DiRT Rally

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: DiRT Rally

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:good lord i reposted it from the same page.
You reposted a wobble post. ARSEception!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released a small patch (V1.02) for their Dirt Rally title in order to fix a few issues.

V1.02 Changelog:

We’ve fixed a number of co-driver call issues in German, French, Italian and Spanish.
We’ve found some parts lying around in the back of the service areas so you can now upgrade your Hyundai Rally Car.
Need more snow in your life? Custom championships now include Sweden.
Fixed a missing Italian text string in the part failure message.
Fixed a number of graphical issues including Opaque windows on Rallycross AI cars, a corrupt texture after partly detaching the rear bumper in the rain, some weird flickering in bonnet cam when switching the Virtual Rear View Mirror on and some glowing things on the Holjes track.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

PC Gamer Review, this is some truly cringe worthy reading. I get the feeling this person never even bothered to try more than 2 or 3 different cars
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Wow. I can't imagine what must have happened behind the scenes for him to write up such a bunch of crap. Did someone at codies fuck his missus? I can't believe anyone with any decent amount of sim experience would come away with these impressions after giving it a proper try. Sure, it's not perfect, and there's plenty you could criticise... Or make a subjective call about. But his criticisms are just plain false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

This looks pretty neat, if you're willing to stuff around with doing it.

With this mod you can add a permanent heli view to your car camera selection.
2 Angles (front and reverse) are included. Use F7 & F8 on your keyboard during replay to switch between them.

Follow the instructions below to add the heli view to your car cams:
1. Download BinXML to convert car cam´s: http://ego.wikia.com/wiki/BinXML
2. Make a backup of your original car cam.
3. Car folder names can be seen here: http://goo.gl/ju7ewJ
4. Convert car cam to txt file using BinXML.
5. Add the code found in the link to your car camera txt file right below "ViewManager name="xyz"": http://pastebin.com/Cvm2h1YX
6. It should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/ZyGvfa8.png
7. Save the camera.txt and convert it back to xml with BinXML.
8. Paste the new camera.xml in your car folder and overwrite the original.
That´s it.

NOTE: Camera works best in open environments, where there isn´t many trees.
Feel free to edit the cameras and include them in your own camera mods.
Dukester

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

This is great

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters has announced that they will add some new content to their popular DIRT Rally title when the game gets released for the PS4 and Xbox One on April 5th, 2016. The extra content will also be available for the already available PC Steam version.

Get ready for the new Classic Mini and Super 1600 Rallycross series, a Pikes Peak monster car and a pair of classic Renault’s. To get us warmed up for the upcoming content,
Extra cars coming to DIRT Rally:
Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak
Renault 5 Turbo
Renault Alpine A110
Opel Corsa Super 1600
Peugeot 207 S1600
Renault Clio S1600
Mini Classic Rallycross

Besides the new cars, Codemasters also adds a vintage version of the Pikes-Peak hill climb track to the game. Instead of the modern tarmac climb, you will be able to run the former full gravel surface version of the track. And there is more … Three of Colin McRae’s most iconic liveries will be featured in the game including the famous yellow and blue Subaru livery. Furthermore, a set of 21 advanced rally driving video guides will be available to help players get to grips with the art of rallying.

Pre-Order available:
Console gamers can now pre-order the digital edition of DiRT Rally. Doing so, they will receive both the Fully Loaded MINI Pack and the Fully Loaded Rallycross Pack, which unlocks the Mini Classic Rallycross.

Also, a limited DiRT Rally Legend Edition is available for pre-order and will feature the Fully Loaded MINI Pack, which unlocks and fully upgrades the MINI Cooper S from the start of the game and includes an exclusive livery and a unique team mechanic with perks. The limited run DiRT Rally “Legend Edition” includes the full-length feature documentary Colin McRae: Rally Legend.

For the hardcore rally fans, Codemasters provides a super-limited edition DiRT Rally SteelBook, complete with Driver’s Guide. If you would like to pre-order, check out http://www.dirtgame.com

Last but not least, Codemasters have released patch V1.3 for the Steam PC version, featuring a small list of fixes and improvements.
Changelog:
Performance, when the weather is set to Low should improve.
Leagues will now use a set of stock engineers. The option to use Career Engineers as an option will be going live on the website later today.
Various tweaks and fixes for the audio in Sweden.
Rallycross tracks have been allocated more memory, to prevent cases where they forget to load.
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I want that Mini!!!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Awesome! We just need some more stages. Looks like they are still working on content, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more on the way. A new hill climb would be great. I wish there was a bit of a free mode, where you could use any car on any stage or game mode.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Seems to be a gigantor 17GB update for DiRT rally that just got dropped.

