McLaren 650S

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

McLaren 650S

Post by Exar Kun »

Here's leaked images of the car that's meant to plug the (considerable) gap between the 12C and P1. For all its supercar-ness it's a bit... vanilla. Kind of feels like the way the short lived Virage slotted into AM's line up. I'm sure it'll be brilliant but at this stage there's nothing for me to really desire it over a 12C. Ferrari at least has some very distinct models.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: McLaren 650S

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah I'm not sure I get the point of this. It's like the love child of the P1 and 12C.
Why not just sell it as a facelift for the 12C?
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Front looks like a P1, back like a 12C... Bit disappointing, looks like they're just re-using left over parts.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

plastik8 wrote:Front looks like a P1, back like a 12C... Bit disappointing, looks like they're just re-using left over parts.
Just what I thought!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

OK, so reading more about it from people who know stuff... It appears that this car might actually be a facelifted 12C. ie - a replacement. The 'S' version being the equivalent of a 458 Speciale with the regular 650 to come along later in the year and replace the 12C. That would make a bit more sense. Although I reckon the 12C looks better...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I reckon they should have left that front to the P1 and just given the 12C a lift in another direction. Strange idea.