Good deal?

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Good deal?

Post by ysu »

Hey gents, I dunno much about DSLRs I thought I'd just get one as a gift for bro when I visit him back at home later this year...
And just run into this deal:
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/hot-deal ... -lens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you guys reckon it's a good deal, great deal, or a crap not wroth considering?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Good deal?

Post by norbs »

If you had told me 5 years ago you'd be able to get a DSLR and lens for $358 I would have laughed at you.

As far as gear goes, it is bottom of the line, but for that money, hard to beat IMHO.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Good deal?

Post by ysu »

I've bought it and received it a few days ago. I had a bit of time today so I've unpacked it to see if it's working - after all it goes overseas as a gift (plus I was very curious).

We've snapped a few quick shots in fairly low light conditions and I'm impressed. The thing goes up to 1600 iso and takes very decent shots.
The lenses it comes with may not be the best but they're certainly adequate, with a bit of zoom in them.

Amateur work but the photos look very nice, IMHO.

The funny thing is I've bought the pana fz7 a while back for $700 or so, and this one wipes the floor with it - for half the money :) Well, almost the 12x zoom is still king, hehe.
But seriously, I'm considering upgrading...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?