AACL Test Race - Saturday 17th

Racing league forum for all different games.
pixelboy

Re: AACL Test Race - Saturday 17th

Post by pixelboy »

server hardly raised a sweat.. and had about 5 blokes on AACl - 2 at the same time..

I think I could run 4 or 5 servers..
eek
petey

Post by petey »

That was fantastic fun.

Learnt the hard way not to be on the wrong side of the rumble strip on corner entry, spat me straight out into the sand. But still had heaps of fun chasing norbs and neil, very tricky to find places to pass particularly when the tyres are fine one corner then understeery the next.

EDIT: Apart from being randomly disconnected shortly into practice, then having it not contact the server for the next 5-10 minutes. Server was fine. Issue could have been AC (likely) or network on my side (less likely).
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

VERY intense, loved every second of it!!!

Did not expect to be so far up the list early with a burning start, nope I gave the faster guys that spun off and coming back through enough room. I think I squeezed past norbs at one stage as Neil came back through :)

Top 10 woohooo go MPR!!!
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

SE1Z wrote:Great fun!
My first online race since LFS.

Not sure who 'cursed' is?
But sorry mate, thought the gap was bigger :(

Looking forward to more racing!
That's me. No problem. It was only the first of several trips off the track for me.

Those results aren't right, though. I definitely did not get lapped. I was 80 seconds behind the winner.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

pixelboy wrote:server hardly raised a sweat.. and had about 5 blokes on AACl - 2 at the same time..

I think I could run 4 or 5 servers..
Good to know. So potentially I could run 1 on the freebie server?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Well, I had fun but we need to work together more on the track it seems. (probably I need to be more patient and learn to behave again, like in iRacing)

I had a bad start, someone rear-ended me well before the 1st corner...
Then I have tried to overtake slow69 when he run somewhat wide but he came back hard and we had an off, and there was another somewhat botched overtake of mine where I could not cleanly get away later, it was with Steve Green I think, apologies for these, gents, I thought I had better grip on things there...

Then I had an off by myself, simply getting spun off by a curb...annoying :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

norbs wrote:I kept getting a little spike every now and then on my FPS thing. Was fine unless it happened at a corner. :)
I had a 1/4 second pause in the middle of the fast esse and nearly lost it :eek:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

ysu wrote:Well, I had fun but we need to work together more on the track it seems. (probably I need to be more patient and learn to behave again, like in iRacing)

Then I have tried to overtake slow69 when he run somewhat wide but he came back hard and we had an off, and there was another somewhat botched overtake of mine where I could not cleanly get away later, it was with Steve Green I think, apologies for these, gents, I thought I had better grip on things there...

Completely my fault... I was too busy looking left and missed the entry to the chicane.... :melt: :faint: :fall:
Steve
---
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:Well, I had fun but we need to work together more on the track it seems.

I have to say, for the first race back in a big field, the mid packers like me seemed to give each other room.

I got a roaring start and knew I would have guys passing me a few times. There was only 1 iffy move on me, and that could have been because I left the door open into T2.

I have to learn to breath. I had Petey up my date for 2 laps and I think I was holding my breath the whole time.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I wondered what happen to you ysu, almost like you missed a gear or something. Thanks for leaving a car width on the outside for me to use :)

I was so nervous the first few corners and was waiting for someone behind to mess up T1 and give me a touch up as I went right around the outside.... Need to work on my setup, the tyres were very squirrely from lap 7 to the end when you wanted to pour on the power.

I agree I didn't get lapped either so something weird there
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Not sure if that move was me Norbs, I can't remember if it was T2 or T3 but I think we had a rub. I was going around you before I knew it :)

Have to agree was very clean racing where I was only a couple of rubs with guys which made it even more fun with door to door action!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

SE1Z wrote: Completely my fault... I was too busy looking left and missed the entry to the chicane.... :melt: :faint: :fall:
good to know, thanks, I feel a bit better :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Well had fun.

had a great start, couldnt get around the outside of darren, though i sure tried. followed him for the first two laps i think then gizmo got under neath me into the final corner, and i stupidly punted him into t1. just didnt break that little bit earlier like i should have. So sorry mate.

