Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
wabbit

Re: Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Post by wabbit »

What's a Fanatec CSR Forza worth these days?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

wabbit wrote:What's a Fanatec CSR Forza worth these days?

$259.

http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/racing-whe ... el-au.html
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Norbs, ok thanks. Well a mate just picked up a second hand unit if anyone is interested. I'm not going the hard sell, just wanted to help someone out if they like the wheel.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

norbs

Post by norbs »

The other option for me is the Thrustmater TX base and one of their wheels. I dont need pedals, so that might be a slightly more cost effective choice.

I just know I want my Fanatec back for now :)
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

They are a bit plasticky feeling but fairly smooth and strong FFB with low enough input lag (with the latest firmware installed). I got my T300 GTE cheaper than you can get a TX base. It's nearly the same but comes with useless pedals, a very crappy rubber wheel and has 1080deg of lock (only good in the GT86). I doubt you will be able to find the T300 cheaper than the TX anymore though.

The best GT wheel you can get for the T300/500/TX is https://www.gamesmen.com.au/cont-thrust ... -tx-add-on
You can also buy an adapter to convert the crappy default wheel into a universal hub. http://simracinghardware.com/product/th ... l-adapter/
The Formula wheel isn't half bad for the money too http://cplonline.com.au/thrustmaster-t5 ... oC_i3w_wcB

I will get that 599XX wheel when it comes out this month.

Edit: added the adapter plate link.
norbs

Post by norbs »

renesis37 wrote:They are a bit plasticky feeling but fairly smooth and strong FFB with low enough input lag (with the latest firmware installed). I got my T300 GTE cheaper than you can get a TX base. It's nearly the same but comes with useless pedals, a very crappy rubber wheel and has 1080deg of lock (only good in the GT86). I doubt you will be able to find the T300 cheaper than the TX anymore though.

The best GT wheel you can get for the T300/500/TX is https://www.gamesmen.com.au/cont-thrust ... -tx-add-on
You can also buy an adapter to convert the crappy default wheel into a universal hub. http://simracinghardware.com/product/th ... l-adapter/
The Formula wheel isn't half bad for the money too http://cplonline.com.au/thrustmaster-t5 ... oC_i3w_wcB

yeah, well the only reason i am thinking about it is I can get it cheap through work. I am hearing 25%-40% discount. :)

So the TX base with the 599XX wheel will probably do me. The F1 wheel has a few buttons that do fuck all, are just decoration apparently.
richo

Post by richo »

The F1 wheel has a shit ton of buttons and knobs that work but I would prefer a round wheel myself . So pissed I couldn't find any sim shit in the US went to four states but everything sim is old online as far as I could see everything harder core pc related was sold online.

Will have to start hiding cash as there no way the wife will allow a $1000 "toy"
[]D [] []v[] []D
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

norbs wrote:
renesis37 wrote:They are a bit plasticky feeling but fairly smooth and strong FFB with low enough input lag (with the latest firmware installed). I got my T300 GTE cheaper than you can get a TX base. It's nearly the same but comes with useless pedals, a very crappy rubber wheel and has 1080deg of lock (only good in the GT86). I doubt you will be able to find the T300 cheaper than the TX anymore though.

yeah, well the only reason i am thinking about it is I can get it cheap through work. I am hearing 25%-40% discount. :)

So the TX base with the 599XX wheel will probably do me. The F1 wheel has a few buttons that do fuck all, are just decoration apparently.
That's awesome. I will be interested to know how much.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

richo wrote:Will have to start hiding cash as there no way the wife will allow a $1000 "toy"
That's more or less the approach that works for me!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

My thrustmaster TX arrived. Only had a quick go at pCars but already the ffb feels lots better. Smoother and quieter. Rim itself is rubbish considering the price. Feels like my old Logitech formula yellow!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs

Post by norbs »

3 emails to Fanatec and still no response, so they can get fucked. Pulled the pin on the TX and FXX wheel for $590 (oddly, I buy it and put a claim in through work for the discount). Have asked and it is 1 per person, so I may be able to get another at that price through the bride.

So will have a barely used G29 to sell in a week or 2. :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Nice one norbs. :yes:
You shuld be set now as the Thrustmaster gear seems pretty damn robust if you go off community reports.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts & reports.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

norbs wrote:3 emails to Fanatec and still no response, so they can get fucked.
Did you try to raise a support issue via the fanatec web page? Sign in, Support/FAQ -> SUPPORT: I do have a question about MY Fanatec product. -> Pick your device off the list.

I've never raised a support call straight via email, I've always used the above.

Also, remember that quoted warranty periods don't hold a lot of water under Australian consumer law, so the fact that it died a couple of days out may be irrelevant and feel free to remind them of that.

Anyway, it looks like you've moved onto the next thing now anyway. :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

Cursed wrote:
norbs wrote:3 emails to Fanatec and still no response, so they can get fucked.
Did you try to raise a support issue via the fanatec web page? Sign in, Support/FAQ -> SUPPORT: I do have a question about MY Fanatec product. -> Pick your device off the list.

I've never raised a support call straight via email, I've always used the above.

Also, remember that quoted warranty periods don't hold a lot of water under Australian consumer law, so the fact that it died a couple of days out may be irrelevant and feel free to remind them of that.

Anyway, it looks like you've moved onto the next thing now anyway. :yes:

yeah, that show I did it. I know because the first time I had to unbolt the wheel to find the serial. At that point I was hoping it was just a USB issue.

Also sent emails to the address I got from them last year about the combo deal.

5 emails total.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

So norbs, how much can you get just the TX base for? I have a friend that is interested.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Actually, how much can you get both the base and 599XX wheel for non discounted (as you have already used the discount yes?)
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Sorry I can't read (I am trying to work...). How much of a bribe will it be to get it at $590? :D I will pull the trigger if it's not too much. 599XX for me, TX base for my mate.
norbs

Post by norbs »

renesis37 wrote:Actually, how much can you get both the base and 599XX wheel for non discounted (as you have already used the discount yes?)

I am trying to find out if I can use the brides work account to get another discount. You still have to pay full freight, and I will get the difference back in my pay. They do this for Logitech gear as well. Fucked if I know what it is about.

Is the friend Flinty? :)
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Sweet. No it is the mate who is working on my new track car, I owe him some $ for engine parts and his G27 is half dead.. well it could wake the dead with its rattling.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

OK, after a lot of mucking around, got the G29 wheel working.
After going from Win7 to Win 10, then back to Win 7, had an idea.
The current Logi software didn't work with my version of Win 7.
So I searched around and found the 5 previous version of the Logi software.
After 2 failures, the 3rd version worked.
Once that was installed I was able to update to the latest version, once the earlier issue had been accepted.
Took a while, but worth it so far.
Still a lot of practice to be done, but happy so far.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

norbs

Post by norbs »

Anyone had any dealings with Pagnian http://www.pagnianimports.com.au ?

Put my order in on the 9th and havent heard anything from them. Sent them an email yesterday morning and nothing.

Jesus, am I expecting too much?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: RE: Re: Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:Jesus, am I expecting too much?

norbs

Post by norbs »

Thank you Jesus.
richo

Post by richo »

norbs wrote:Anyone had any dealings with Pagnian http://www.pagnianimports.com.au ?

Put my order in on the 9th and havent heard anything from them. Sent them an email yesterday morning and nothing.

Jesus, am I expecting too much?
Were they cheaper than The Gamesmen? There pretty good dudes to deal with.
[]D [] []v[] []D