rFactor IS OUT NOW!

ISI's new sim rFactor
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

steve_w05 wrote:
w00dsy wrote:Ooh, Symmons, that's be fun in these cars.
It is :yes: :D
Oh yeah baby! :D :yes:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Dr. Pain wrote:I think the big problem with Rfactor is people are expecting a complete product for their $55 but you don't get that. You're getting a taste of what can be done. It is a little light on in it's current form but the potential is big for this. I'm just hoping that the mods are going to be quality mods and not slapped together converts of F1C stuff. But I like it and it's taken me a while to get use to FIS and their sensation of speed, although they feel fast they're not going that quick.
yeah none of the cars do. if you watch a replay from farther with the wingman camera zoomed out you can see it :-)
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

some of the mod teams are realising that they just can't port their previous stuff over. it needs a little work to bring them over, but gets their eventually.

the f3 mod was the work mainly of one person. A team of talented modders will be able to make high quality mods. they've done it in the past. no reason to doubt them now.

cheers

steve
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

right thats what I was looking for.

click here
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

How does one increase the "swap disc size". Apparently it wants it at 300meg :/

edit:
bah fuck. Stupid Geforce 2 video card :(

Thats one game I wont be playing. Funny thing is I could run the demo the put out some time ago.

Ah well
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

fourthof5 wrote:How does one increase the "swap disc size". Apparently it wants it at 300meg :/

edit:
bah fuck. Stupid Geforce 2 video card :(

Thats one game I wont be playing. Funny thing is I could run the demo the put out some time ago.

Ah well
have you tried to lower it to use dx8 or even dx7?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

In the config.exe Nige, swap it to dx7 as ysu said.
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

minimum vid card required is g-force 3.

cheers

steve
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I've done a few more laps tonight, mainly in the OW trainer and it's really growing on me, that car reminds me of the 65 GPL cars, slightly under powered, but gets the tail out nicely.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

config.exe ?? The game or Windows
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I just used the money cheat and upgraded the Howston, by god that's a great machine now.
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

fourthof5 wrote:config.exe ?? The game or Windows
The game. It's actually called "rF Config.exe" and will allow you to set the shader level.
Barge

Post by Barge »

What server do you blokes race on? Never seen any of you online. Mind you , I've only spent a few hours racing this.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I have only been playing offline so far.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

ysu wrote:Edit: yeah, actually the 48hrs money back is a valid claim to be 'demo'.
I've seen people saying this on the rFactor forum @RSC but personally I think it's a load of bull. A money back guarantee is no substitute for a real demo. Honestly I'm beginning to think there will be no demo because they know the original content isn't up to scratch.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I can't see any difference from the demo to the full thing. Maybe that's why they didn't bother with a new one.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I normally keep out of these virtual pissing contests cos its all about which game you have fun with and opinions are varied but personal.

However, Im on an ATR server right now in an F3 car and I am havin a fuckin ball.

there are definite issues with the game and its not as polished as it could be but gee im having fun right now :) and the F3 mod is brilliant (personal opinion, not a sales pitch)

:tilt:
--------------
Stu
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I am willing to give rFactor a chance and am definately interested to try the F3 mod to see what the game really has to offer. I just personally feel not releasing a demo is inexcuseable. I never played the MP demo because it was supposedly just a test for the mp code and is not representative of the full game, if you believe the fans of the game.
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

I've tried to keep out of "the pissing contest" as Stu put. but, need to say this. ISI is very small team. Making a demo isn't a simple process like just putting a car or two into the game and 1 track. You have to nearly re-write the game, so that the demo can't be used as a hack on the full game. that would've taken too much resources away from getting the first release finished. ISI made the decision not to go with another demo I suspect (I haven't asked them) as they probably thought the initial demo gave enough of an indication of what the full product was going to be.

just my views anyway, not the official line from ISI

cheers

steve
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Sarsippius wrote:
ysu wrote:Edit: yeah, actually the 48hrs money back is a valid claim to be 'demo'.
I've seen people saying this on the rFactor forum @RSC but personally I think it's a load of bull. A money back guarantee is no substitute for a real demo. Honestly I'm beginning to think there will be no demo because they know the original content isn't up to scratch.
Well, at least partly I agree with you. it's not a demo this much is right. I'm wrong claiming it is.
It has a great disadvantage: the strict time limit. You can't test it too long.
But it has the distinct advanage: you can try the full product, not just a demo and decide if you want it based on the full product with full functionality.
If you ask me this is better. But we are different you may think otherwise.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

oh by the way Steve, you missed a cracker of a race.

Well it was for me :drivingbanana: :flag:
--------------
Stu
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

that'd be bloody right!! blame Mazz. got to blame someone for pulling me away from the race. :)
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

by the way Stu. Don't spend too much time racing, or you know what Mazz will say :lol: :D
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

tell her that I am learning the game so when it comes to beta testing Symmons I am well prepared :rolleyes:

All my track time is for your benefit :tilt:

:yes:
--------------
Stu
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

ysu wrote:It has a great disadvantage: the strict time limit. You can't test it too long.
But it has the distinct advanage: you can try the full product, not just a demo and decide if you want it based on the full product with full functionality.
Call me cheap but the major disadvantage to my mind is having to fork over money trusting some third party to refund it if you so desire. I can't see many people new to sim racing or rFactor being willing to do this.