What do you guys drive? And what have you done to it.

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Shaun

Re: What do you guys drive? And what have you done to it.

Post by Shaun »

I am using my cousins VX SS atm because we are driving it to melbourne and he doesnt have time to get new tyres before we go so i thought id be nice and swap cars for a bit so i can do it while i'm on holidays. It has a maffless tune OTR and catback and it feels like a racecar after driving my 4wd lol
Hello :aussie:
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Haha. My old car had otr,tune and full exhaust. Still more than enough power to see you lose ya licence quite easily. In some ways it was better than the cammed car as you get alot more punch down low. But cant beat that idle :D
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

yeah i was taking it to get new tyres today and i kinda finished off the old set with alot of smoke lol :D
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Sounds alot easier to get away with a bit of fun down that way. If they hear ya go over 3000rpm theyll ping ya up here haha.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think you need the sort of car as well, to get pinged...or am I wrong?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Well anybody driving a japanese import up here is quite familiar with the boys in blue. Commodores and falcons not so much. Still not worth the risk though so i generally behave other than the odd squirt down the freeway on ramp.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Here its imports and commodores, never got pulled over in my f6, SS only a few times though. I just know good spots timmy :p was near my mates shop so its ok :)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I have never been pulled over or breath tested in 15 years of driving. Still can't quite believe that run...

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

DexterPunk wrote:I have never been pulled over or breath tested in 15 years of driving. Still can't quite believe that run...

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
I got pulled over 12 times in 1 week... 12 fucking times. The 13th time (yes 13!!) I dropped it to second gear, swerved at the cop in the road pointing at my car and floored it. Never got pulled over for that extremely stupid act and nothing came of it. My brain just snapped, I was so sick of being pulled over for breath testing when I clearly didn't drink and drive.

That was dumb of me, I'll never say it wasn't. I also learnt to never buy a car off THAT mate, because it became quite clear to me that his vehicles were well known to the local cops. Regardless, I never was booked or fined in that vehicle.

I also once got pulled over because the same car was green. Legit. The car was originally yellow, unregistered for an engine rebuild and body work during which time it was resprayed green. It had to get a blue slip to be reregistered again, so it was clearly documented that the car was now green and no longer fucking yellow.

Random breath test is not at all random in my books. The fact that during that one week where they would stand in the middle of two lanes to point at my car to pull over (I was in the right lane with cars on my left ffs) in not so safe conditions suggested to me otherwise.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Just got RBT'd a hundred metres down the road from my house this arvo. I can't even remember the last time I was checked.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Last time i got RBT'd was an hour after 4 schooners of full strength. I blew 0 :faint:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Still nothing on the 'Randomly' pulled over 19times in one day, from Island to Geelong.

Last night got to blow in the tube 5 times, after that last one I got waved by.. Delivering Pizzas.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

19 times in one day?! WTF!?
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Were you doing laps of the block around the RBT Wobbs?
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

They are certainly not random. I got pulled over all the time in my old 121, once involving the officer to do a rather impressive hand brake turn and another one at 3am who was trying so hard to defect the car or fine me that they threw the licence back at my face when they found nothing. I also got pulled over on a trip that was about 200 metres from my house.

New car, never been pulled over, always waved through and ignored. I thought my number plate would raise suspicion but that's not the case.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Crow, The first stop was like that, I think he put a call through, as I said I was going to Geelong. After that have not been stopped since.

As for the Breatho, well if you know the island, there is only one way on and off the island, if you don't count swimming. Guess where they like to set up?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

did any of them end up like this Wobbles?

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Because everyone drives around with open containers..

You know a few years ago when I had the long beard and longer hair.. that was the time.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Strut brace added to the boat, compliments the pedders coilovers nicely! Turn in and response has improved a bit

The Todd Norbury appreciation society