ARSE vs XGN

Racing league forum for all different games.

Choose your favourite combo.

458 GT2 at Silverstone
33%
312T at Silverstone
33%
Lotus 98T at Monza
27%
Formula Arbath at Mugello
7%

Total votes: 15

Cursed

Re: ARSE vs XGN

Post by Cursed »

Enforcer-J wrote:Im nervous, this is becoming way too serious!
I'm likewise. I was on solo parent duty over the weekend so I didn't get to put in as many laps as I'd have liked and I don't think I'll have a chance to run any tonight due to a dinner date with a visitor from the States.

I'm yet to do a 20 lap run in the Fez and my runs in the Cobra lack any consistency. Eau Rouge and Pouhon are both causing me quite some bother.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Cursed it's only a 10 lap race in the Fezza & 7 laps in the Cobra. ;)
If you need setups yell out, as many of us are using the same base set with only minor tweaks to suit our styles.

I wished we had of known about this 94-96% & 98% track grip bs before yesterday... Also shouldn't ARSE have a say on that & the other server parameters for the combo we nominated???
Not that I really think it's going to make too much of a difference whatever they try to fluster us with... :p

Finally how can anyone get nervous when XGN have a Hello Kitty skin, then try to make themselves look tough with a one finger salute. Seriously!!! :rofl:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Sorry, the 20 was a typo. Still, I don't think I've strung together 10 laps either.

Anyhoo, my plan is mainly to stay on the track and pick up whatever others throw away. I believe in playing to one's strengths.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So are we planning to jump on TS during the races tomorrow night, assuming Darren is OK with us using his TS server again?
I think it would be beneficial...
If so can everyone map a PTT key/button & keep the chat minimal during the races, maybe just point out any hazards on the track & other relevant info.
Dukester

WallyM

Post by WallyM »

The dynamic grip is a game setting that we use in our league races, to stimulate the track gripping up. It's just a bit of fun... it means you have to be a little more careful on the opening couple of laps while the track rubbers up.

It's nothing to get nervous about. It's just a bit of inter-league fun. You guys can organise the next challenge ;)
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

I'm pretty sure we had dynamic grip during the last few GT races too, I remember sitting in the pits watching the track grip go up after 5 laps or so, then having it reset for the race.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Bails MacKenzie wrote:I'm pretty sure we had dynamic grip during the last few GT races too, I remember sitting in the pits watching the track grip go up after 5 laps or so, then having it reset for the race.
Yes we did but it didn't reset from prac to qual to race, so it got to 100% by qual time & stayed there.

All good Wally, we can handle anything you throw at us. Plus as you say it spices it up. ;)
Dukester

AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Anyone know if the 458 is much quicker with ABS on? I've been running with it off as that's the default ARSE server setting. Same goes for TC.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

AstrO wrote:Anyone know if the 458 is much quicker with ABS on? I've been running with it off as that's the default ARSE server setting. Same goes for TC.
The server will be running the factory ABS and TC settings. I think ive been running with it off before though and found it quicker, or atleast I preferred it like that anyway.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i tried them on and off the other day and found almost no difference, but i prefered off on both as i could steer it easier with the throttle. There's 12 stages of TC on that thing. If you have it on 12 it just crackles and splutters out of some corners.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I found the default (factory) TC to be pretty good, it's not too restrictive & you can still get quite out of shape if you're not careful. If you rely on it too much you will go slower.
As for ABS I honestly didn't notice it was on. From experience with other cars with ABS I find it helps as a lot of cars are prone to locking into corners with the AC. So given the new tyre dynamics (graining & flatspots) I reckon default (factory) ABS is as good if not better than no ABS. Now to add context, my valid (in friends app) 1:59.3 was done with both ABS & TC on factory settings. ;)

by the way I assume even though the server is set for TC & ABS on factory setting you can still override & switch them off while online, correct???
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Do you blokes need the server started.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Duke wrote:by the way I assume even though the server is set for TC & ABS on factory setting you can still override & switch them off while online, correct???
correct.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Server is up for testing.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I'll be on when the boys are asleep. Havnt turned a wheel since Friday.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

tks ysu...

norbs what combo is the server set for? If it's the Fezza does it have TC & ABS enabled now?

