GT2014 – Race 2 – Imola

Racing league forum for all different games.
Davo

Re: GT2014 – Race 2 – Imola

Post by Davo »

Flinty72 wrote:I'm getting some huge pauses / stutters in gameplay today... Not sure what's casing it so am doing a defrag to see if it helps but I'm suspecting it's the sim itself given how many updates it's had recently.
Anyone else experiencing anything strange???
Every now and then I'll get a stutter. Not anything too bad though most of the time.

If anyone wants to use teamspeak I have a server up s at "games.xrst.net.au" and the channel password is "arse". I you'd like your own team channel I can do that too.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

SE1Z wrote:Pretty good chance I wont be there tonight.
Killer headache :(
Pop some drugs and drive, you might be faster!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im running late and done very little practice :( sucks after my podium last week

Ill hopefully rockup and learn the track lol, but ill just be a good boy and not take anyone out
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Awesome my game not finding the server!!!!

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Really..? You in now?
eek
Davo

Post by Davo »

Fuck that was messy, now theres incidents before turn 1 lol
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Well I cost myself second place... stupid cough. Good racing guys and sorry about the last lap. :(
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Great Race guys..

Really enjoyed our first couple of laps battle Norbs :up:
Race2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eek
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I'll take 10th. Raced at my own pace and let people through who were way faster.

There were some dodgey moves though. Will consult the replay file.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

First of all. A huge congrats to righty. Faultless drive and deserves to be the winner. Secondly, I bet cursed is laughing his head off with that finish. Next, I have no clue what happened at the straight at the start. Got spun out. No clue who did it but clearly took out a few great drivers. From my point of view felt I was on the edge of the track and came in slightly and got tagged. I don't want to blame anyone for tagging me as I don't know exactly what happened. If it was my fault I do apologise for the mess it caused. From there on it was quali laps for me. Managed to get up to third and have a nice little battle with astro. He held up to the challenge and didn't make a single error. I spun and thought it was all over but on the second last lap astro spun out and it was game on. Going into the second last corner, I was right on astro's quarter panel. He turned in (I think he didn't know I was actually that close). We touched a bit but thankful no harm no foul. Battled it out nicely on the last lap. Trying to do the criss cross into the hairpin but astro did very well. Then he spun out after the double right hander and collected me. No blame on his part. Yes it was unfortunate but there was no intention at all. He spun out in front and I was an innocent bystander. Cursed comes straight past us all from 5 or 6th up to second and I managed to recover for third. Feel bad for astro though. A faultless race and clearly deserved to finish second. Unlucky mate. A bit disappointed in my performance though. Thought that if it wasn't for the first corner I could have given righty a run for his money. Not to worry though. With the great bunch of guys we have here, this series is going to take off. Plenty of competitive guys a few great tracks coming up. Bring on Silverstone!!
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Fun racing all! Had a few great scraps but prob did 15 laps total before the start of the race, so had no chance..

Great racing with Cursed, I had no race pace so I blocked quite hard (but hopefully fair) and Shaun nice move on last lap on T1.. I lost it on my own after :)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I didn't qual as well as I would have liked but was still at the pointy end. Got a great start, was going to get up the inside of M1K (is that you dvestate?) but thought better of it. Did a bit of blocking too, managed to get Astro at the first chicane.

Took off after M1K, but he seemed to find it hard to settle in the race. Got him at the second chicane and then started chasing Box.

I didn't really have the pace to catch him but figured if I could keep it on the road I would at least have a chance if he made a mistake.

Luckily for me he did, took the lead and held it till the end. I coudl see box catching initially but I assumed he an Astro came together as I, all of a sudden, had a comfy lead.

Even spun it on the second last lap. If Astro didn't have his coughing fit, he probably would have been able to get by.

A much better race than last round very happy.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

sorry to brett at one stage i fell off track, rejoined looked behind to see which way you were coming, didnt account for the fact i was still looking behind and turned right into the direction i shouldnt have, what a noob lol. me and amwarrior bumped before t1, think we both sorta went for the same piece of road, caused a chain reaction sorry to all involved. Tried to race consistent but it took me about 8 laps to find my rythm, when i finally did i got passed m1k after alot of laps chasing, then suddenly nutty box and cursed are all close, we were having some close battles but no way passed until nutty drops a wheel on the last turn exit and i somehow manage to stick a move around the outside into t1. Get all excited with that and spill off the road a couple of times. Half way around the track i notice smoke and cars sprawled out and suddenly im in 4th, had i not bloody good excited i might have got higher. Overall a good night and im stoked, had some awesome racing and when i was with someone slower they let me through (which they didnt even have to but i appreciated it). Thanks guys :kangaroo:
Hello :aussie:
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Man my race set was terrible!!!!

