Photography ideas?

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Photography ideas?

Post by DexterPunk »

I get this feeling quite often, but it's worse right now since I have a new camera. I really want to go and shoot something but I can't think of anything. I feel like I've shot everything around Melbourne and my area so much, and would love to find something different. This is why I end up heading overseas.

I know we all don't live in the same city, but perhaps some good ideas of things to shoot around your area may inspire or trigger some thoughts of somewhere others could shoot. I may just take a drive along the bay to see what I can sea.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Photography ideas?

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:I get this feeling quite often, but it's worse right now since I have a new camera. I really want to go and shoot something but I can't think of anything. I feel like I've shot everything around Melbourne and my area so much, and would love to find something different. This is why I end up heading overseas.

I know we all don't live in the same city, but perhaps some good ideas of things to shoot around your area may inspire or trigger some thoughts of somewhere others could shoot. I may just take a drive along the bay to see what I can sea.

I sea what you did there. :)

I get the same way every now and then. I just bought a $3 piece of welding glass and a $0.99 UV filter. Glued the glass to the filter and am going to do some long exposure shizzle soon. Just have to sort out the WB in camera before I go nutso. :)

Macros Dex? City stuff. Astronomy.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
richo

Post by richo »

Women or cars or women on cars or cars with women in them ..

The waterfront is hard to beat.
[]D [] []v[] []D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Be interested to see how that turns out norbs. I pulled out my 10 stop ND filter earlier today and noticed it had scratches on. Only light ones, but still freaking annoying.

I ended up heading to a local park that has a small wetlands area and walked around for a few hours. If I got anything decent i'll post in the cool pics thread, but I actually doubt there will be anything very cool. I walked around yesterday with the macro lens, but could only find flies. :aussie:
Speed

Post by Speed »

The only thing that I like to shoot is people so I can't really suggest anything other.

I also only like to shoot concepts or images that I think tell a story so if I can't think of anything myself I try to find a cool shot to emulate. Have fun with your new toy.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

How about trying to shoot the ISS
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums ... hlight=ISS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Big Kev wrote:How about trying to shoot the ISS
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums ... hlight=ISS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is actually quite easy to do. Just grab one of those smart phone apps that tells you where it is and bingo!

Well, Dex has got the long lens and everything. :)
mole2k

Post by mole2k »

I seriously struggle for motivation of places to go even though there is loads here to see and lots even within relatively close distance I find it very hard to motivate myself and use the mediocre weather as an excuse until good weather comes then I don't go out either!
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

I find that becoming accustomed to a place is the worst thing ... I now just walk around Madrid and barely give things a second glance because I live here, things that seemed slightly different and interesting when I first visited are now very everyday, and I had the same when I went back home recently and to Edinburgh - places other photographers might find new and extremely stimulating, I'd been there before and (partly due to working in Edinburgh and Madrid) was just walking through them and going about my business. I should really go out with the camera more and just photograph stuff around ... I also have a gorgeous girlfriend who I should really take more pictures of.

About to get a flash (got an evening/night wedding coming up and whilst I normally manage without at weddings, this one would probably be an entire day of trying to manage without, and it's for money so it's best to do it properly and cover the costs with what I'll be earning, and then I have a flash) which will hopefully be good for portrait experimentation, and maybe a bit of general messing around ...
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

You might have been spoilt by the Galapagos trip but I was obsessed with the wildlife you guys have when I was over there. I spent countless hours just sitting and watching it going about its day. Spiders, lizards, ants, beetles, marsupials... and there's the sea life of course - dolphins, manta rays, stingrays, sharks, whales, and some stunning birds too. I loved all that. I regularly went out looking for snakes with my video camera but failed every time.

I guess the really exciting stuff is up north but surely there's loads of potential and big challenges out there.

So your challenge this weekend is to get a good shot of a platypus. Get on it. ;)
norbs

Post by norbs »

durbster wrote:You might have been spoilt by the Galapagos trip but I was obsessed with the wildlife you guys have when I was over there. I spent countless hours just sitting and watching it going about its day. Spiders, lizards, ants, beetles, marsupials... and there's the sea life of course - dolphins, manta rays, stingrays, sharks, whales, and some stunning birds too. I loved all that. I regularly went out looking for snakes with my video camera but failed every time.

I guess the really exciting stuff is up north but surely there's loads of potential and big challenges out there.

So your challenge this weekend is to get a good shot of a platypus. Get on it. ;)

LOL. And you get a shot of a unicorn Durbs! :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Shit. I spent a large amount of my life growing up in country Victoria. I've seen a Platypus in the wild maybe 10 times if I'm lucky. And that would have been the same Platypus visiting the same bit of river. You sure as hell would struggle to get a decent photo of it though!

Definitely spoiled by the Galapagos.

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is a cool idea :)

http://www.weallbleedthesamecolor.com/f ... ok-closer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

norbs wrote:
durbster wrote:So your challenge this weekend is to get a good shot of a platypus. Get on it. ;)
LOL. And you get a shot of a unicorn Durbs! :D
I shot some video of platypus in Australia so in your face!

The belatedness of this response may mean it has lost some of its impact.

So did you get that photo Dex? :p
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

You've probably also seen more of my country than I have! :)

No platypi :(