I'll be on from 9:30pm & so should RenZ, so we'll hopefully see you then KNAPPO. ;)
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Hey WallyM? Could you please have a look into my steam ID not working? I tried to get on the XGN server tonight but it wouldn't let me.

Cheers.
WallyM

Post by WallyM »

renesis37 wrote:Hey WallyM? Could you please have a look into my steam ID not working? I tried to get on the XGN server tonight but it wouldn't let me.

Cheers.
There was a space after your GUID in the entry list. Fixed.
WallyM

Post by WallyM »

Server restarts

The server will be up for early practice. I'll restart it before qualifying 1, to reset the track grip. I'll also restart the server after race 1, to set up the next race.

Any problems on the night, jump onto Teamspeak at ts.xgn.com.au and poke me.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

For those racing tonight & given renesis issue I suggest you try to connect to the XGN race server prior to official practice tonight to make sure you can connect.
Given any issues would require a server restart we don't want to unduly delay the start of the event cause someone can't connect. ;)
Also if you have time do a few laps with the track grip at 95-96% as it is very different to 100%, I found I was dropping around 2 secs / lap.
Dukester

Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Is this on tonight? I'd been keen to join if there is room!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Also here's the full details of tonights event with XGN - http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=616.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Schedule
No damage, normal tyre wear.
TC and ABS are on factory settings (only affects 458)
Dynamic track grip is also set as per below;
Qualifying session track grip will start randomly between 94 and 96%. Then it grips up to 100% (1% per 24 cars doing a lap).
Races will start at 98% grip and grip up at the same rate (so it will be at full grip after a couple of laps).

Race 1 - Cobra at Spa
Qualifying 1 at 8:30pm Eastern Daylight savings time - 30 mins.
Race 1 - 7 laps (approx 20 mins)

Race 2 - Ferrari 458 GT2 at Silverstone
Qualifying 2 - 30 mins.
Race 2 - 10 laps (approx 20 mins)

Teams
Teams will have the same numbers. If there are uneven team numbers racing on the night, points will be tallied only for the matching team member numbers.

Points in each race will be 24,23,22... down to 1 (depending on how many drivers we have in total). Points from both races are totalled; the team with most points wins.

Rules
Track Limits. You must keep at least one wheel within the track boundary, typically delimited by white lines.

Redress. If you gain position advantage over another driver by colliding with them such that their car leaves the track, or by cutting the track yourself, you are expected to redress your position as soon as safely possible. Gaining position by "reasonable" side-by-side contact is allowed, but rear collisions must be avoided.

Server
We'll be racing both races on our XGN server, which will be called XGN ARSE Challenge.

TeamSpeak
Teams will just use their two respective TeamSpeak servers.

Skin Downloads
XGN Cobra Skin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/316fy3p9sgxb9 ... c.zip?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XGN 458 Skin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h81y3y0feqvr0 ... 2.zip?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ARSE Cobra Skin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rfbae6j7jhbg ... E.zip?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ARSE 458 Skin: https://www.mediafire.com/?5vjga9s46srby7q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Duke on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Gizmo wrote:Is this on tonight? I'd been keen to join if there is room!
Yep it's tonight & we'd love to have you join Team ARSE. :nod:
Full details in post above. :yes:
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

WallyM wrote:
renesis37 wrote:Hey WallyM? Could you please have a look into my steam ID not working? I tried to get on the XGN server tonight but it wouldn't let me.

Cheers.
There was a space after your GUID in the entry list. Fixed.

Thanks Wally! You're the best!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Gizmo wrote:Is this on tonight? I'd been keen to join if there is room!

I had your name down Giz, but heard nothing from you, so took it out.

We still need 2 starters. Santa and Nutty have there names as maybes. Woodsy as well.

So I need to get confirmation from 2 blokes for tonight.

Giz, have you run these combos?