Road car youtube clips

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: Road car youtube clips

Post by durbster »

I'm sure it's a ridiculously capable and fantastically engineered thing but I have to wonder how many mid-engined supercars does the world need? It feels like there's been a new one announced or launched every month for about 10 years.

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm finding myself more drawn to videos about new family Hyundais than yet another supercar: :eyepop:

Maybe it's my age. :(
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

How bout a road bike at the Nordschleife? The best bit is the $28,500 Fireblade smoking the 100K Porsches :vibes:

Minister for Religious Genocide.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Dr. Pain wrote:How bout a road bike at the Nordschleife? The best bit is the $28,500 Fireblade smoking the 100K Porsches :vibes:

Half that price at best. When I had my z1000sx, I used to race am older (2010?) silver lambo murceilago every now and then on the way home from work. My bike cost me $10k. So much fun.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I've got a bit hooked on these recently. There's a place called Rufford Abbey which has a big lake, fed by a river that crosses the road. Most of the time you can drive through it but it gets pretty deep after a bit of rain.

I guess because most UK drivers don't come across fords very often, a surprising amount ignore the depth gauge and drive straight in, hoping for the best. Then inevitably conk out. I wouldn't be surprised if some are write-offs.

And some of them just send it.

Enjoy the schadenfreude!

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I've watched a lot of those too. It's amazing how many hit it at speed. That's a new bumper right there. They often end the clips with a picture of all the numberplates and body parts left behind.

There's also a clip in one of them where someone coming from the right of that thumbnail, drove up the right side of the V.... which is the river :D

Apparently there are signs up the road saying the river is high and it's access only so by the time they get there they've had fair warning. That's why people are often on the path filming it because they know there will be a few idiots going for it because the diversion is twice as long.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

If you're in the Abbey grounds there's a cafe just next to the road there and a viewing area to watch the chaos. There are usually plenty of witnesses if you do something dumb. :D
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

that video is great, wtf is wrong with most the people in that video..
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

My Flickr Stream
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I friggin love everything about this, the homage to the original CC8 Prototype & Production CC8S, the Manual Shift, the Eco-Friendly aspects... :lol:

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

durbster wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:41 am I've got a bit hooked on these recently. There's a place called Rufford Abbey which has a big lake, fed by a river that crosses the road. Most of the time you can drive through it but it gets pretty deep after a bit of rain.

I guess because most UK drivers don't come across fords very often, a surprising amount ignore the depth gauge and drive straight in, hoping for the best. Then inevitably conk out. I wouldn't be surprised if some are write-offs.

And some of them just send it.

Enjoy the schadenfreude!

Turns out Kev and I weren't the only ones watching.

These videos got out of hand. Because of the YouTube videos, people started going to the ford to participate in or watch the chaos, or film it themselves for some of that YouTube $$.

The last few videos feature some properly dangerous stuff, with people hurtling their hatchbacks into the water at high speed while large groups of kids stand along the road, watching on.

Because people always ruin good things and somebody was almost certainly going to be hurt, the Police have now shut the road. :rolleyes:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I did read that they were going to install speed bumps either side of it to slow people down.

There was also a video recently of someone who absolutely belted through, aquaplaned and almost lost it on the far side of the ford. If someone had been coming round the corner there would have been a mighty accident.

When the water is that deep the road is actually closed. It's people who have driven around the road closed signs to go through anyway to save a 10 min detour. There are a couple of vids with police in them where they're nicking people for avoiding the signs. They also nicked people who went through fast in order to splash bystanders (cos that's an offence).
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

The Beast is up for sale. Anyone fancy a car with a 27 litre Merlin engine? :D

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »