USADA need us to believe only 1 doctor was so evil to know how to cheat their tests, and only 1 team masterminded by a single evil man was doing it... otherwise.... how much do WADA and the various ADA's charge for their services??? and are their services voluntary or mandatory?
Why do WADA and USADA need us to believe there was only Ferrari, Armstrong and US Postal? WADA have said for ages they suspect something happening in Spain. Puerto has been going on for years and WADA have been struggling to get any info for just as long from what I understand.

I suspect the Puerto investigation would be way bigger than USADA. The Spaniards seem to think it is ok to dope. Well, they don't seem to bothered if they get caught. They certainly come back with out contrition.
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

Most of the people I talk to here about Contador say "there was only a tiny amount" ... more than the accepted amount, more than other riders had. It's like failing a breathalizer by a "tiny amount" - is that ok?

Also, he might as well have said that he bought his steak in Tesco and they put the clenbuterol in it ...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Swain OHaw wrote:Most of the people I talk to here about Contador say "there was only a tiny amount" ... more than the accepted amount, more than other riders had. It's like failing a breathalizer by a "tiny amount" - is that ok?

Also, he might as well have said that he bought his steak in Tesco and they put the clenbuterol in it ...

A little conspiracy theory for you. Contador got done for a tiny amount of clenbuterol. Schleck got done for a diuretic. What is the common thread?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Oh I know this one, they are both famous cyclists?
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

A Spanish doctor?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Swain OHaw wrote:A Spanish doctor?

The Team DS. :)
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

Well, at least if he's consistently doping his riders up, he's not very good at (avoiding getting caught at) it ...

They also both have alleged connections to the Doctor ... Contador's as mentioned in the article, where he was dismissed as being the 'AC' on the samples, which frankly would have been a really shit code if it was him. As for Frank Schleck's I'm not sure what it was, I went trawling Wikipedia to try and answer your question but didn't uncover the real answer ...
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Webber wades in:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorspo ... 2djcb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

norbs

Post by norbs »

Isn't he one of the F1 drivers that was in Bahrain when the government was beating the shit out of their people? That would have been the time to take the high moral ground. We all know Armstrong is a dick.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Webber was the only driver who spoke up about not going to Bahrain. All the others were suddenly quiet. At the time he said a race should come second to human rights.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Ouch another jabbing a knife in for some column inches.

I Markey Mark couldn't really influence anything at the time especially in another sport but fair dinkem why say this shit now in retrospect. Meh!!!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Flinty72 wrote:Ouch another jabbing a knife in for some column inches.

I Markey Mark couldn't really influence anything at the time especially in another sport but fair dinkem why say this shit now in retrospect. Meh!!!
Well he couldn't have really said anything before could he unless he wanted to be sued!