My new ride..

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
pixelboy

My new ride..

Post by pixelboy »

I needed another car to get me to the station and whatnot.. Getting a bit taxing only having one car in the family..

Anyway, I wanted a small car and found this VW on car sales.. 99 Golf, 140,000km... $3200.. Sweet..

Went and had a look, test drove it and was impressed.. A lot of car for not much cash.. Talked him down to $2700.. Even better.. SOLD!

I went and got the cash and did the paperwork.. Of I go.. Got about 500 meters away and start having troubles with the manual gearbox box..

Can't get 1st, 2nd or Reverse! Bloody hell! Take it back to the bloke.. Look it over and discover the gear linkage from the stick has sheared.. Brilliant..

He's got no appetite to take it back and I'm now running late for soccer so I cop it and head home with a shortage of gears avoiding any hill starts..

Anyway, my mechanic fixed it today for a couple of hundred and I'm off again.. I think that I still got a good deal but maybe, as I told norbs on the phone, it was too good to be true.. I'll keep you posted.

Here is the compulsory Overprocessed 3/4 shot!

eek
petey

Re: My new ride..

Post by petey »

Gees that's a bit rough. Lucky it was an easy fix. Does make you wonder how well it has been looked after ofcourse though. :S
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice colour. I like the mk IVs as a conveyance. A better fit and finish and generally better reliability than the mk V although the Vs sure as hell drive a lot better. A good price there although you could have had a mighty Renault Sport Clio for the same and had an entertaining drive to the station each day :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

car, nice, vw, says YoDA.
balls & boobs. . .
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Nice lil car, when you get the knick's worked out.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

TheKnicks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

LOL. I had something in my head like that too.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"