Re: DiRT Rally

Post by DexterPunk »

Holy shitballs!! Finland is full on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

DexterPunk wrote:Holy shitballs!! Finland is full on!!

I'm sure I've posted this before, but this is one of my favourite bits of Finland incar showing just how crazy the Ouninpohja stage is. This was Solberg in 2004 in the Subaru:

:teach:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

"Faster from here" :o

So cool!

I recognised bits of this from the stages I was driving last night in game. I really need to learn the intricacies of pace notes a bit more though. I still only really recognise distances to corners and how severe the corner is going to be.

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

How anyone can keep track of the pace notes blows my mind, I struggled to follow them in the video VT posted and I'm not driving. :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I can usually follow them to a point and my mind starts to wander. I realise I'm driving the corners by site rather than listening. But I feel like getting the timing right in dirt rally is really quite difficult, I have them set to 'early' because sometimes I was being given info too late on normal. Now I'm getting some corners when I'm about to hit the corner before it. I don't think that helps.

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Yeah the timing does not seem to take the corners, or your speed into account - maybe it just works on distance. I'm in the same predicament; the normal is often too late, but the early confuses the hell out of me more often than not.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

That's why we use people as co-drivers in real rallies, not machines.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

hmmm makes me think playing a co-op rally sim where one player reads you pace notes would be kinda cool... or maybe that wouldn't be too fun for the co-driver haha. I guess you could always swap each stage, but it's not really a simulation then I suppose.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Ill read the pacenotes for you Dex! Very long easy right, into drivethrough, 6 beers, over crest and off cliff. Woops sorry!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Not far from accurate anyway I reckon.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exactly the way I do it! :)

I wonder how many times did he try. This definitely isn't his first run.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Think it was 10th or so, faster every time.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

33% off on Steam. Should I?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Bargain!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

:rally:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

smithcorp wrote:33% off on Steam. Should I?
it's good fun :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released their V0.9 update dubbed Modern Masters for the DiRT Rally early access version.

The Modern Masters update will introduce the Citroën C4 Rally 2010 and the Ford Focus RS Rally 2007 to the Dirt Rally 2000s class. Also, the R4 class is created and adds the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X and the Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2011 to the game. Additionally, the Group B 4WD and Group A classes have received the latest handling updates. V0.9 also adds some of the most community requested features such as stage distances & elevations, manual headlights & windscreen wipers to name a few. As usual the update also fixes a number of known issues.

Check the changelog below for the full list of added content, features, fixes and improvements.
Changelog:
New R4 class with 2 cars (Subaru Impreza WRX STI & Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X)
2 new cars added to 2000s class (Ford Focus RS Rally & Citroën C4 Rally)
v.2 Car Handling on R4, Group B 4WD and Group A

Additions and Community Requests:
Stage distance and elevation is now shown in stage information screen
Steering rotation in cockpit now matches actions of player when the driver arms are not shown.
Manual control for headlights and wipers
New liveries featured on some cars including the Repsol livery on the Lancia Delta
Countdown timer added for the last 60 seconds of a Rallycross race
Grid Order and Assists added to session options in PVP
Player preferences is now available in the Lobby and Online Service Area

Fixes:
Fixed the CPU detection so the correct thread strategy is chosen for your PC. This fixes the stuttering issues that we may have introduced in v0.8, sorry about that!
The achievement “Visceral… but in the correct meaning of the word” is now only unlockable when meeting the required criteria. This should mean it is a proper challenge to unlock again.
The timing of some co-driver calls for Finland have been adjusted, they won’t be as early in some places. Also, they’ve got a bit braver so they’ve raised their volume a bit too.
Advanced Custom Wheel configurations are now saving correctly, Clutch deadzone and saturation settings will now be saved with wheel settings too. Yay!.
Animal protection services have been on the phone so we’ve had to move the wildlife on some stages to safety.
Issues with systems crashing at the start of a stage when using AMD Crossfire are now resolved.
The game will save after you receive your rewards from online events – yeah, they didn’t do that before.
Fixed a crash that would occur if you exited to the menus in a Rallycross event at the semi-finals .
Fixed the Logitech G29 actionmap so you can navigate the menus correctly – we finally got hold of one to test it out.
Fixed repair puncture OSD text remaining on screen after the player retires.
Fixed the wrong points being displayed for entrants when any of the reverse grid options were enabled in PvP.
“Gotta Get Me One of These” and “Any Given Sunday” achievements both now unlock when completed in any relevant online event.
Spectating another player crash at high speed in PVP will no longer break the camera changing system.
The mouse cursor will now hide when the mouse is not moved for a short period of time, solving the issue where the mouse cursor would remain on screen when played in windowed mode.
AI difficulty levels should now be working within league play.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Now if you're really inclined here is the 1hr dev show about it.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters are preparing to release the Winter Wonderland update for their Dirt Rally title. If the rumours are correct we will see the Steam update appear somewhere next week.

