Wobbly's bike stuffs.

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Wobbly's bike stuffs.

Post by wobblysauce »

Went with my house mate to DECA for there motorcycle permit.

Went inside and did the paper work before it got to 42ºc.

Ended up taking the tests and having some fun along the way. Now got a piece of paper that says I can ride a bike.

Having not ridden for like 15+ years on the farm, quite a bit different on the road setup, the Slow speed(18m more then 10+sec) was a mind fuck at the start.. rev it.. hold some clutch and use the rear brake.. and you are going walking speed with no wobbles if you don't look down. That and the odd stall.

Tested on a KLR650 at DECA.

Got a CBF250 at home just need my own helmet now.
Last edited by wobblysauce on Tue May 20, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
pogo

Re: Another Organ Donor on the streets.

Post by pogo »

Nice job wobs :yes:

Avoid 2nd hand helmets. You should be able to get a brand one for ~$100. Try Aldi, they sell gear there occasionally.

If your budget is a little better tho, make sure you try to leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes if possible. Nothing worse than a poor-fitting lid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

TY, Pogo, Ya, not going for a 2nd hand as you can not see any damage that may be on the inside, from say a drop on the ground.

Should of taken note of the one I used at DECA, Could of been an Arai? I remember it was labelled as a Large, like a glove, real good fit slight cheek biting that would go if it moulded to my head over time as they were brand new like only 1 week old, the 2 finger(index and pointer) gap to the chin guard and not touching the nose.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
pogo

Post by pogo »

Yeah sounds good. I probably wouldn't spend too much on your first helmet. Most people seem to drop them a few times.

I had a KBC first which was about $300. Not a bad lid, but after a few servo drops and a couple of years use it was pretty rooted.

Got a nice Shoei now, $700, but I find I'm looking after it much better.

Try on a few different brands and styles, you'll soon work out what feels right.

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Will do, what about Oggy Knobs and the like?

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

pogo

Post by pogo »

I've got some on my bike. It saved everything but a ding to the tank and a scuffed pipe when I went down on a cold roundabout at ~50kph. Frame, radiator, swingarm all fine.

High-speed crashes could be a different story though; supposedly they can dig in and flip the bike. My personal opinion is that if you're gonna crash at speed, your bike's gonna be pretty munted anyhow.

Tldr, get 'em. Ebay cheapies are fine. Also known as frame sliders if ya gonna search.

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Low speeds good, high speed are you alive good.

Seen them save a bike a few times while training, also taking some of the weight off your legs if you take a tumble, forget your peg or miss your footing..

Trainer was using them to stretch his legs while on long rides.

Costs a little but could save you quite a bit more with the mechanicals or resale, more again if you have bike fairings, some can be quite costly to repair/replace.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

matticooper

Post by matticooper »

I use a Shark helmet for karting... fits nice.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Well done on getting the permit Wobbly :yes: . I know for sure that Shoei have custom padding for their helmets so I'm fairly sure the others will too , if you find a helmet you like and it doesn't fit you properly just ask for the rep to come in and fit it for you .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Small update, it was the Arai that didn't fit myself properly and the LS2 that did, went back there to see the helmets at DECA and went to a few different places to try different styles on and I got a L LS2 396, $200 from syd.

Pinlock works great not a hint of fog/misting on the visor.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i think i saw you and your house mate out on the road today :D

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

lol!!
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Might as well put it here.. the start of a collection of gear.

Got some Resurgence Motorcycle Cargo Pants with PEKEV and removable armours.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Resurgence-G ... 7dc602e8a1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice pair of pants that you could wear at work and ride home, takamii from Netriders other thing he was working on for the Rhok branding.

Hard to find big footed boots so went with the Motodry Tour Max Road Boot, full calf size- tried standard boots hight but it just didn't feel right with me.

As for bike stuff..

Of the 3 months we have had the bike we have the Odo reading 4600kms.. so I am looking to get my own.

Tried a few different bike styles and am looking at a Ninja more to the point a ZXR 250 1994

$2500 Has about 30k on the clock and still runs like new, maintained well, think it is a '94- Aus compliance in '08 plate, I like the older styling it has over the newer type.
Known engine- quite a lot get 100k+ life, parts are every where except the front forks twin disk stuff as it is a Rarer model. Stops on a dime.

Or

$3500 There is a '11 EX-250-J which has about 500km's on the clock and was stand dropped and it scared them to not ride it any more. That I am looking into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_250R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To the wiki's wrote:EX250-G - Sold only in its home market of Japan, this version was known as the GPX-250R-II. It had dual front brakes and a wider wheel and tire (110/80-16). All other parts were identical to the -F model. It was sold after 1988.
Last edited by wobblysauce on Thu May 22, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Wobbly's bike stuffs.

Post by DexterPunk »

For some reason I saw this thread flash up quickly and thought it said 'wobbly's how stuff works'. And it occurred to me that would be an amazing thread. :D

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

There we go, might as well make a post with it in.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

pogo

Post by pogo »

Looks good wobs :yes:

Gonna do anything to it? Lose the stock pipe so those pesky cagers hear ya coming?

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

It did have a yoshy slip-on, but was way to loud for Me and RWC + Cop magnet, ZXR was very balanced from factory. As the extra flow messes with the setup of the bike, jetting and other stuff.
So got the stock BEET on it, runs much better, still that IL4 20k rpm/ F1 screamer sound.

It is no Tumble weed thats for sure.

4-6k putting in town, 8-10k starting to be in the pull range, 14-16k+ Pull is making that feeling you should of shifted 10k rpm ago as it keeps climbing..

Might get some earmold's made up for some longer rides, as my head rattles.

Did you hear that Kawa might be bringing back the IL4 screamers? mainly for the Indonesian market as per tax reasons of higher CC's.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

pogo

Post by pogo »

Nah, news to me. Sounds like you got a goodie learner dood. Got any thoughts on your fulls?

OT: I'm getting pretty itchy for my next bike, dreaming of a Duke Streetfighter, or a Superduke 1290... but the current gen Striple is looking pretty good (and somewhat more affordable).

Gah, haven't ridden in five weeks :shakes: My poor SV has probably rusted solid. These euros know how to lane split tho, and they don't go the biffo when you do.

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Well just like cars, as there is a speed limit in place, you cant go faster then that.

Have not ridden anything that makes me want to go ... I WANT THAT, though closest would probably be a Street Triple, and now there is a LAMS version, but not phased about the looks.. but when you are riding you are not looking at it are you.

The SV's are nice also, Motards are well Motards.. always getting the front off the ground, though most do make a nice pippity pop pop BANG.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Just going to leave this here.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Maybe stay off 2 wheels WOBBLY
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Woodsy.. What are you saying,

It is 11kms off 37000kms, 7000 are from me :p 20 years on and still pulling strong.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

It seems like every time you go near a bike you end up breaking bones.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Oh and Verdict was : breaks in Radius and Scaphoid bone.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