WELCOME! Today’s the day our DiRT family gets bigger – so hello console players! Strap yourselves in, because it’s going to be a thrilling ride.  And PC players, welcome to DiRT Rally 1.1 – the new content is unbelievably good fun, so we hope you love and enjoy it.

And surprise! I know you were all expecting the console launch and new content today - but were you expecting CREST, our new telemetry tool?

That’s right - the Codemasters RaceNet Evaluation and Statistics Tool is now live and available on dirtgame.com! PS4 and Xbox One players will be able to access it through the website immediately, whereas PC players will need the latest patch to play with it. However, we’re delighted to finally let you get your hands on it! It’s very cool – so let us tell you a little more about what it offers.

First of all, you’re going to want to know where to access it. Head to dirtgame.com, log into your RaceNet account, and click through to the Dailies data. We’ll be supporting Daily 1 and Daily 2 to begin with, so make sure you get competing in those to make the most out of your new data sets.

When you arrive there, you’ll have a new button under the Leaderboard header – ‘View Telemetry using CREST’. Using this, you can compare your ghost to the fastest time’s ghost – and that comparison covers a range of different inputs and information, including: sector times, racing line, braking, acceleration, speed, and even which gear you’re taking the corner in.

Giving you live feedback from a top-down aerial view, you’ll be able to slow down time and analyse your performance corner by corner. You can choose to have the tracker follow your cars around the map, or you can control your view manually – choosing to focus on particular segments or corners of track.

You’ll also be able to sort users by assists and input – so if you’re starting off with assists and a pad, you’ll be able to gauge your performance against people in the same boat. And, by the same token, if you’re using a wheel without any assists, then you’ll be able to measure yourself against the fastest of your field. Honestly, we could talk about it all day – but the best thing to do is download the patch and see it for yourselves. It holds some incredible data, and the insight it offers should really help you perfect your driving styles.

Oh, and did we mention it’s available and accessible via mobile too? Yes – now you’ll be able to check out your performance on your phone too. Although, mobile access does come with a caution: be prepared for lots of refreshing and it taking over your life. ;)

Of course, with V1.1 comes a whole host of tweaks and fixes – so here are the patch notes:

• Game – A stock engineer team are now used in the Service area for Online Events to prevent some players gaining an advantage. This will also occur in Leagues depending on the settings used.
• UI Fix – Users are now instantly informed and moved onto the next run if they unfortunately Terminally damage their vehicle on the start line of a Hillclimb event.
• Achievement Fix – “I am the 5%” unlocking criteria has now been made clearer.
• Online Fix – When a player enters the pause menu, their vehicle will now instantly ghost.
• UI Fix – Controller disconnection message is now always showing on top of whichever screen you are on at that time.
• Game Fix – Solved an issue when the option to apply the first perk to your Crew Chief was not showing.
• AI Fix – In a Hillclimb event, the AI drivers will now place correctly if they Terminally Damage in their second run.
• Online – Players no longer receive a Clean Race / Appearance bonus if they retire from the event early.
• Game Fix – Fixed an issue where a player takes 2 joker laps in a row and then their 2nd Joker lap icon disappears due to the AI driver entering the Joker lap.
• Vehicles - The threshold for punctures has been increased, making the tyres more resistant to punctures on landings.
• Controls – Players can no longer accidently unbind ‘Gear Up’ and ‘Gear Down’ controls when re-assigning buttons if they have their preferential transmission set as Automatic.
• COMMUNITY – Car Damage – Car parts will no longer clip through the Lancia Stratos cockpit when damaged.
• COMMUNITY – Animations – Drivers are now shifting correctly when using either of the F2 Kit Cars.
• COMMUNITY – Online Event – Some cars reported by the community should no longer gain an increase in performance after damaging their car exhaust.
• COMMUNITY – Reset Lines - Some reset lines around the tight hairpins on the Monte carlo stage, Route de Turini, have been replaced.
• Audio – Co-driver calls issues for Sweden have been fixed and minor adjustments to other locations.
• Graphics – Corrected an issue where the wrong car kickup VFX was incorrectly being used after completing a stage in Greece.
• Graphics – Crowd members in Sweden are now correctly dressed at all times.
• Exploit – Possible shortcut on the German stage Flugzeugring has been removed.
• Exploit – Users should now no longer have a second try at a daily event after quitting out via ALT+F4.
• Graphics – Lighting issues should now be resolved when using a system with 3+ graphics cards in use.
• Controllers – After using a racing wheel with H pattern transmission in game, upon rebooting and using a controller, the title will now recognise the change and change the transmission type accordingly.
• Replays – Car reset points are now the same when viewing a replay as they are in game, removing the possibility of collision issues when watching a replay in slow motion.
• Game – Custom Events now use a stock Team of engineers in the service area at all times.
• Game – Hillclimb – AI drivers who terminally damage in their 2nd run will now be correctly placed in the final results screen.
• Controller – Issue where the players controller will continuously rumble during the pre-race sequence for a rallycross event no longer occurs.
• Leaderboards – Players who use a non-standard character as the first letter of their driver name will now be shown correctly in an events leaderboard.
• Controls – Gear up/ Gear down can now be assigned controls when the user has set their transmission type to automatic.