The Winter Wonderland update pack will let you rally the snowy forests of Sweden and will be including two new cars. The Volkswagen Polo Rally and the Hyundai Rally will be part of the update, where both cars will compete in the 2010s class.

To give users without the necessary credits a chance to test the cars straight away, Codemasters will include Daily Events that feature the cars during the entire week.

To thank all the Early Acces supporters, Codemasters has granted the Founder status to every person that bought and played the game so far this year. The Founder status will be marked with a crown on the leaderboards, both in the game and on DiRTGame.com. All the members will receive a custom DiRT Rally livery on their 1995 Subaru Impreza.

A selection of Dirt Rally members who have been very active on the social media channels have received a DiRT VIP status and therefore, will see a VIP icon appear next to your name in the leaderboard. These members will also receive three unique liveries for one car in each discipline in the game.

As far as the official release date of Dirt Rally is concerned, things are getting a little confusing. Codemasters initially mentioned that the full launch of the game was scheduled for November or December this year. At this time, the Codemasters development teams hinted that the Early Acces version is here to stay for at least a few weeks.

On the other hand, the German Amazon website leaked the box art for the physical distribution version and published a December 8 release date. Time will tell.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

n April of this year, the DIRT Rally title appeared unexpectedly as an Early Access game. While the original expectations for the game were rather low, Codemasters have surprised everyone by punching at a much higher level than expected.
After being the most popular Early Access racing game of the last year, Codemasters has now released the full version of DiRT Rally and also deployed the Winter Wonderland update. The PlayStation4, Xbox One and Windows PC – DVD hard copy will be released on April 5th, 2016.
Codemasters also included the Winter Wonderland update which is bringing us a new rally to compete in. The new rally stages are set in snow and ice of the Varmland region of Sweden. The Dirt Rally development team worked hard on their soft edge technology to simulate the density of snow in order to replicate the car’s behaviour when leaning on the snow banks.
The Winter Wonderland update also features two new rally cars in the form of the Hyundai Rally and the Volkswagen Polo Rally. Players are now able to share Car Setup & Force Feedback settings via the Steam Workshop. Last but not least, various improvements and refinements are made to the Global Leaderboards and League support system.
Dirt Rally contains 39 rally cars and a total of 70 courses, including the famed Pikes Peaks Hillclimb, the muddy Wales and dusty roads in Greece and since today the snowy stages of Sweden. Codemasters stated that the will supply DIRT Rally owners with regular new content and updates.
Until December 14th, you will be able to purchase DIRT Rally on Steam with a 15% discount for a modest €38,24. (Normal Price €44.99) Prices for the console versions and PC hardcopy are not yet known.

Changelog:
You can now tune your immersion levels by customising your OSD options, choosing between On, Countdowns Only and Off.
The Logitech G29 wheel is now correctly listed in the controller preset menu.
Custom Championships now reward you with the correct number of credits.
There’s a new EULA to sign when you boot the game, which asks you to kindly behave yourself when you’re playing with others.
Your favourite pet mouse has learnt a new trick, and can now change the livery on your car.
If you own an Owner’s Club event, you will now correctly own the Owned achievement.
If you pledge a wedge to an online Wager Event and the event ends while you’re on stage, we’ll give you your CR back.
Your Oculus Rift can now be toggled to lock the horizontal orientation. Look for a flag in the hardware configuration file.
Sliders on the Advanced Racing Wheel Options screen now increment at the same rate as the Steering and Pedal calibration screen.
Your Service Crews are back from their training course and will now correctly setup your car for multi-location events.
Stopped one set of Rallycross results from appearing on a Rally leaderboard.
You no longer need to hold the headlight control to activate your lights. You can now just tap that.
Windows accounts with accented and non-latin characters will now correctly save game settings.
Fixed a weird bug where the camera would briefly flick back to the default position at the start of a stage after customising the seat position.
@Kick_Up will now politely and calmly inform you if your wheels fall off, and if you’re going the wrong way.

The video below shows us a the Volkswagen Polo in action on the Swedish Rally. ( Video by Pierre Simonsson )

Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yay! Sweden!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Seems familiar...

Will has some talent, and he'll tell you all about it.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

good lord i reposted it from the same page.