"New" Macbook

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
pixelboy

"New" Macbook

Post by pixelboy »

Im definitely getting one of these.. I've wanted something small for a while and have unsuccessfully tried to work from a tablet so this is perfect for me!

http://www.apple.com/au/macbook/

eek
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: "New" Macbook

Post by wobblysauce »

Even smaller then the 'Air'..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
markus

Post by markus »

I wonder how it bends...
Much cycling such kilometers.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

The single USB-C port is a bit silly. You'll have to spend out £65 for a triple adapter for USB, VGA, and power. And then you have to carry that round with you as well!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Big Kev wrote:The single USB-C port is a bit silly. You'll have to spend out £65 for a triple adapter for USB, VGA, and power. And then you have to carry that round with you as well!
All part of the master plan to transfer your wealth to Apple.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

If I was in the market for a laptop ide rather go with something like this.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/05/leno ... 550-hz750/
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Pix you might want to think about the screen realestate before purchasing. Apple did a smart thing with their HiDPI screen implementation by doubling the resolution while keeping the application windows the original size (sorry can't think of how to word that correctly right now). However the down side as an example is while a rMBP has double the res, it has exactly the same screen realestate as the normal MBP.

In the case of this new laptop, the HiDPI screen is a lower res than would normally be expected as thus you might find you aren't able to view as much content.

Hope the above make sense :)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

That's interesting wabbit..

I have a 13" non retina MBP and am happy going to 12" but I didn't think about scaling..

Maybe I'll wait till I play with one rather than pre ordering sight unseen.

Thanks
eek
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Big Kev wrote:The single USB-C port is a bit silly. You'll have to spend out £65 for a triple adapter for USB, VGA, and power. And then you have to carry that round with you as well!
Agreed. £65 is a lot, but I'm sure you'll be able to buy generic non-apple adapters for much less, considering the USB-C / 3.1 is an industry standard, not an Apple standard. Case in point: I bought a $6 AUD mini-display port to HDMI adapter from Ebay for my MBA 11 inch, works 100%. Apple genuine RRP is $49 iirc.

I personally would have taken 2 USB-C ports over the 1 port + 3.5mm stereo port.... That way you can have power in one, and the other spare for whatever is needed.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Still think the Asus Zen book is in the running.. and it has been onsale since Feb.

http://www.ultrabookreview.com/5123-asus-zenbook-ux305/
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Adding to Wobbly, Asus, Dell and Lenovo all have very similar products available that should be considered.

*edit*

What if... this laptop only has one port by design, meaning to make it functional it only needs one port.

Then if you thing about the iPad, it also only has one port to make it functional, because it only needs one port.

Then the question begs, is this MacBook meant to be an OS X tablet in a clamshell format (aka laptop).

* yes I know they both have headphone jacks, hopefully you still get my point though.
plastik8

"New" Macbook

Post by plastik8 »

Laughed pretty hard at the video DarrenM!!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

:rofl: We finally have a replacement for the Hitler translation video that's been doing the rounds for years.