Guild Wars 2

General game chat
Dr. Pain

Guild Wars 2

Post by Dr. Pain »

Anyone playing it? I've been playing it since the stress test they started 25th and, at first, I found it confusing and not really enjoyable. It didn't grab me straight away like other mmo's have including WoW, Rift and SWTOR. It's taking it's time to grow on me but I'm not feeling the need or the want to play it all the time which is something I found with the other mmo's I mentioned. You need to spend a lot of time exploring I find to uncover lots of things and I guess that's not a bad thing. I've spent time just exploring points of interest and joining in on world events. Although in one area a shit load of marauding bears belted the snot out of me, which was a world event that triggers from time to time.

I don't think it's the ground breaking mmo it's hyped up to be. Really it's just another mmo that goes about things differently. You still have warriors, hunters/rangers, thieves and different spell casters and still all the same crafting professions found in all mmo's. But to be fair how different can you really make an mmo? The weapon swapping is nice once you get it and allows you to be much more versatile than other mmo's. My guardian can swap from sword and shield and defensive skills to 2 handed damage in a fight. But still that structure of tank, dps and healers is still there even though all classes have healing abilities.

If anyone is new to mmo's I'd still steer them towards WoW but for anyone else who has played mmo's then I say give it ago. No monthly fee's will mean its popular for a while. I won't bag it but I won't say I love it. All mmo's have their good points and bad points and this is no different. Like I said I found it confusing at first but now it's out there should be a lot more documentation around about the game. I didn't try the beta so Saturday it was all new to me.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by wobblysauce »

Played the beta, and it just felt meh solo.. group on the other hand was different.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Got nothing on today and should have it downloaded soon.
Only really played SWTOR and sort of played LOTRO a few years back so curious to see how i go haha

...interestingly someones already tried to reset my password :tilt:

EDIT: well seems good so far, quite different to what im used to. Just struggling to decide which class to stick with for a main character!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Was enjoying it.

Then my account was hacked by someone in china. Used to spam. Locked.

ArenaNet's security is terrible.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

No shit!!??

Wow thats some dodgy crap right there, as i said above someone tried to change my password...not cool.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Yep.

No email or anything from ArenaNet. You'd think they'd do something when my account is accessed from China.

Trying to go through support now, but i can't even log into account management to get the required information.

Bunch of useless pricks. If it isn't fixed, i'll just get the bank to do a reverse charge. Fuck em
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Yeah for sure.

Guess they need a security key thinger like SWTOR, or whatever WoW presumably has

Anyway, think im gonna go a Norn Ranger and/or a Charr Elementist, love how many options you get with it having the 4 elements to switch between!
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Its just there on the offensive against bot/gold farmers/spammers.

Unlike other games there that dont and screw the economy.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm finding this more enjoyable now. Knowing how things work in the game is making it more enjoyable, like crafting, the user bank and the trading post, now that it works. Also now that the wiki works, there's more information available which is making life easy although I'd only use it to grasp the basic then discover the game as you go. My first post I was still finding the basics confusing but now it's much better.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I'm still waiting. Over a week now.

I've never had to wait this long for any other MMO support at launch.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Yeah i am really enjoying the crafting and playing the Gem/Coin market!!

Cool thing about the wiki, you prob already know is, you can just access it from the game /wiki in chat! can even stick whatever page/search you want after it haha
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I've been really enjoying this of late been using the trading market. Bought some clothes that look pretty cool for Halloween.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Man i got to get playing this.

We were waiting for a friend who was gonna go through it with us, been 2 months now, think its time to take off on our own hahaha
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm the only one in my guild on Dragonbrand playing at the moment. I'm finding plenty of people about to do things, plenty of people to res too. A lot of bots are starting to infest Dragonbrand which is annoying seeing the run around in groups of 6 or 8. Hard to report them all.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I've been playing this quite a bit. It felt like it died as soon as I hit 80 though. Working on a Necro currently which seems to smash in WvW but lacks in PvE. It's a fun game, but fizzles out at the end in my opinion.

Dungeons are a complete cluster fuck, but they are sooo fun!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

GW2 has some nice armour in it. Some of the best armour I've seen in an mmo. I bought the primeval armour skin from the trading post and it looks great. The colours on this are iron and ox blood which are both metallic which really pops in the right light. This isn't the best pic but shows it well.
petey

Post by petey »

Holy mackerel does that need AA.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

AA'd this one. Set on the highest graphics option.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

...and the full pic which looks better.
petey

Post by petey »

Very nice indeed :D :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They took down the costumes for halloween which is a shame as both looked good. Another picture of the primeval armour skin on my guardian this time. Dye's are iron and silver.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I can't wait until the 16th (USA time) due to new content for 80's! I'm working hard to get my 2nd 80, Necromancer, up as Warriors are as common as grass. Hopefully they'll do somethign about the cluster fuck that are dungeons :D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Well one year of Guild Wars 2 and it's going like a train! I still play it every day and maybe have missed a day or two playing it since it launched.

Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Played it for 6 months and then went back to Warcraft. It had some pretty cool things, but nothing to keep me entertained in the long run. The game didn't really feel like I could be social with everyone. It was just different. Got a necro and Warrior to 80, played a few of the big content patches and couldn't be bothered after that. Personally, the holy trinity (tank/heals/dps) would have me back I reckon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

It was all fun and good till they banned people for selling to a vender in game.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