Then i came in behind Mik and Norbs, i got Mik straight away and then chased norbs who held his line perfectly, then had a run on the outside of T3 and just caught the grass, spat me into the wall, regathered and found myself in 8th. Passed Mik again and got into a nice rythyme trying to chase Norbs and petey, Norbs ran wide in the final corner alowing petey and myself though, and I got passed petey when he made an error. he was on my tail for the rest of the race, managed to pass me at one stage but I got him back when he made another error and held it JUST for the remaining lap.

those mediums sure go off quick ;)

had a blast! sorry Gizmo, all me man :(
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Anyway to save replays of the online races? Would love to watch it back :)

Neil I knew you were way quicker so was happier to have you in front rather than trying to hard and taking us both out :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
norbs

Post by norbs »

NeilPearson wrote:Well had fun.

had a great start, couldnt get around the outside of darren, though i sure tried. followed him for the first two laps i think then gizmo got under neath me into the final corner, and i stupidly punted him into t1. just didnt break that little bit earlier like i should have. So sorry mate.

Then i came in behind Mik and Norbs, i got Mik straight away and then chased norbs who held his line perfectly, then had a run on the outside of T3 and just caught the grass, spat me into the wall, regathered and found myself in 8th. Passed Mik again and got into a nice rythyme trying to chase Norbs and petey, Norbs ran wide in the final corner alowing petey and myself though, and I got passed petey when he made an error. he was on my tail for the rest of the race, managed to pass me at one stage but I got him back when he made another error and held it JUST for the remaining lap.

those mediums sure go off quick ;)

had a blast! sorry Gizmo, all me man :(
One of those little spikes got me.

I turned the air blue, I can tell you.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Apologies for not making it tonight guys. Had surprise dinner guests. Good to see the server held up. Looking forward to the real deal on Wed.
petey

Post by petey »

norbs wrote:I have to learn to breath. I had Petey up my date for 2 laps and I think I was holding my breath the whole time.
Haha I was certainly applying the pressure. It did seem odd when you ran wide, I thought you would pull it up for sure.

I was wondering if you were on mediums Neil. I took darrens advice in the end and ran hards which were still getting a bit slippy towards the finish.

It appears that slipstreaming does nothing as a by note.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
slow069

Post by slow069 »

ysu wrote:Well, I had fun but we need to work together more on the track it seems. (probably I need to be more patient and learn to behave again, like in iRacing)

Sorry mate wasn't intentional

i will say its good to see all the old lfs guys back on a track together
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

slow069 wrote: Sorry mate wasn't intentional

i will say its good to see all the old lfs guys back on a track together
No no, don't get me wrong; I should have expected you coming back. I did not mean to blame you. :)

There's only one person I blame; the rear-ender ;)
slow069

Post by slow069 »

Lol

Maybe my arse looked to good for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Thanks for the read blokes, was great to see some of that old LFS banter post race again, maybe it is time I drag the wheel out of mothballs.
slow069

Post by slow069 »

Shonky wrote:Thanks for the read blokes, was great to see some of that old LFS banter post race again, maybe it is time I drag the wheel out of mothballs.
Come on shonky
Get you wheel out
Put you walking frame in the boot of the BMW
And have a drive

If you do it today you can class it as your Sunday drive

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Carn Shonky, Box is making you look really old now!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
slow069

Post by slow069 »

Box is like a mad man on a mobility scooter

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

[youtube] [/youtube]

Missed the test run, doing some work at the time, might Fired it up and did a few laps for the first time playing took a while to sort out the 'apps' until I knocked my mouse to the side and hello there..

Did a prac 15-20 laps few 2:08s at the end on hards before the arm got sore, she under steers a bit. Was fun all max settings sitting over 60fps.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.