I've upgraded!

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Santaria

I've upgraded!

Post by Santaria »

Wife was talking to the VW dealer on Thursday (now that they've changed hands) and conversation started about wanting to upgrade to what we have both wanted since buying the Tiguan, the Touareg. Some discussion was had, a fucking awesome deal was struck and behold, a new Touareg!

What an almighty step up. It's the 150TDI with a few packages. Seriously only need to steer it in town, it does everything else. We did 10 hours in it today from buying to Brisbane for Soundwave and it was honestly the best trip I've ever had. It was effortless. The Adaptive Cruise is a bit hairy with so many roadworks on the highway with stopped cars etc but it's great past that. In town, just steer it. I thought I would not enjoy it to be honest, but it really is surprising how much energy I saved from not worrying about flick cruise on and off and watching the car in front as heavily as you would normally. I am absolutely sold on it.

I'm not keen on the colour, would've preferred something Blue or Burgundy but the minister of war and finances loves the colour and wanted something different. The colour is good, but it has to grow on me a little bit yet.

It sipped 7.2l/100. Cheaper than the Tiguan on fuel so far. It's got some pretty decent grunt, only a smudge slower than the Tiguan to 100 but without all the noise and revving. With 400nm of torque, it's got some pull.

The pic was a quick one from mobile at a rest stop. Maybe fancy ones later after a wash, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Shonky

Re: I've upgraded!

Post by Shonky »

Nice one San.

Sent from my Nexus 5
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Nice Autos indeed.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Noice work!