Cricket 2014/2015

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Cricket 2014/2015

Post by DexterPunk »

norbs wrote:Mitchell Johnson, what a fucking knob. Awesome to see him smashed to all parts of the ground.
Back to his old all over the place bowling. Nothing like the Johnson at the ashes.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

norbs wrote:Mitchell Johnson, what a fucking knob. Awesome to see him smashed to all parts of the ground.
Not half the knob that Clarke is. I cant stand the way he talks, im not sure if its arrogance or he is just really pissed off at every question hes ever asked.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Fucking hell, I realise Warner isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but....

Warner said swearing and physical contact would cross the line, but made it clear India should not expect a Sunday picnic.

"Off the field, I think it's always going to be pretty good with the games of cricket we play around the world, and on the field when you put your international cap on it's a different story when you're out there, it's aggressive, hard cricket, we play to win," Warner said.

"Both teams want to win, and they're prepared to do whatever they can to win. Stepping over the line is probably not the right way to go about it, letting your bat and ball do the talking is the way to go best.

I am pretty sure I am right in thinking he was the guy that punched a pommy player in a pub.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

He needed a root
--------------
Stu
norbs

Post by norbs »

Bauer wrote:He needed a root
Didnt realise fisting was his thing.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

MS Dhoni retired from test cricket effective immediately.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I only just learned that Smith conceded the draw with 4 overs to go??? What the actual fuck? I'm surprised there's no posts here about it. That's a disgrace! Didn't Clarke take 3 wickets to win a game against India a few years ago? Sure, it's not likely, but you have to try. I think it's a horrible attitude to have in professional sport.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It use to be a very common thing to do. One way of looking at it is, a bowler hurting themselves trying to get those last few wickets.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

They are payed to play the sport. And the fans are there paying to watch it. If they get an injury, that's unfortunate, but it wasn't the end of the game. I just don't think it's the right attitude.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I agree. I cant believe its accepted by anyone in the team let alone fans
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's not about us the fans, it's about winning a series. It hasn't happened here in Australia since the 1980's. We've always played to win over the past 20 odd years. There's no real point having someone block out 4 overs when the ball was fucked and the deck is flat. Nothing was going to happen. Not sure if you guys saw the ball on the TV but it had chunks out of it, it had no real shine and the seam was flat.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Yep that match was over.
Of course dropping 6 fucking catches in less than 4 days was the main culprit to it being a draw, creating 20 wickets on that block of concrete was hard enough, creating 26 (28 if you count the two Haddin was too slow to get gloves to) was nigh on impossible. I reckon there have been series when Australia has not dropped 6 catches but to do it in one game is a disgrace.
XLV SPORT
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Fucking Smith. He'd conceded a draw by Lunch on Day 2. You do not Bat for 2 days and win a Test Match.

I swear we've not had a decent attacking Captain since Steve Waugh. Ponting, Clarke, Smith cracking Batsmen all, but shithouse Captains.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

price check on humble pie please!!! Need an order for tomorrow afternoon

:D
--------------
Stu
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Oh I hope the Curry Munchers crumble like a dessicated Papadum. It's part of the greatness of Test Cricket how things can change on a dime. But if we win we do not deserve it.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

I thought an interesting observation was made by Mark Nicholas in this Test match though - a Captain is often judged by his attack, which is a very valid point. A great attack can make an ordinary Captain look like a genius but the greatest Captain of all time would now be able to do much with that current Indian bunch of pie throwers.
Following on from that, a series of batting friendly pitches (to put it mildly) and below average fielding has made it even more difficult for Smith.
XLV SPORT
norbs

Post by norbs »

Batting friendly pitches are ruining the game.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Would a new ball every 70 overs help the bat/ball imbalance a touch? I know it did nothing this evening but maybe even every 60 overs? It helps the batting side to as often as it provides a lift for the bowlers and might just stop games meandering for an hour in the 70 to 80 over range. Also, they bowling side would not have to take it but something needs to be done if that is the sort of pitch we are going to be stuck with.
XLV SPORT
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Greener pitches are the easy answer!
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Totally agree, something needs to be done to give the bowlers a bit back.

When do we let Clarke go? He's been picked as Captain for the World Cup. Is that just a last send off kind of thing? He's obviously very brittle, and the new Captain is blazing centuries every game.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Smith isn't even the vc for the world cup team. Bailey is hardly setting the world on fire in the big bash either. Not sure what's going on in the selectors heads
norbs

Post by norbs »

Glad it isnt just me.

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Yes...

Has NFI
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

norbs wrote:Glad it isnt just me.

I was watching when Ponting was interviewing Pieterson and that's just what it was, an interview. They completely ignored the cricket for a number of overs.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Vilante wrote:I was watching when Ponting was interviewing Pieterson and that's just what it was, an interview. They completely ignored the cricket for a number of overs.
If it was the same game I was watching, the 'filler' discussion between Ponting and Pieterson was during the phase where only singles were being run and nothing of any excitement was going on.

Obviously a distraction from the actual game, but I guess they needed to so something while the game was a bit boring for the average BBL viewer.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman