If you want to know what an amazing actor Andy Serkis is...

Chat about stuff you've seen
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

If you want to know what an amazing actor Andy Serkis is...

Post by smithcorp »

Just ask him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... fects.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Re: If you want to know what an amazing actor Andy Serkis is

Post by DarrenM »

I don't get that from the article at all. Did you link the wrong one, or do you think that since his body was overlaid with CGI in LOTR that he brought nothing to the part?
“Two things have to be understood: the authorship of a performance happens on set with a director and other actors in a very conventional live action sense. The animation process is what happens afterwards, and the skill and artistry and the brilliant work the animators do in interpolating that performance and manifesting it on screen is an art form which is unparalleled.” Then, almost defiantly, he adds: “Acting is acting and visual effects are visual effects and it’s a marriage, but the authorship of performance - everything you watch on screen that you feel and think about a character - comes from the actor.”
You can see what he's talking about when filmed and final cgi scenes are played side by side.

[youtube] [/youtube]
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Probably the wrong link - I have read a few articles lately and he comes across as a wanker.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/motion-captu ... 98868.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

This pic and that first line made me laugh.