Cool and very scary.

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Cool and very scary.

Post by norbs »

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/07 ... ew-how-to/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The research is still in its infancy, but its implications are unsettling. Trick a driver into loading the wrong CD or connecting the Bluetooth to the wrong handset, and it's theoretically possible to install malicious code on one of the ECUs. Since the ECUs communicate with one another using little or no authentication, there's no telling how far the hack could extend.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Quincy

Re: Cool and very scary.

Post by Quincy »

:lol: No important ECU's in my Kombi or Crown Wagon. . .
balls & boobs. . .
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Brilliant first comment to the article.

"This is exactly why Cmdr. Adama didn't allow the computer systems of the Galactica to be networked."

Got my first LOL of the day :)
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
petey

Post by petey »

Fair call I spose, electronic throttle and ESC (which applies brakes) in my car which means if somehow you gained control of them you could cause some damage. Too much effort to hack and then remotely control them though I reckon. Be good for making a death seem like an accident however.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.