minecraft meets dayz

This is some testers playing apparently

[youtube] [/youtube]
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Re: Rust

Post by DarrenM »

Looks pretty cool. There's a bit of stalker in the mix as well.

[youtube] [/youtube]

[youtube] [/youtube]
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Going to be no shortage of zombie style games soon, it seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

SHoNKY wrote:Going to be no shortage of zombie style games soon, it seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.
it's already rampant :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I guess it is, but none of the ones I've seen so far of any decent quality unfortunately.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Number of Arcadey zombie games yes, still limited simulations though.

It does look good, for an early on game.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

wobblysauce wrote:Number of Arcadey zombie games yes, still limited simulations though.

It does look good, for an early on game.
What zombie game isnt arcadey? The reason the simulation is limited is the zombie part Im guessing.
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

thought I would do a search to see if there was a rust thread already. :D

I just bought it and am downloading and setting up now. Will give it a crack this arvo.

anyone into it? love it, hate it?
--------------
Stu
petey

Post by petey »

Spent a day or two on it recently. Was interesting.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

The devs are planning to remove the Zombies in future patch.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

One of my mates is fully into this game. Loves it more than DayZ. Certainly looks interesting - but you need to find a team of people to work with or you're just fodder
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Gotta say Im enjoying this much more than DayZ

Had a couple of encounters with other players. 1 didnt end well. I think i was in his house and he came home. Others have been friendly stand-offs. Been mauled by bears and wolves and had a zombie get me while I was helping myself to a pig I just killed.

:up:
--------------
Stu
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'm certainly interested in this but not too sure about it, it sounds a bit like Dayz, and 7 Days to Die (which I bought), both need some friends to get any benefit out of it, being on your own just doesn't really work, guess I need more mates to play these style of games. :melt:
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

bit of an update on how this is going for me

Really enjoying it. I am currently further into the game than I have been at any other point.

To get here I have been mauled, gunned down for walking too close to somebodys house and died of starvation. To kick off the game, you need to get a hatchet asap so you can take on the wildlife and get shelter. To get a hatchet, you need wood and stone and to get those, sometimes they are right there in front of you, sometimes you need to go looking (and thats where bears, wolves and zombies come in). Im sure you get the point if you have played minecraft.

Where I am at currently is I have upgraded my shelter to a house. Metal door so that someone will need C4 to steal my shit. I have a furnace and workshop table that enables me to smelt the ore that I find. This has allowed me to craft a pistol and ammo. Whilst still scary, I can now take down a bear without too much running away. This means I am now comfortable but if I am set upon, I can still get killed quite easily.

Last night this guy is jumping up and down outside my house as I view him from my upstairs windows. He yells out help. Im aware he has only trousers on (no armour indicates new character) so I ask him what he needs. I have plenty of food inside but Im wary of strangers. He asks if I can take down a bear for him (this will give him food, cloth, animal fat and leather). Fuck that I think. Even Im scared of bears. So I warily head outside my house, hatchet at the ready (this was pre pistol) and head towards a wolf that was nearby. He follows and shows no sign of raising a weapon so I head for the wolf, take it down and move away to let him "harvest" from it. I head back home, he says thanks and I say good luck. Then he runs off in to the distance with some food. That could have gone down very differently. Could have been a trap but I was prepared to play the game in a manner that instils some faith in my fellow man.

So that said, Im only playing solo. Kinda feels like Fallout 3 meets minecraft. Playing solo and surviving is satisfying. And going in to the game knowing that the server could be wiped any day helps too. Wouldnt want to get too attached to your stuff. Though like minecraft, once you are set up, you are almost invincible so Im fine with death or a reset. This differs from MC in that full PvP means anything could happen and having friends would give you some sense of safety in numbers.
--------------
Stu
petey

Post by petey »

Friend and I were playing this a little. However if left for a few days offline evidentally your house disappears at an alarming rate.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Thanks for the story, Bauer!

It sounds good, but it's not a game for those who can't log in very regularly to play I guess - based on the description :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

ysu wrote:Thanks for the story, Bauer!

It sounds good, but it's not a game for those who can't log in very regularly to play I guess - based on the description :)
I guess so. I am likely to log in and find my house destroyed and all my stuff gone.

That would be the price I pay for a) playing solo and b) not trying to hide my house. I am next to a road ffs so probably deserve to have it ransacked.

But I am on an Aussie server that seems to be lightly populated, Would certainly make a difference to work with others building up resources together without needing to be online at the same time.
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hm...ok might give it a try at some point :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've bought it and gave it a try, and while it feels rather alpha in some regards (I can see water around, but no thirst as yet, pigs dropping chicken meat...) it's very stable and playable. Surprisingly so.

Had a good bast yesterday, in fact I completely forgot about the time, and realised I'm bloody sleepy at 1am. This hasn't happened in a while :)

I've been on a server (the official test server) that had about 40 players, and it wasn't just busy, everyone was an absolute asshole about it. The map seemed teeming with people, and I run into huts and houses every 20m or so. I got shot, hammered, whatnot, on sight, sometimes ppl demanding I speak, sometimes simply shooting me on sight (I must have been a scary sight naked with a stone in my hand) I've even had a stone-to-stone battle with some kid.
All the while I was looking for stone to mine - there were absolutely none about. It didn't feel good.

Then I went onto some other server, with 5ppl only, and it felt good. I was able to learn and explore. Built a small hut, died thanks to zombies and bears, then managed to craft things; finally made a pipe shotty, then a revolver. The zombies weren't so tough anymore :) Got a few blueprints, upgraded my revolver to be silenced, got a small house, and met a few people who were all friendly and helpful or even funny. Got some cloth armor, and then got a leather trousers gifted to me. It was very nice to learn the game this way!

I reckon the map is a tad small - or the spawns are too much in one place - in any case, if here's 50ppl on a server, expect to run into someone every minute or two. And they'll shoot on sight.

I was actually contemplating pve (no pvp) servers, but this second server was good after all.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

good game yesternight, Rots! :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

The 500-storey tower

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

wow. Thats a long way up :)

I had myself all set up with weapons n ammo and then the server was removed. Dont know why, just gone.

Joined other servers, still having fun getting killed though :)
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

you should join us. Rots, Loki & myself are often up and having fun at evenings/nights :) It's a fairly low-populated and friendly pvp server - not as friendly that you don't get raided, mind you, but not everyone is completely trigger happy .
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

small minds seldom differ. I just added you on my Steam list. I figured I would be able to see what server you were on :)
--------------
Stu
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'm not sure if you can, you certainly cannot join off another (yet?). But we can msg each other - we're on TS often, too. (ts.xgn.com.au)

And here's two videos full of good tips - I reckon this will help most people somewhat :)

[youtube] [/youtube]
[youtube] [/youtube]