Sim Racing games these days?

General game chat
Enforcer-J

Re: Sim Racing games these days?

Post by Enforcer-J »

ysu wrote:if you want to participate in a weekly online race meeting using netkarPro (and later Assetto Corsa when it comes out I guess) visit us at XGN, the osella season is about to start
(but there'll be some abarth evo racing tonight)

It's not "professional", rather friendly, and you do not need to be xxx-fast to have fun, the ballast system helps with pulling the field together. There's still a couple of spots left.
I''ll be signing up (when account becomes active) I'm extremely rusty with this game and will be miles off the pace but I'll try and stay out of the way. I was keen on LFS MNR series but I cant get a Monday night free for the life of me. Tuesdays are probably the best so hopefully I can get some laps in!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Enforcer-J wrote:
ysu wrote:if you want to participate in a weekly online race meeting using netkarPro (and later Assetto Corsa when it comes out I guess) visit us at XGN, the osella season is about to start

It's not "professional", rather friendly, and you do not need to be xxx-fast to have fun, the ballast system helps with pulling the field together. There's still a couple of spots left.
I''ll be signing up (when account becomes active) I'm extremely rusty with this game and will be miles off the pace but I'll try and stay out of the way. I was keen on LFS MNR series but I cant get a Monday night free for the life of me. Tuesdays are probably the best so hopefully I can get some laps in!
You're very welcome. There are quite a few slower guys in the field, so it won't be a problem. Just sign up, the first race is the day after tomorrow. You'll need a few things set up, eg we don't use the last patch, there are skins, and you will need to d/l and install the track...get onto the xgn forums or the TS at night for more help. I'll prolly be there (look for "Bird")
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

ysu wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:

You're very welcome. There are quite a few slower guys in the field, so it won't be a problem. Just sign up, the first race is the day after tomorrow. You'll need a few things set up, eg we don't use the last patch, there are skins, and you will need to d/l and install the track...get onto the xgn forums or the TS at night for more help. I'll prolly be there (look for "Bird")
Thanks mate, I'm pretty much set to go I've got the right version, tracks, skins etc :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Enforcer-J wrote:Thanks mate, I'm pretty much set to go I've got the right version, tracks, skins etc :)
That's great - you might want to install the jump2nkp proggy as well if you haven't already ( check the info in this thread: http://www.xgn.com.au/forums/showthread ... -TS-etc%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
We pretty much all use that, because sometimes the server wouldn't show up in the list, or between sessions you need an extra server-list refresh otherwise (to avoid joining the old & wrong session)
Have you tried to join the server yet?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

ysu wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:Thanks mate, I'm pretty much set to go I've got the right version, tracks, skins etc :)
That's great - you might want to install the jump2nkp proggy as well if you haven't already ( check the info in this thread: http://www.xgn.com.au/forums/showthread ... -TS-etc%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
We pretty much all use that, because sometimes the server wouldn't show up in the list, or between sessions you need an extra server-list refresh otherwise (to avoid joining the old & wrong session)
Have you tried to join the server yet?
Yup. All works a treat!
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

F1 2012 is $14 on Steam today - if you hesitated on the special from page 1 :)
--------------
Stu
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Waiting for the delivery to show up.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

surprised you guys haven't got into this :p

VRacer - The REAL Racing Car Simulator
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

im so there....................
pab

Post by pab »

matticooper wrote:surprised you guys haven't got into this :p

VRacer - The REAL Racing Car Simulator
I was about to post "Nah, I think I'll wait for the West Brothers to finish Racing Legends instead", but then I saw this testimonail:
Some Yank idiot wrote:An Addicting Game That Will Entertain You For Hours
If it's that Addicting then I gotta have it!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
pab

Post by pab »

Speaking of which, posting this made me wonder if the West Brothers have closed down their website yet, has anyone seen what's there now? Looks like they got a little side tracked again, that's not good, their sim might not be out any time soon by the looks of it!

http://www.west-racing.com/
PB
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

ran out of money perhaps? Needed to find something quick n easy?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

http://www.west-racing.com/racing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a few of us who still post on the forum every blue moon or so :)
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Have they finished modelling all the cars in the spectators car parks and the food vans yet?

They are poster boys for avoidance i reckon.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
richo

Post by richo »

Seriously what's iRacing like these days for Australian's ? I played it when it initially came out and I didn't dig it tbh is it better now with local servers etc?
[]D [] []v[] []D
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah its pretty decent. the tyre model Sucks balls in my opinion. the cars behave a bit weird but there is a strong Aussie community now
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

So the party is good, the sim is lacking? :D
Yeah, I found that they could not get the tyre physics right. I've left iR in disgust; for this sort of money I expected a stellar job on everything - and far-far quicker, too.
pab

Post by pab »

I enjoy it, but then I seem to be less descriminating than the rest of you lot?
PB
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

The Tyre model makes all the cars too taily in my opinion. Haven't raced in a few months or so. Liked racing the McLaren, but most the Aussies race the Falcon.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Santaria wrote:Liked racing the McLaren, but most the Aussies race the Falcon.
Thusday night Grand Am series is what you are after then. It's grown from a small following to two full servers.
Leweegibo

Post by Leweegibo »

Yeah was loving the grand am series until work got in the way
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I just bought NetKar, $5.xx AUS - on sale atm.

So will also get to try the Assetto Corsa Tech Demo. :D
Steve
---
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SE1Z wrote:I just bought NetKar, $5.xx AUS - on sale atm.

So will also get to try the Assetto Corsa Tech Demo. :D
I've done the same. :yes:

Also as I'm a complete n00b what is the go with STEAM...
What is it? Is it intrusive? Can you download content from one PC with the steam account / app but load to another PC without STEAM installed? Help!!!
Reason I ask is I am interested in the SIMBIN Mega Bundle they have in their current summer sale: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18370/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've never had a SIMBIN race sim & want them in my Virtual Garage. :nod:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

1, Digital Game store at your finger tips.
2, Depends on how you define intrusive, Steam is a type of DRM you might say, load it up and it just sits there till you need it.
3, Unsure about un-installed, but you can put the steam folders on a USB and take it where even you go and run it in offline mode.

There are good stuff in that bundle.. got it one of the last times it was on sale.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks Wobbly, Sorry but I have a few more ?'s

1, So can you install steam onto a USB or does the 1st install have to be on a PC?
2, Does it run in the background or can do you open the app as needed?
3, If I do buy the SIMBIN Pack do I need STEAM installed to be able to install each sim or does the download contain the .exe files for each game?
4, Does STEAM need to be run before running a sim/game for DRM/Verification reasons?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."