Couple wanted for Mars trip

ARSE Aviators Airways.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Couple wanted for Mars trip

Post by Big Kev »

A team led by millionaire and former space tourist Dennis Tito plans to send a "tested couple" to Mars and back in a privately funded mission.

The Inspiration Mars Foundation plans to start its one-and-a-half-year mission in January 2018.

The plan was to choose a middle-aged couple because their health and fertility would be less affected by the radiation they would be exposed to during such a long space mission.

The couple would receive extensive training and would be able to draw on psychological support from mission control throughout the mission.

The mission will be a straightforward flight to the Red Planet and return without landing. This greatly reduces the cost of the mission. The Mars Inspiration team believe that it is technically possible to launch such a mission in five years' time.

The Mars Inspiration team is aiming for a January 2018 launch because it coincides with a close alignment of Mars and Earth, such that a round trip would take about a year-and-a half, or 501 days - whereas outside of this window such a trip might take two or three years .
I'm thinking w00dsy and his good lady wife would be both entertaining and insightful. :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Couple wanted for Mars trip

Post by w00dsy »

She'd spend the whole trip asking what speed I was doing
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Pull over and ask someone for directions.....
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Pff, me and Mrs Durbs spent longer than that living in a tent.

OK, we were allowed to go outside but still.