Ghost bikes

CyclARSEts talk in here.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Ghost bikes

Post by w00dsy »

i'd never heard of these until recently, apparently for about the last 10 years if someone dies in a cycling accident, someone paints a bike white and leaves it in that spot. I've never seen one before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Ghost bikes

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:i'd never heard of these until recently, apparently for about the last 10 years if someone dies in a cycling accident, someone paints a bike white and leaves it in that spot. I've never seen one before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There was an uproar a while back when 2 or 3 in the states were stolen.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Freakin morbid if you ask me.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
petey

Post by petey »

Use to see one everyday. Stretch of road parallel to a waste transfer station. Naturally lots of big trucks use the road and so there is a bike track 5metres offset from the road.

Every day I saw fools choosing to ride the road instead of using the track, who is the ghost bike there for cyclists or motorists? Just a matter of time till there is two if the cyclists think they are going to win against two trucks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.