ARSE vs XGN

Racing league forum for all different games.

Choose your favourite combo.

458 GT2 at Silverstone
33%
312T at Silverstone
33%
Lotus 98T at Monza
27%
Formula Arbath at Mugello
7%

Total votes: 15

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: ARSE vs XGN

Post by KNAPPO »

XGN vs ARSE - Round 1 FIGHT!

[youtube] [/youtube]

Pretty intense 1st lap to Les Combes.
Stick with the video til the bus stop when all hell breaks loose. :yikes:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Super proud of Team ARSE.

It pretty much panned out how I said it would on TS. We hung on in the Cobra's (their combo), and spanked them in the Ferrari's.

I was super nervous when Jason, Cutter, Neil and I were tooling around at Baskerville. When I got the first SMS of Flinty saying we had 6 in the top 10 at Spa, I was pretty happy.

To see the points breakdown today, wow. I am proud of ALL the ARSE guys. Well done boys.

Thanks to XGN and Wally for making it happen. Will take a gander at the replays at lunch.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

KNAPPO wrote:When you quit the server in race 2 it reminded me of the good ol days of a RAGE QUIT!!!
Another work call :(
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

KNAPPO wrote:XGN vs ARSE - Round 1 FIGHT!

[youtube] [/youtube]

Pretty intense 1st lap to Les Combes.
Stick with the video til the bus stop when all hell breaks loose. :yikes:
I played a bigger role in that then I remember :/ Sorry for wrecking your race Flinty, I had no idea you were there in the last corner!

Overall I had a really good night, heaps of fun :) I qualified poorly as I expected but the races were fairly kind to me. In saying that I think I drove fairly well (consistently) and had a few good battles. Spent a bit of time as Knappos rear gunner in both races and was passed on the last lap by Ysu in both races!

Thanks Wally, Norbs and co for putting on the event. Top stuff. Will race again :)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Great work guys, didnt know you where expecting me.. i posted page 5 saying I wouldnt be able to make it as its g20 week :()
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

nutty wrote:Great work guys, didnt know you where expecting me.. i posted page 5 saying I wouldnt be able to make it as its g20 week :()
Yep, my fault. I missed that completely.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Enforcer-J wrote:I played a bigger role in that then I remember :/ Sorry for wrecking your race Flinty, I had no idea you were there in the last corner!
All good J, by the time we touched the worst of it had already happened & we were all just scrambling. Having one of the XGN cars bounce back into me just before that was the worst bit.
Got to say the crash physics is AC seem to be way to sensitive & once contact is made even at low'ish speeds it's like the cars have hit each other at 100mph.

Anyway as it was I was way off my practicing race pace last night & I have no idea why. I suspect the lack of tyres & other key vehicle sounds really affected me.
I'll be interested to see how the sounds go tonight with a few less cars on track.
Last edited by Duke on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I had a pretty good steer considering I hadn't turned too many laps (thanks Astr0 for the Silverstone tips the other day). I threw away 3rd to Righty after a spin at Spa so was pretty dirty about that. Silverstone was good but couldn't get into a rhythm on the mediums until the end. Sorry (again) Knappo for that tag at Silverstone, your car warped forward then back and there was nothing I could do.

The awareness of some of the xgn guys was horrible, lol. Especially during qual at Spa! It was a fantastic race night though. I'm hoping we get to do it again :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:Got to say the crash physics is AC seem to be way to sensitive & once contact is made it's like the cars have hit each other at 100mph.
I reckon!
One of the ARSE lads bump drafted me on the way down the Kemel straight and the bump was like he hit me with a 150kph speed difference. :yikes:

Luckily I managed to hold it on the black stuff with a full set of opposite lock in both directions. Brown undies moment. :fall:

EDIT:
Santaria wrote:Sorry (again) Knappo for that tag at Silverstone, your car warped forward then back and there was nothing I could do.

No worries Santa. I gathered something like that happened, saw a few of those warps during the event.
Cheers for the re address offer mate. Ide rather keep an ARSE up the pointy end then take both of us down the listing so it made sense to not re address. As it turned out I finished the place behind you so it was a decent recovery drive in the end.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Thanks for the races and for letting me participate.. Apologies for my poor performance, my fast qual lap in the cobra was interrupted but a stutter front a friend going nuts on steam... ON BOTH LAPS!>! once that happened I got a bit angry and drove "ham fisted" which didn't go so well :grumpy:

Not to be a little whiny bitch but I had a lot of trouble with the no damage as I have never driven with it off, in my opinion it changes the way the tyres lock-up as well as their aural feedback. Still no excuse, others dealt with it just fine :prod:

Thanks again to XGN, it was a bit of fun anyway. It will be good to get back to a casual race tonight :tilt:

*EDIT: GO ARSE!!!!!!!
WallyM

Post by WallyM »

All the talk about tyre sounds and changed feel with no damage is interesting. I don't notice any change in sounds whatsoever with damage on or off. It doesn't affect tyre wear, it just means no flatspotting. At XGN, we do some races with damage on, some with damage off, and it doesn't affect things to the extent you noticed. Placebo effect, maybe?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It was fine in prac and qual so I think it's something to do with having a full field of cars around rather than damage. Though late in the race with the field spread out I still didn't have any tyre sound.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

WallyM wrote:All the talk about tyre sounds and changed feel with no damage is interesting. I don't notice any change in sounds whatsoever with damage on or off. It doesn't affect tyre wear, it just means no flatspotting. At XGN, we do some races with damage on, some with damage off, and it doesn't affect things to the extent you noticed. Placebo effect, maybe?
I didnt notice any differences here.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

KNAPPO wrote:
I reckon!
One of the ARSE lads bump drafted me on the way down the Kemel straight and the bump was like he hit me with a 150kph speed difference. :yikes:

Luckily I managed to hold it on the black stuff with a full set of opposite lock in both directions. Brown undies moment. :fall:
That was me! I wasnt intending on bump drafting, but you warped all of a sudden and nek minute my bonnet is up your arse! We were both lucky to come out of that unscathed!
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

DarrenM wrote:It was fine in prac and qual so I think it's something to do with having a full field of cars around rather than damage. Though late in the race with the field spread out I still didn't have any tyre sound.
You SIR are probably right. It most certainly was not a placebo effect though, I could reproduce it. The wheel would just shake once it was locked with no tyre squeal warning beforehand. I don't think I noticed it until the race, maybe our* sound settings are lower than they need to be with that many cars and the engine was just picking the important sounds to let through.

Wally, don't take my words the wrong way I am not blaming XGN for not running damage. I appreciated your effort and I see the merit of why you did that, we could have just as easily had it configured that way too. The way I drove the no damage saved my bacon from coming last anyway :rofl:

Edit*
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Awesome stuff...

Well done guys!!!

:aussie: :aussie: :aussie: :aussie:
eek