Lets watch those Catholic fucks sweat

all the ARSE dribble
Dr. Pain

Re: Lets watch those Catholic fucks sweat

Post by Dr. Pain »

He should die in prison. Not because of who he is and his status, or to be made an example of, but I feel anyone that ruins lives through these actions need a harsh punishment. One life lost and one scared forever all from stealing some wine. 6 years is rubbish, it should be 25 years.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:He should die in prison. Not because of who he is and his status, or to be made an example of, but I feel anyone that ruins lives through these actions need a harsh punishment. One life lost and one scared forever all from stealing some wine. 6 years is rubbish, it should be 25 years.

Assuming that is all he has done!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Dr. Pain wrote:He should die in prison. Not because of who he is and his status, or to be made an example of, but I feel anyone that ruins lives through these actions need a harsh punishment.
I couldn't agree more.
I think if you are guilty of these crimes you should never be let out and if said country supports the death penalty then thats what you get.

Sick fucks.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Montey

Post by Montey »

I wonder how long until he converts to Islam.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

norbs wrote:
Dr. Pain wrote:He should die in prison. Not because of who he is and his status, or to be made an example of, but I feel anyone that ruins lives through these actions need a harsh punishment. One life lost and one scared forever all from stealing some wine. 6 years is rubbish, it should be 25 years.

Assuming that is all he has done!
If there is more then it should be trailed and charged as another crime, and it will be, but sentences should not to be served concurrently.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Jesus Christ, that made me guffaw Mont :rofl:

I'd actually love to know more about this case because as a layman I cannot for the life of me understand how he was convicted, guilty or nae.

No Witness.
No Physical Evidence.
No DNA Evidence.
The word of one against another, a quarter of a century later.

There must be more to it.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs

Post by norbs »

Montey wrote:I wonder how long until he converts to Islam.
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Jamo wrote:Jesus Christ, that made me guffaw Mont :rofl:

I'd actually love to know more about this case because as a layman I cannot for the life of me understand how he was convicted, guilty or nae.

No Witness.
No Physical Evidence.
No DNA Evidence.
The word of one against another, a quarter of a century later.

There must be more to it.

Jesus wept.

One victim was put on the stand and questioned. Pell did not get cross examined. The jury found against Pell (appeal pending).

I realise empathy isnt your strong point Jamo, but do you believe Pell is innocent?
Montey

Post by Montey »

norbs wrote:
Montey wrote:I wonder how long until he converts to Islam.
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean?
Islam is a massive presence in the prison system, with prisoners aggressively recruited into the faith through coercion and as prisoners seek protection within the system by effectively becoming a member of a protected group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversio ... #Australia

I don't really think Pell will convert, although he would be a major scalp for prison recruiters - I just like the idea (thought it was funny) of Pell, being such a highly placed Catholic, entering the prison system and then going the same way as so many others who enter the system and converting to Islam (to protect himself from those who will seek to hurt him for being a pedo - pedo's are hated in the prison system).
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Ahh. Ok. I had no idea the numbers were so high. One of our local cycling group is a prison office at South Nowra, and he did say the number of Muslim prisoners was high. I thought he meant most Muslims were criminals. I will have to ask him.

I dont expect Pell would flip.

Thanks for the link.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

norbs wrote:I realise empathy isnt your strong point Jamo, but do you believe Pell is innocent?
What does empathy have to do it with it. Law is based on cold hard facts, it has to be for our system to work correctly. This is seemingly just words.

Norbs I do not know if he's innocent or guilty. What I do know is that from what we've seen (there may have been more as I pointed out) I simply cannot comprehend how he has been convicted.

Just run through a quick scenario. Jack had a hard teacher whom he thought was a real prick to him. 20 years later Jack makes a statement that said teacher touched him....
This is apparently enough to get one thrown in gaol these days.

It's insane.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

No, it's not. You have to unanimously convince a jury, beyond reasonable doubt, that the person did it.

23 out of 24 jurors were convinced that Pell was guilty beyond reasonable doubt based on what was presented to them.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: RE: Re: Lets watch those Catholic fucks sweat

Post by w00dsy »

DarrenM wrote:No, it's not. You have to unanimously convince a jury, beyond reasonable doubt, that the person did it.

23 out of 24 jurors were convinced that Pell was guilty beyond reasonable doubt based on what was presented to them.
I haven't followed this that closely but do we the public know everything that was presented to the jury or are we only told certain things? I'd imagine the evidence is pretty compelling if he was found guilty.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Jamo wrote:
norbs wrote:I realise empathy isnt your strong point Jamo, but do you believe Pell is innocent?
What does empathy have to do it with it. Law is based on cold hard facts, it has to be for our system to work correctly. This is seemingly just words.

Norbs I do not know if he's innocent or guilty. What I do know is that from what we've seen (there may have been more as I pointed out) I simply cannot comprehend how he has been convicted.

Just run through a quick scenario. Jack had a hard teacher whom he thought was a real prick to him. 20 years later Jack makes a statement that said teacher touched him....
This is apparently enough to get one thrown in gaol these days.

It's insane.
It seems like you dont give a fuck for the victims of this guys crimes. Then again, you aren't on your own there.

Yes, you havent heard all the evidence, the evidence that the jury heard.

For you hypothetical, Jack would have to convince 12 members of the jury that it happened. And be crossed examined by people who are pretty good at it. He can't, as you say "say the teacher touched him". That is fucking ludicrous. And it is statements like that, that make me think you lack empathy.

It is the same for people that say "ah fuck, it happened 25 years ago, who cares?" The victims care. They have had to live with it all that time. They were fucking kids.

What is insane is that there are a shit ton of victims out there who have never said anything. And never will, because they dont want to relive it. For some, it becomes too much, and they end it, like one of Pell's victims did.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

We all might have hoped for more, but 6 years is a reasonably long sentence for a pedo. A pedo got caught at work and only got 2 years. For some reason the system and sentencing laws don't have this right. I thought with victim impact statements, that the penalties would get harsher, but they can only go to certain levels anyway.

What I don't get is you get a ton more time for killing someone, but that person is dead, yeah the family has to still deal with it, but sexual assault victims have a life time of hurt going on. I've always thought it back to front, that sexual assault should get the highest of penalties.

That said, there is a prison code, unfortunately they send all the pedo's to the same prison because they know if they put them in a normal prison, they'll get some prison justice. Been told that they would stick garden hose up a guys ass, feed in barbed wire and then pull the hose out and leave the fucker to tear his own insides out to get it out.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

"Reasonable doubt" is not the same thing as "Any doubt".
Eyewitness and victim accounts are legitimate forms of evidence, and in this case, tested by cross-examination.
Incontrovertible evidence isn't always.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I dunno perhaps if I were on the jury I would have been swayed too. But from what has been disclosed publicly, it would've been a resounding not guilty from me.

If his appeal fails then fair cop and I hope he burns in the eternal torment his faith dictates.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Not much has been disclosed to the public to spare the victims.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Shame
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

George Pell to be stripped of his Order of Australia

Andrew Bolt... still claiming Pell is innocent. Must be losing his mind right now.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I dont really understand Bolts logic, he is basing Pells innocence on the few times he's meet him and he doesn't seem like the sort of bloke that would do it. Can he not see that a full court case and judge and jury would get a lot more details than he'd get?
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Because he is a fuckwit who panders to his audience and like Alan Jones has lost sight of realism and whats actually happening in the world.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

What nutty said!
eek
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Just read he has been acquitted by the High Court!