Motogp 2013

General game chat
Dr. Pain

Motogp 2013

Post by Dr. Pain »

So Motogp 2013. You get to ride all three classes and a variety of bikes at all the current tracks. Cost $40 on steam so I thought why not?

So it's a typical multi platform simcade style racer. Better than arcade but not s full sim. So right off the bat I found controller issues. My G25 wont work and the game crashes when I look for it in the controller menu. So I dusted off my old Microsoft sidewinder joystick. Found another problem. The front trigger is reserved for pause and I wanted to use it as the throttle, can't. So I mapped throttle and front brake to buttons on the side. My idea of playing one handed gone. I've got the rear brake mapped to a top button the the joystick. The buttons are digital so only analogue steering and rider movement for me. But I found this control setting works well. I tried my Saitek HOTAS controls too but found the setting wouldn't save and it was all arse about in controls. The main engine throttle turned the bike left and the joystick would turn it right, so that's unusable.

The graphics look nice but nothing going to set the world on fire. The sounds are ok. I ride moto3 and they drone like the real thing. You get the full FIM race intro clips, track maps and even Gavin Emmett doing intros. On a full race weekend you get a practice, quali, warm up and race. It's got weather and various options to scale the difficulty in physics, race length ect...

My first ride on easy mode was fun. I found out that after a long time of sim car racing that bikes need a long time to stop and how you brake is very important. You got to be patient when going through turns and putting down the power. Also how you shift weigh plays a part. Even in easy mode with all the help on your inputs override the help. So front brake and lean forward and you'll do a stoppie or go arse over tit. Too much rear brake, high side and arse over tit. Gas it up on green carpet, arse over tit, too much throttle and..... You go arse over tit a lot! lol But it's not hard to get the hang of it. You can pull some go mono's too. Get the front and rear braking right with rider lean and you get some nice rear end steering under brakes for a turn.

This is a really good fast and easy race game to play. No need for practice or knowing set ups, just jump in and go. I was on a Kalex Honda in moto3 and the KTM's thunder past on the straights. Some tracks flow so nice and I'm surprised how little braking you do at times. I'm doing a career on easy mode and you start with 4 wildcard rides and now I'm on a Ajo KTM for a season.

It's fun game that's making me smile. Not too simple, not too hard, just jump in and have a blast. I haven't tried multi player so can't speak about it. Besides it's controller issues I haven't found too much wrong with it. I've been looking for something other than iracing where I feel time tabled and if I don't practice and work on set ups I go crap. I also wanted something where I didn't have to chase downloads or tracks and mods. Just a game that is what it is and fun. I've found it. :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Re: Motogp 2013

Post by Dr. Pain »

I got an Xbox 360 controller for this and it's good. It's got much better braking and throttle over my old joystick but the joystick offers better control so I get better and smoother lines. Best control set up would be my old way of playing GPL. Joystick with CH Pro pedals but I don't think that's going to happen. Still it's a good game. :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.