Arrrrrrrr One

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
ReppohC

Arrrrrrrr One

Post by ReppohC »

Ended up buying a new toy a few weeks ago. Prompted me to sell the wrx (long time coming, good riddance). New "toy" is downright scary (and that's when you can keep the front wheel on the ground...). Haven't hit limiter yet, and I don't plan on either, I will need to do about 140 in first gear to get anywhere close.

Nice knowing ya'll! :dead: :vibes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Arrrrrrrr One

Post by Righteous »

Nice. I've had my CBR1000RR since 2007. Got it new and haven't received a speeding ticked yet, and the only time it has hit the limiter is with it being in neutral. I just wanted to hear what it sounded like :D

I reckon I could count on two hands the amount of times I've used 100% throttle.

I find that all the power is great when you want to get around traffic on the highway and means you can afford to be a bit lazier with gear changes as the litre bikes tend to pull pretty hard in almost any gear.

Just keep control of your wrist and you'll get a lot of pleasure out of it. Being able to pick up the front wheel in 2nd or 3rd is also terrifying.
richo

Post by richo »

I used to regularly scare the living bejesus out my self on a 1986 GSXR750R I can't imagine the power of new bikes.

I think i would buy brown leathers...
[]D [] []v[] []D
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Depending on the year, 1st can do around 160kmh.

0-100kmh in say 3 sec .. you might say it is quick.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Mine has -1 tooth on the front and +2 on the rear, so is about 10kph lower then stock... Not that I wanted (or needed) it to accelerate any faster. Thinking of going back to stock ratios for a while actually.

Also has a Power Commander, Velocity Stacks, K&N Filter, Termigonini exhaust and y-pipe (no cats), and 520 conversion... No idea what power it would be making relative to stock, all I know is its downright brutal scary. The feeling of acceleration is equivalent to how I imagine being strapped to a ICBM would feel. Holding on while the world turns into a blur. End of the day its all about self control and I've already had enough close encounters to respect riding on the street.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I like fast things but I'll never have a bike. Way to vulnerable feeling for me.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Nice one :yes:

I ride a 600cc (FZ6) and it's got more than enough power for me - never ridden anything faster and I don't think I ever will, or want to :)

Be safe out there :)
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:I like fast things but I'll never have a bike. Way to vulnerable feeling for me.
You don't know what you're missing, though. Not that I'd buy one now I'm too old for that, and luckily I've never had a bike like these when I was younger...I was riding like an idiot enough with a low powered 125cc one... :)
But what I'm trying to say; it's another feeling. It just does not compare to a car, when you're riding a bike.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

140kmh in first? That's nuts..
eek
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Here's an educational piece on how to ride that thing:

[youtube] [/youtube]
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Only 299km/h, needs to get a real bike.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Nice bike mate :yes:
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

wobblysauce wrote:Only 299km/h, needs to get a real bike.
He needs to get a fucking brain