Planetside 2

General game chat
Leweegibo

Planetside 2

Post by Leweegibo »

Thought i'd bring it up as i have a couple of beta keys, if anyone wants them.

Had completely forgot about it and as a newcomer to the series was pretty blown away by the scale of it.
Just a few massive servers where you battle for control of areas and resources on a huge map as 3 factions.

Comes out at the end of the month and is free to play, with optional cosmetic and xp boosting purchases and such. Not all that much in the know but yeah as someone who isnt usually into future-y stuff, i think its pretty damn cool! I believe there is an oceanic/aus server on the way too, if not already added, i havent updated yet.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Pic of an armour column, one of the first things i saw in game!
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Planetside 2

Post by Righteous »

I started playing this, this weekend. I was a bit tired of BF3 and noticed a few people mention planetside on forums. It has taken me a bit of time to really "get" it, but had a really good run this morning. I'm really enjoying it so far. Apparently servers hold about 2000 people. Some of the stuff I saw this morning was huge, so much going on.

I'll be putting some more hours into it, but I love the scale of it.
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

I was the same, heard a few forums talking about it, but I`m not really into the futuristic stuff. But I watched the trailer and it looks awesome. Keen to have a crack at it.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

The aus server went up yesterday, its pretty low population at the moment but that can make for some fun small squad tactics. But the low ping is very noticeable and makes for a much smoother experience.
One of the continents was almost deserted as 3 of us took over the whole map, racing around on 4 wheelers and other mucking about!

it really has some glorious scenery at times:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Cool, I noticed the Aus server was up. I hope they get some decent numbers as it will really make or break this game.

I agree about the graphics, they can be pretty spectacular at times, especially the lighting around sunrise/sunset.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'd be happy to try it! Altho I'm short on free time ...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

Got the beta last night, had a crack this arvo. Seems like I can put a whole clip into someone, yet they turn around and bang I`m dead. Other then that, its pretty fun.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Did you jump on the aus server? i had that issue a lot on the US ones. But maybe im just getting used to it, keep in mind some people have been playing this for months haha
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Lewee or another that has an invite, I'll be happy to get one and test it also.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Im out now sorry. But anyone else who has had beta for a while, check emails, as nearly every email i have had from the Planetside 2 team has had a beta key in it.
Only about 10 days left of beta then it launches on the 20th i beleive, free to play.

Had some fun last night:
[youtube] [/youtube]
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

Leweegibo wrote:Did you jump on the aus server? i had that issue a lot on the US ones. But maybe im just getting used to it, keep in mind some people have been playing this for months haha

Yeah on the Aus server. I`m pretty shit at multiplayer FPS, don`t have enough time to play all day. Mind you I`m useless on iRacing too, so maybe its just me.

I checked my emails, I haven`t been given any extra beta keys.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Yeah i just had a real painful time. Few of us tried an assault but just got annihilated, so we moved back to a big base to defend and guys were just popping up left right and centre, died so many times.
Really helps when you are in a proper squad or platoon with some command structure, as annoying as it is listening to all the bitching :P
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

Can`t even get on the server at the moment. When I was on earlier it said something about restricting external players?
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Yeah, i think thats "maintenance"

By the way i am Leweegibo on the New Conglomerate faction, as it was lowest pop when i got in, therefore more resource bonuses.
Also like the high powered/more cumbersome approach, but those damn Vanu's are pissing me off!
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

Leweegibo wrote:Yeah, i think thats "maintenance"

By the way i am Leweegibo on the New Conglomerate faction, as it was lowest pop when i got in, therefore more resource bonuses.
Also like the high powered/more cumbersome approach, but those damn Vanu's are pissing me off!

I thought about making a character for all 3 factions, so I might join your faction and see how that goes. I`m slasher8u in game, when I can get on, seems everytime I try to get on its down for maintenance.

EDIT: Anyone elses controls seem to lag? mouse and keyboard are slow to respond sometimes, usual when I`m shooting. So bloody annoying.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

havent really noticed any lag i dont think, but i play a lot of Red Orchestra 2 which has very slow/clumsy controls.

but not so sure about the NC now haha the Terran seem to smash us every time, but again might be due to us being the minority. TR were going to be my initial choice.
I believe there will be a character wipe before main release so good chance to figure one out hahaha.

Jumped on a US server again today, noticed the lag but man the battles were enormous compared to the aus server, multiple drop ships full of troops heading into combat with columns of tanks below!!!!
sure hope the aus one picks up after launch!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Well, for days now I can't get in. Every time I'd jump on, the servers are down. It maybe a good game, but it seems I will never know...:/
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Yeah dunno what the go is with that, they give no information either. No doubt thats why the Aus server is always so empty!
i have been lucky enough to have mid arvos free so been getting on then. It'll still be free upon full release and i'd hope the servers dont go down every night for us then :P
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Leweegibo wrote:havent really noticed any lag i dont think, but i play a lot of Red Orchestra 2 which has very slow/clumsy controls.
What name do you use in RO2? Do you play on Cat's server?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Servers are shutdown for updates every night. Stupidly it's during our peak time 6pm-12am. It's the same as US which is annoying. They should be up all weekend though.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Durrie wrote:
Leweegibo wrote:havent really noticed any lag i dont think, but i play a lot of Red Orchestra 2 which has very slow/clumsy controls.
What name do you use in RO2? Do you play on Cat's server?
Sure do, Leweegibo, same as here, havent been on for a week or so, seem to be having issues with custom maps since the whole steam workshop thing.
slasher8u

Post by slasher8u »

Is there a way to add people to a list of such, so I can see if those people are online?
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

In the Esc menu hit the social tab, you can add friends but i believe they have to accept n such
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

got a few more beta keys if anyone wants
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

96CCJD4D2J3ZXHMPRTMK
XGHPD7JCEPRZ7C23KAEK
3CJMC2AJ7ZCKP4MXPGKN