Air-vids

ARSE Aviators Airways.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Air-vids

Post by Exar Kun »

Farking hell!!! Seeing something that large just drop from the sky is freaky.

edit: reading around - apparently monitored radio picked up the crew reporting there had been a large load shift which caused the aircraft to pitch up violently into a stall and there wasn't the altitude to recover.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Yep, probably one or more of the 5 military vehicles, about 32,000 lb each.

Quite a shift in balance.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
petey

Post by petey »

I did LOL at the american comments complaining that the man showed no "OMG WOW HOLY SHIT" reaction.

Only in America do people start screaming at the top of their lungs when something unusual happens.

Also found the truck racing away a bit funny. "Fuck this I'm outta here" sorta thing.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Like Exar Kun said, I found it so surreal as I think you just can't comprehend that it happened in reality.
The pilot & crew definitely did their best somehow getting the aircraft attitude corrected before the fatal impact.
What ever was the cause it was obviously catastrophic & tragic.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
petey

Post by petey »

I have to say Avro, if you are by yourself (albeit with a dog in the car) Do you really expect to start making vocal exclamations when a plane starts heading towards you?

I expect shock and instincts to kick in and you to be quiet as a mouse. If you are making vocal responses I would consider you to be either insane or an idiot.

Not to say the event was not unworthy of noise, but if I was that bloke, it would be the last thing I expect to be happening.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

But why not think of just plain speechless.. you do not need to say anything as your mind races as to what to do.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
petey

Post by petey »

That is what I was getting at wobbles yes.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I reckon the drivers & passengers of those vehicles had a lot to process in that very short space of time.
There would have been more than a few times they would have thought they were probably going to die given how close they were especially once they realised what was going on.
You can see the cars slow, stop & in the case of the video car even reverse, so I think those actions along with trying to process & comprehend what they just witnessed probably contributed to the silence in the cab.
I would also suggest that shock took hold afterwards which also contributed to the actions & lack of noise in the video.
Glad I wasn't there in person...
Dukester

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

This one's for smiss:

[youtube] [/youtube]

I love these things. So much performance from a machine with no engine. Check out all the water ballast being dumped.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

I suppose this belongs in the Air vids section.

These are two movies made from Lock On Modern Air Combat. They are based on two French pilots; the out-of-control Bill and his starchy colleague, John. There is also a psychotic air-to-air refueller whose name escapes me.

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]

Pretty good for a 10 year old sim.

You can download the originals from here:

http://billetjohn.free.fr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Su-35 at Paris. Holy shitbags! Imagine having this thing under you in a dogfight.

[youtube]r3h2PIo0tt0 [/youtube]
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

They're not really flying anymore are they? Like it states when thrust is so high it makes those vectors a reality.
Definitely spectacular but would they really work well enough & repeatedly in real world applications to win battles???
Dukester

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

We'll likely never know but since the main aim is to get your nose pointed at your enemy, it certainly seems to have advantages in that area.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I'm just baffled as to how they A) Keep the flow of air through the engines going the right way... and B) how they can manoeuvre the plane at suck low speeds!
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Not many dog fights now days, as it is all about the lock on and fire from 3km+ away, from then on it is about trying not to get hit by the missile.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

wobblysauce wrote:Not many dog fights now days, as it is all about the lock on and fire from 3km+ away, from then on it is about trying not to get hit by the missile.
The Americans said the same thing before Vietnam!
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Flinty72 wrote:...would they really work well enough & repeatedly in real world applications to win battles???
These sorts of manoeuvres would not happen in real combat.

BUT they are a pointer to how well the pilot can hose around and how controllable it is. The Su-27 and its variants are probably the most aerodynamically refined fighter aircraft anywhere. What they lack in manufacturing quality, they make up for in flying qualities.

I notice that they have dispensed with canards. This was a solution to the basic problem of the Flanker; sluggish manoeuvrability at transonic speeds. So it begs the question: have they resolved it? Don't know. But you can bet they wouldn't have taken them off if they didn't have an alternative.

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

A330 engine explosion:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23071947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

[youtube] [/youtube]

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

More of the Su-35 Flanker E from the Paris Air Show:

[youtube] [/youtube]

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

[youtube] [/youtube]

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Hey this might be a more appropriate place to post this...

Do you guys have any suggestions for some cool HD aviation footage? At least 720p - and a good 10 mins or so at least.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

[youtube] [/youtube]
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

[youtube] [/youtube]
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

That's awesome, not sure I would put myself directly in the approach path but that is plane spotter heaven. :O

Tks for sharing Kev.
Dukester