Sydney cyclARSEts, up for a Sat ride?

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Sydney cyclARSEts, up for a Sat ride?

Post by norbs »

A few shots from the GoPro. I was nearly finished a really long blog post when FireFox crashed and took the post with it. Carnt!!!!!!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Haha. Sucks to be that poor sap.

Still in hospital. Hope to get out today. No heart problems. That was a furphy. Sore as buggery but more from the other dents and wrenches than from the collarbone. Concussion better but still can't read for more than a few minutes.

Off the iv morphine finally. Big objective now is to have a Donald Trump. Make sure the pipes work.

Smiss

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Can't believe no ones mentioned this but Brett you've clearly and poorly photoshopped Smiss to have that sixpack he kept mentioning, replacing that 'with child' look he was pulling of so well. I thought Bibi was supposed to carry the baby Smiss!

LOLOLOL
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs

Post by norbs »

Jamo wrote:Can't believe no ones mentioned this but Brett you've clearly and poorly photoshopped Smiss to have that sixpack he kept mentioning, replacing that 'with child' look he was pulling of so well. I thought Bibi was supposed to carry the baby Smiss!

LOLOLOL
That tubby fellow kicked your arse up one of the climbs! :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Glad to hear you're OK, Smiss. Sounds like a bloody big ouch though!!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Phew, good news to hear in the morning Smiss.

Should mention, Jamo might get a kick out of knowing that Norbs broke a spoke near the end of the ride. :faint: I still don't think it's a rough path however.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Jamo wrote:Can't believe no ones mentioned this but Brett you've clearly and poorly photoshopped Smiss to have that sixpack he kept mentioning, replacing that 'with child' look he was pulling of so well. I thought Bibi was supposed to carry the baby Smiss!

LOLOLOL
I was also going to photoshop a g-banger on the paramedic who's bending over but thought that would be in poor taste :D

Surprised you weren't hitting on them Jamo
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Christ Norbs don't remind me, its the most graphic and shocking sign yet as to the pitiful shape I'm in.

Bollocks Av its a rough as a hungover Norbs at 5am, it clearly was designed by someone who hates cyclists. How else do you explain the countless mid apex drains alone.

Brett the driver was clearly militant and vaguely scary, the other might've began to look alright after a few belts :)
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs

Post by norbs »

Blog post done.

http://norbs.tk/ef" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Blog post done.

sounds like a decent day out up until the crash.. then all hell appears to have broken loose. :( You guys didn't run over any black cats, break any mirrors or any such thing prior to setting out on the return leg did you? :P

Anyone know what sort of helmet it was? IIRC, they should compress, and never crack/break.
norbs

Post by norbs »

CLP wrote:
norbs wrote:Blog post done.

sounds like a decent day out up until the crash.. then all hell appears to have broken loose. :( You guys didn't run over any black cats, break any mirrors or any such thing prior to setting out on the return leg did you? :P

Anyone know what sort of helmet it was? IIRC, they should compress, and never crack/break.
I seem to recall Smiss saying something about the Lion of Flanders. I am sure he will let us know.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Mate it was a massive blow to the head, his nog bounced like a freaking basketball. I must admit as I went by hard on the brakes and heard the sounds he was making I feared the worst.

Lazer helmet I believe
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Also I know a thing or two about massive bike crashes, one at approx 70KPH and the other approx 40KPH followed by a six foot drop onto sandstone (fun!) and both times my helmet has cracked all the way through.

Bell helmets too not cheapies.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Smiss uploaded his last ride to Strava.

Looks like he was doing 35kph when he hit the deck.

http://app.strava.com/activities/53146889" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fark.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote: Looks like he was doing 35kph when he hit the deck.
Ouch :o

Wondering whether the severity of the injuries were a result of the speed, or the (apparently) awkward way he came down? big off, no matter how you cut it. Hope the recovery is going well.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I figured it was something like that and I think the grass clipped some speed off as well.

I reckon both CLP.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Sorry to hear of the off Smiss, looks nasty! Hope you're back in action soon!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Thanks for the kind thoughts chaps. I'm back at work today one-finger typing in a sling. Got out of hospital Tuesday night (they wanted to keep me another 72 hours!) and spent the rest of the week resting up, visiting doctors and getting used to doing things one-handed. Most of the discomfort is coming from my other injuries (ribs, hip, head) than the collarbone. I have to sleep sitting up to ensure there's traction on my collarbone to help line up the ends and is difficult to get comfortable.

Also got a bit of a chest infection under the banged up ribs and have to keep an eye on that (it is difficult to cough effectively).

Overall, a pain in the arse this injury (metaphorically), but many thanks to my arse mates who helped me on the day and afterwards! Much, much appreciated.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Geez , just read about your accident smith :( . Good to hear your recovering , take it easy mate .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Best of luck with your recovery! :yes:
balls & boobs. . .
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Thanks chaps - got my bike back and its not in too bad shape. Stuffed if I know where I'll get a replacement hood for my Suntour brakes though.

Recovery is slow - went to first physio session yesterday and they found I also had some spinal damage up in my neck, which was causing some nerve problems (explains the shooting electric-shock like pains i get down my arm), so I get to find out next week if that will hold up my recovery. At present out of sling and trying to move and use my arm; and off the hillbilly heroin.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Farken knew it, I told ya! Remember I was telling you to watch your neck. A nog can't bounce like that without knackering the neck.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Damn, sounds nasty, hope the neck doesn't slow the recovery any.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Nerve problem seems to be serious and probably related to one of the bits of collarbone pushing against my brachial plexus nerve. Sudden need for an operation this afternoon apparently - wish me luck chaps.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

:eyepop:

good luck.. hope it all goes well and without complications.