Finally, thank you so much for sticking with us on this wild, bumpy, thrilling ride that is DiRT Rally. Your honest feedback, enthusiasm and engagement with us and the game has been utterly wonderful - and we can’t thank you enough. You’ve helped make the game what it is today, and for that, we’re truly grateful. Now today’s arrived, we can’t wait to share it with the world.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Not sure why but Dex's post didn't mention the new content...?
New Cars
– Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak
– Renault 5 Turbo
– Renault Alpine A110
– Opel Corsa Super 1600
– Peugeot 207 S1600
– Renault Clio S1600
– Mini Classic Rallycross

New Track
– Historic Pikes Peak

Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Oh wow! Thanks! I just copied and pasted from steam. Makes that 17GB feel more worth while :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

So I bought this for the xbox... I have zero talent and blinding ambition but after just 30 mins on the xbox I bought it for the pc. This and AC are the reasons I play games. It's just so much fun!! Even if I have rolled my mini 86'000 times on the preview stages, I can't wipe the smile off my face. Arma 3, Ac and Dirt Rally should see me though until christmas... hopefully :)

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Any suggestions re setting wheel up for this? rs500

;)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

CJ, I've a fanatec wheel, but I have not had to change anything - it was all good by default.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Rgr that. I will pull the wheel out this weekend. Should be rally good... :D

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have hinted that June should bring the highly anticipated Oculus Rift 1.3 support for the top selling DiRT Rally.

In the latest blog post from the team responsible for the newest DiRT game, the folks over at Codemasters have confirmed Oculus Rift 1.3 support is in the advanced stages of development and should be released to the public in the near future. With a new update due to hit the game in the next few weeks, Codemasters have decided to split the patch into two parts in order to bring some enhancements live earlier than if 1.3 support was to be included in the full update.

With no solid date set for either the initial patch or Rift support, Codemasters have indicated fans should expect the update in early June with the following Rift 1.3 support patch to follow "fairly soon after".

Interesting features of the upcoming patch are the application of motion blur to the bonnet camera and in replays, as well as fixes for rain effects displaying incorrectly on some AMD cards for PC players of the title. Other global updates for console and PC versions will include AI adjustments to the Classic and S1600 classes, as well as some working going in to removing the excessive knocking effect some wheel users experience when playing with the Rallycross class vehicles.

Although not a full preview of the new patch, it appears that Codemasters are still hard at work developing DiRT Rally as it continues to lead the way for rally games on PC and console.

In other fun DiRT Rally news, the studio have revealed that players have now amassed an incredible 198.4 million miles in game! That's an impressive amount of in game time for a title that simply just arrived in Early Access last year without warning and went on to become a firm fan favourite, showing the gaming industry that Codemasters are still capable of producing first class racing games.

See below the latest DiRT Rally video from Codemasters entitled "Accolades". At just over 60 seconds in length "Accolades" showcases some choices vehicles with quotes and accolades from various reviews and experiences of DiRT Rally:
Dukester

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Anyone keen for another dirt rally league now we've got a few more cars and tracks to play with?

It's not as much fun beating T. Weber from Germany and O. Okawalinga from Kenya
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I'm just waiting on rift support before I get stuck into it. Though based on the performance with DK2 I may need a new video card to run it.
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Enforcer-J wrote:Anyone keen for another dirt rally league now we've got a few more cars and tracks to play with?
I'm game.
I beat Boxhead in a weekly challenge once (by 7 seconds), I reckon I could take on the world now! (Except for the 560 odd people who beat me).
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So I just got this and my first go was in Greece, stage 1 in a Lanica 037 :eyepop: Not much of that car left :D

Then I found rally cross and damn that's fun! :vibes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I'll be in for a league. I'm loving this game
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

League is go!
2000's cars
3 events of 6 stages (Sweden, Finland, Monaco)
A week to complete at your leisure with events due for completion Monday nights

Have at it.

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/lea ... rse-champs
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm in!

I'm really enjoying this but I am slow with so much to learn. Just did the first open champ in a mini and got third overall. But unsure what to buy next. I really like the Peugeot 306 maxi F2 kit car but I'm thinking I should go '70's and '80's RWD first before it to get to grips with it more. But then to play through in order might be fun too. It's a great game! :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.