Raceroom experience

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Raceroom experience

Post by Duke »

Simbin has released the Audi 90 IMSA for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title.
The turbo-powered iconic sports car is the latest add-on car for the free to play racer, it can now be bought in the R3E store for 299 vRP.
By my calcs that makes it $3.87USD or $4.14AUD (current exchange rate) if purchased using a 500vRP package & even cheaper if you buy one of the larger vRP packages.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Raceroom experience

Post by DexterPunk »

Awesome.

Hey flinty, how do you find the force feedback? I'm struggling to get it strong enough. Something I've never had an issue with at all on any other sim.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

DexterPunk wrote:Awesome.

Hey flinty, how do you find the force feedback? I'm struggling to get it strong enough. Something I've never had an issue with at all on any other sim.

Oh no don't get me started on FFB, it'll turn into a bigger discussion than the FOV one did. :rolleyes:
Honestly I go for fidelity rather than all out FFB strength to avoid FFB clipping. see below. ;)
So I've never had an issue in R3E or any other sim. From memory I run Logitech Profiler at 100% FFB & 80-85% in game for R3E.
Also the developer has posted his FANATEC wheel FFB settings for the A90 Quatrro GTO which are:
Mark's wheel settings during his Dev Drive:

Device Options in Windows:
540 Degrees
100% Overall FFB Strength
100% Constant
100% Periodic
0% Spring
0% Damper
Autocentre “By the game” 0%

Ingame settings:
Vibrations Support: Off
Force Feedback : On
Force Feedback FX : Full
Reverse Feedback: Off
Force Feedback Strength: 70%
Force Feedback Steering Force: 1.7
Force Feedback Steering Grip Weight: 0.5
Steering Weight Force: 0.6
Force Feedback Curb Force: 0.5
Force Feedback Curb Pull: 0

Steering lock is set to 26, but feel free to play around with this number to find your own preferred number.
As for FFB clipping have a look at these:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/thr ... ain.30763/

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Found this which has the same cuts to Hans-Joachiam Stuck as the R3E release vid

[youtube] [/youtube].
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I usually turn it down a fair bit in most sims as well, but everything set to full it's very light, and unlike other sims I can't feel when traction is breaking. It's probably time I looked at a new wheel, but it does the job in everything else. Although AC gave me some issues as well.

It's kinda strange though because it detects my wheel and has settings for it. But seems that some of the forces aren't coming through.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Awesome vid.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Simbin has released a preview of an upcoming content addition to their RaceRoom Racing Experience itle.
The video shows some gameplay footage of Austria’s Salzburgring that is due to join R3E soon.

The choice of adding this track to their simulation is not very surprising, not just because the Salzburgring is a fun racing venue but also because Simbin’s Alex Hummler has already created a splendid version of this track for rFactor (released under his Com8 nickname).
For the keen eyes you'll notice this also has a preview of the WTCC Honda Civic which I expect will be part of their WTCC Experience Package which is also coming soon.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Simbin has revealed two new content additions to R3E, showing off first renders of the Audi R18 TDI and the Nissan R90CK Group C prototype.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ISR's first in depth look at Race Room Racing Experience by SimBin Studios.
Darin and Jason provide some insight into R3E and give you their impressions on what it’s like in it’s current state. They also discuss some of the changes that will be coming soon in a future patch. This is not a full review and we don’t put it on our “Revs” scale. That will come
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I'll be given the MP Alpha a go on the weekend, lets hope I don't have to deal with the Euro 1st turn dive-bombers like this vid shows. :lol:
I do like the TV graphic style elements in the DTM Experience part of R3E, especially the top ribbon showing your place & delta time to the cars around you. Wish AC has something similar.
SimBin have released their highly anticipated big patch for RaceRoom Racing Experience. With that came the DTM Experience Multiplayer Alpha feature for DTM Experience 2014 Season Pass Holders. This is a first teaser of what Multiplayer will represent in RaceRoom Racing Experience. Net-code has always been a make or break feature for a lot of simulators out there. By the looks of things, Simbin have done a cracking job in their first attempt to get the Multiplayer feature of R3E rolling.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Steam sale had some cheap cars last night. I bought the Old school Volvo, and a konnigsseigegeeeggge

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Having huge fun with the Volvo 240 Turbo... Really starting to enjoy this sim. I really think this is the best on offer right now.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Once i move house and have a proper internet connection i will be giving this a go, I have downloaded it this weekend with Vodafones unlimited data offer so will see what is in it atm tonight too :D
Hello :aussie:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Takes a bit of tweaking, but I'm having a blast. It's not without it's faults, but fun to drive for the most part. The AI are seriously impressive. The best I've ever encountered in any racing game. They will attack you properly, and race you properly.

I just bought the DTM series from steam, but unfortunately it seems to be a lot more taxing than the vanilla sim. Even setting my graphics to mostly LOW I can't seem to get decent frame rates. This is one of the first games I've ever played where my PC struggles. Will have to wait for an upgrade to get the most out of this one.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

What does the base download include without me getting up and having a look?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

About 4 cars, and one race circuit, and a hill climb/point to point road that can be reversed.

The hill climb track has some weird things going on, the crash physics when you hit a wall/bank seem odd. But I guess you should try not to hit them :)

I've always felt more at home with Simbin (GTR1 and 2, GTL, and GTR EVO). It's no real surprise that I like this. The Volvo turbo is worth paying for. It's only 79 vrp right now on sale... Which is under a dollar?? Love how much it moves around.

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ok given it a go, really like the volvo turbo, bought bathurst, the 2 discounted cars and the audi, about to try the audi on a hillclimb, ugh oh
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I really should grab Bathurst

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Also pays to spend some time getting the wheel tweaked.

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

yeah i am just tweaking it now as it didnt feel right, but i set the lock too high for using 540 degrees so i have halved it and see how i go now
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

What wheel?

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

g27, any advice? it doesnt feel right when sliding lol
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Was thinking of trying again, but if a game can't have the G27 settings right out of the box it can't be trusted to have anything right. Especially one that has been out for well over a year now.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I find R3E to be a pretty forgiving sim when compared to AC but that is also why I love it as it is different & you can just jump in & have a quick blast.

As for FFB, yep it isn't as refined & a lot of the settings are not intuitive or explained, it was one of the con's that ISR stated in the test drive vid I posted above.
Now I haven't tried any of the below but plan to very soon, from memory I use 540 or 720 degrees with a steering lock in the mid-20's for R3E though.

Oldtimer posted his setting using a G27 here but beware these settings are pre-big patch that just got released: http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/8693- ... ntry127180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also have a look at the settings posted by the developer of the Audi 90 Quattro using his Thrustmaster TX300 wheel here: http://insider.simbin.com/driving-devel ... 0-quattro/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for car setups, FFWD the ISR test drive vid to 27:45 & try the generic changes Jason suggests.
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

GT VIRUS wrote:Was thinking of trying again, but if a game can't have the G27 settings right out of the box it can't be trusted to have anything right. Especially one that has been out for well over a year now.
Works great out of the box. Just worthwhile tweaking it to your taste.

I'll post what I'm using if I get a chance tonight.