DiRT Rally

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Re: DiRT Rally

Post by VTRacing »

I have to try and get to this...so you can all kick my arse.
:teach:
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

I'm two stages into the first event and I think I've killed about 10 spectators....
I forgot how brutal this game was.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I need a lay down after that first event! :fall:

I did some barrel rolls, 1500 point turns ect... Felt like a beast after the mini! Bloody great fun though! :vibes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

DarrenM wrote:I'm just waiting on rift support before I get stuck into it. Though based on the performance with DK2 I may need a new video card to run it.
Codemasters confirmed that their excellent off-road sim “DIRT Rally” will receive official Oculus Rift VR support sometime next week.

Virtual Reality support will enable the Oculus Rift CV1 owners to immerse themselves even further and experience the thrill of what it’s like to be inside a rally-car cockpit. Codemasters accompanied their announcement with a new official trailer showing us some VR rally action.

At the time of writing, Codemasters have not yet confirmed support for the HTC Vive headset, though official support has been rumored to be in the works. Also, Sony Interactive Entertainment listed Codemasters as one of the developers working on titles to support their PlayStation VR HMD headset. While not confirmed, DIRT Rally might be one of them.

DiRT Rally VR will be released at the Oculus Rift Store on 11th July. Existing PC players will receive an update patch on the same day.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Looking forward to it. First time I played the game was in VR driving Mini at night in the rain. It was pretty intense. Especially after I crashed and smashed out one of the headlights. Driving at night makes it easier to forget you're wearing a headset :)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Holy cow that would be intense. Imagine being all crossed up in the wet, relying on the side window for vision yet its covered in water drops. Or at night with your headlights shining in the wrong direction. :D
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

WAH :rolleyes2: ..... I want it all, NOW! :bow:
balls & boobs. . .
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Finland would make me vomit if I had a rift. Crest jump, Crest jump, Crest jump... It's like the damn place is made of corrugated iron!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Just done my rally at Sweden. Such a rad game, hope more people on here catch on and join this league. so easy to just jump on and race at your own leisure
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Ive tried and i suck lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Shaun wrote:Ive tried and i suck lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
try again
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I think Dirt Rally could be one of the biggest showcases for VR... it's immersive as it is!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I did my run this morning, fairly happy with it apart from having to do the occasional 3 point turn thanks to the snow banks turning me around. I got finland and sweden mixed up, so I was surprised when I realised I hadnt driven these courses before and had to switch from ahhh crest! mode to ahhh bank! mode lol
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I spent so much time in the banks on stage 1 lol. probably wouldn't of hurt to do a recce. Then some on roof action on stage 2, after that was not too bad though, looking forward to next round.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I work up a real sweat playing dirt rally. All the constant sawing at the wheel and the concentration, it's a work out! :eyepop:
Kubic455

Post by Kubic455 »

Thanks Enforcer, great idea.
I have signed up, started the first rally's 2 leading rounds... I also did a few 360s off the snow banks, certainly is fun...

ps I'm Lemmy Caution in Dirt Rally. (A lot of turns and bumps etc are named after me... " left 3, Caution", "...100 bumps, Caution" :lol:
Kubic455 (aka Flattop)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

New content coming to DR? Steam just started downloading a 10.2GB update here. :eyepop:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Ouch, I was just coming here to say I might join this comp since the weather has been so shit I havnt been riding as much as I want. 10gb will take me a while to download.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I know what I'll be doing in an hour and a half :)

Surely they have 'forgotten' to tell us something?
Hi all,

Version 1.2 of DiRT Rally has arrived, bringing with it Oculus Rift support! If you have an Oculus kit, here are some top tips to make the most of your new DiRT experience...

• To get the game to boot in VR, simply plug in your Oculus headset before you press Play in Steam.
• We don’t recommend you turn on VR in the Steam Client, as doing so will disable the Steam Overlay on the desktop image of the game.
• To re-centre your view, just hit the Left Ctrl key.
• We have added configurable options in the HUD settings in order to reduce motion sickness, which are active by default. We’ve also given each track a comfort rating as a guide to help control motion sickness.
• DK2 does work with the VR version of DiRT Rally.
In terms of fixes, it’s a very short list – but this is one that will improve some of your replays no end:
• Graphics - Motion blur being applied to AI cars.
As always, please let us know if you’ve got any feedback about this patch in the usual places – like here, on our Codemasters forums, or on Reddit – but we hope you enjoy the update!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

What the hell do they add to need 10 freaking gb's of download! I might get to try it by the end of the week at best!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I cant see any new content :/
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Enforcer-J wrote:League is go!
2000's cars
3 events of 6 stages (Sweden, Finland, Monaco)
A week to complete at your leisure with events due for completion Monday nights

Have at it.

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/lea ... rse-champs
Balls, I think I messed up. I already had this league in my list so joined the event. It wasn't Sweden so quit after stage 2 when i realised there were no other names on the leader board. Now its saying ive completed and to wait 6 days for the next event. But as today is Monday I think I was in Finland and I was expecting Sweden so quit on stage 2. BALLS...
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

It changes straight over to the next one after the previous event! Sorry I should have been more clear :/
Ill have a look tomorrow and see if I can tweak something that may allow you to race again without effecting others. Im thinking allowing restarts will do the job and ill turn it back off once your in.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Just had a look, I cant alter the season once its underway... balls indeed sorry mate.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I probably should have tried the game out and sorted out my controls before signing up to the league and starting runs. Oh well. Half the time I don't know what buttons are what on the wheel. I just kept pressing buttons until it advanced to the next stage.

I'd have to say it's weird to play on a flat screen after doing all my racing over the last month in the Rift. Will have to try out this new rift support too.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]