My Quali set was awesome by grabbing 2nd on the grid.

Spun the tyres of the line and lost one place but could tell that my race set was not going to help me after half a lap, lost a few places. Had Cursed closing in and my driving settled a little but a few mistakes and he was right on me, cursed got a run out of the hairpin so was going to give up the spot but not paying attention I ran it a little onto the dirt and started to spin. Went to catch it and clipped Cursed (sorry mate) lost another spot because of that :(

Tried to settle down but my laps were all over the place, pushing way to hard with an understeering car at the end I just backed it down and concentrated on a comfortable pace. Worked and then at the end tried to push a bit more, mistakes for 2 laps and I just brought it home.

Good race, one thing I learned is more practice...... The first race I ran at least 10 laps every 2 nights, this one I went 9 days without racing

WTF happened at the start????? I just saw what looked like massive trouble and T1
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Did anyone manage to get the replay? I only have qual unfortunately.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Righteous wrote:I didn't qual as well as I would have liked but was still at the pointy end. Got a great start, was going to get up the inside of M1K (is that you dvestate?) but thought better of it. Did a bit of blocking too, managed to get Astro at the first chicane.

Took off after M1K, but he seemed to find it hard to settle in the race. Got him at the second chicane and then started chasing Box.
Yep that was me, I actually expected you to stuff it up the inside :)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Righteous wrote:Did anyone manage to get the replay? I only have qual unfortunately.

500 meg gets you the last 17 laps.

If needed, I can try and upload overnight.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

As Shaun said, Both of us going for the same piece of road. Probably a racing incident. Last thing I want is say hey shaun your at fault. That will get us nowhere. If anything probably my fault for coming in slightly.

Also just a special shout out to everyone who contributes to the forum. I know we focus on the racing and if it is good racing it is a good league but a lot of work goes behind the scenes. Personally, I joined just recently and everyone has been very welcoming and everyone has helped me out whenever I have had any questions. So yes good racing will make a good league, but all these guys that work hard, and even everyone talking on the forums makes this a great league. So a big thanks to everyone!!
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Sorry about that amwarrior93, didn't know you were that close going into the left turn.

Once I started coughing I just couldn't stop and I'm really sorry to have spun in front of you on the last lap (sorry also to the others that hit my out of control car). At least I can say that I had a faultless 18.5 laps. ;)

PS My cough is only just now starting to calm down and I'm sweating like a bitch. I was off sick Monday and the Dr put me on some drugs to fix my cough... although they don't seem to have kicked in yet.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

not gonna lie i was mad at first then i thought no point complaining, hope others make mistakes. didnt expect 4th after that start. If it was my fault, sorry mate, if not, damn you bastard hahaha. Nah all good fun
Hello :aussie:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

amwarrior93 wrote:As Shaun said, Both of us going for the same piece of road. Probably a racing incident. Last thing I want is say hey shaun your at fault. That will get us nowhere. If anything probably my fault for coming in slightly.

Also just a special shout out to everyone who contributes to the forum. I know we focus on the racing and if it is good racing it is a good league but a lot of work goes behind the scenes. Personally, I joined just recently and everyone has been very welcoming and everyone has helped me out whenever I have had any questions. So yes good racing will make a good league, but all these guys that work hard, and even everyone talking on the forums makes this a great league. So a big thanks to everyone!!
:yes:
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Well, that was my Bradbury moment there on the last lap. I don't remember who it was in the middle of the track (Astro?), he seemed not to be moving so I didn't know whether to go around the front or the back. Against my better judgement, I dived around the front and whoever it was closing on me from behind followed (Box?), only to clip Astro and share a waltz with him. 4th to 2nd on that last lap alone.

Dvestate, I couldn't tell if I squeezed you to the side at the beginning and forced you off or if you initiated it. When you seemed to back right off, I assumed you were taking the blame, so I ran on.

My battle with Nutty was great. For the most part I had more pace, so being trapped behind I found that I could run more or less in my comfort zone. I was probably way too gun-shy to try a pass after the run-in with M1K, so I just hoped that Nutty would slip up - plenty of people seemed to be doing it and he'd run off in a couple of places already. Luckily that paid off.

I'll be back for more!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Life time ban for Shaun. All in favour?
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Yeah mate on my end I figured it was my fault so I was hanging out waiting for you to take off.

I knew we were side by side so was trying to stay as far right as possible

dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Righteous wrote:Life time ban for Shaun. All in favour?
Gets me an extra spot so I will vote yes ;)