Foxtel in Apartments

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: Foxtel in Apartments

Post by nutty »

Im fucking annoyed about this whole drama. Got the box yesterday.. I can deal with it being SD but its an analog box, so it basically feels like im watching on a gameboy.

Raged at foxtel last two days, nothing can be done.. they wont give me a IQ box unless I have two cables dragged in

Fucking bullshit.. I cant even get a SD quality F1 stream for any amount of money per month.. im better off using squiralstreams
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well im starting to bend on this whole Foxtel bullshit.

My mobile is out of contract at the end of next month and im out of contract at present with Telstra for my home phone and internet.

Last night I was working out if i went from my 200GB plan to the 100GB plan on Telscum (only using around 90GB per month the last 6 months) and bundled Foxtel with it ill only be paying $45 more than I currently am. When I take my phone to a pre-paid account ill save $50 per month so that saving can go to Foxtel. So ill have the same services plus adding Foxtel to it and save myself $5 on what im currently paying.

Now I think I need to visit a Telscum shop to see what deal they can do IF i add my phone to the package. I also saw no option to add the HD to the bundle so I need clarification on that as well.

DAM YOU FOXTEL!!!!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

That sucks Nutty - how old is the building?

I convinced the wife that having Foxtel would be a good idea for the upcoming F1 season and now I also get to see WEC and the GT series (assuming Foxtel will be airing them)

We're in a 7 year old apartment and have the two cable setup via satellite so we got lucky in that regard.

Only problem with satellite is the picture breakup during bad weather. I recorded a movie and some of it was cut out due to loss of reception.

Oh, and for anyone else looking at Foxtel - make sure you ring and ask for a deal, we got the movie package for 2 months for free. Was hoping for a free install, but they weren't allowed to offer that on a standard sports plan.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

I struggle to use even 500mb a month on my phone.

What are you doing to use so much data.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shaun

Foxtel in Apartments

Post by Shaun »

Pretty sure he's talking about his home internet lol
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

You never know, these paid toilet breaks.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Nutty: Any chance you can get a dish installed? When I was at a block of apartments, the land lord (and I assume the strata peoples) had no issues....

With a dish you can get the HD package no issues.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Brett_S wrote:That sucks Nutty - how old is the building?
We're in a 7 year old apartment and have the two cable setup via satellite so we got lucky in that regard.
Ours is about 8-9 years old, I have 100mbit internet so its kind a trade off ;(
plastik8 wrote:Nutty: Any chance you can get a dish installed? When I was at a block of apartments, the land lord (and I assume the strata peoples) had no issues....

With a dish you can get the HD package no issues.
I asked... the strata dont really give a shit about getting a 2nd cable :( heaps pissed off.. just activated my thing.. the quality blows soo hard :( reminds me of when I used to tape the f1 in the early 90's haha