Tomb Raider

General game chat
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Tomb Raider

Post by Big Kev »

Anyone got the new version of this?

I've had pretty much all of them since the PS1 days I think.

This is a little different in that you're less of the lonesome figure in tombs and more a combination of Creed and Uncharted.

Not too bad so far. Very good, if dark, graphics and plenty to do. Bit too much combat for my liking but you have to credit them for trying something a little different to the previous games. Some sections are more like guided CGI though. You're happily running along and you suddenly find you're not really in control any more and you're in a scripted part when you have to just press forward or triangle at the right time to get through but they're done ok.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Tomb Raider

Post by wobblysauce »

Over hyped.. Over outrage usage.

Game was tame but had its good points, but no Uncharted.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Of course it's not Uncharted, it's Tomb Raider.

Quite enjoying. More than I thought I would. A few too many quick time events though.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'm not minding it so far but I've struggled to find the time to give it a decent go so I tend to forget the story while I'm away from the game which is detracting a lot from it for me.

It's not really the games fault I guess, but maybe if it was better I would make time for it instead of playing simcity which has my attention at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I'm a good way in to it now and enjoying it but too much combat and not enough tomb raiding for my liking.

What made the original games was you in a huge cave, temple or on a sphinx or something being able to see a lever miles away that you need to open a door and exploring and working out puzzles to get there.

This is more run, fight, run, fight, simple puzzle, fight.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Finished this at the weekend. 70%

Now I'm going to go back through the levels and get all the artifacts etc although I don't think I'll bother with the ghost hunter ones as they see to be like a needle in a haystack to find. It's just 10 wind chimes in the forest that are nigh on impossible to spot.

Overall, great graphics, decent story, I would have preferred a more old fashioned TR style of game rather than the shooty stuff but this missing 30% ironically is more what I like doing and in that style.

A solid 9 out of 10 from me.
My Flickr Stream
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

The way I see it, this is prequel to the tomb raiding.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Just finished it with 78% completion and couldn't agree with Kev's sentiments more, could have done with more of the puzzles and jumping of Tomb Raiders gone by but still a good game, 9 out of 10 also for me.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

R8, it needs a prequel to this prequel, as you can run jump and dead eye a butterfly at 100 paces.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

This weekend, Tomb Raider can be bought for half price at GreenMan Gaming. Not only that, but when purchasing if you use the code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA it'll knock $5 off that already low price. Tomb Raider for $20. Bargain.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Borrowed this off a mate recently, and have been enjoying it immensely. I think I'm about half way through... it keeps fresh by slowly introducing new weapon upgrades which allow you to open up/access stuff you couldn't before. Kind of like Metroid in a more tomb raiding type environment :)