Round 3 - Beemer Bash - 20th May - LuccaRing

Racing league forum for all different games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Round 3 - Beemer Bash - 20th May - LuccaRing

Post by norbs »

Please enter here... http://www.aacl.net.au/beemer-bash/

Server - AACL BB
Password - arse

Track - Luccaring - http://directo.it/luccaring/en/download/

TeamSpeak server - aacl.teamspeak3.com:9672
Password - arse

Qualifying starts at 8:30PM and is only 8 minutes.

Race 1 - Rolling start. 5 laps

Race 2 - Rolling start. Reverse Grid. 10 laps.

Start line for rolling start if given the go ahead by race leader.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
renesis37

Re: Round 3 - Beemer Bash - 20th May - LuccaRing

Post by renesis37 »

Cool looking track.. I am unable to make the race again, I am getting my real car ready for a track day at a mates house.

Good luck.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I'll be there early.......so I can learn the track.

Let the chaos flow!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Lol same
hylas

Post by hylas »

Do we have any spots available? I got a friend that bought AC recently.
norbs

Post by norbs »

hylas wrote:Do we have any spots available? I got a friend that bought AC recently.
I will go out on a limb and say we will have a shitload of spots.
hylas

Post by hylas »

Thanks Norbs, I'll pass on the details for him if his keen tonight.
bilharzia

Post by bilharzia »

Hey guys
Can't make it tonight
Bloody work...
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

I will be there!
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Actually I won't be able to make it tonight. Just remembered I will be going out with a few guys after work. Sorry for the confusion.
bilharzia

Post by bilharzia »

renesis37 wrote:Cool looking track.. I am unable to make the race again, I am getting my real car ready for a track day at a mates house.

Good luck.
Must be a big house - or small cars.
rollabearing

Post by rollabearing »

I'm in guys!
slow069

Post by slow069 »

Myself and Box Tart will be there
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Dealt with stuttering and warping all night. Kind of tried to settle for position and stay out the way but people were making mistakes and making it all too tempting to pass.
Things seemed to settle with the warping and decided to attack box and then it struck again :( things should be different with a new connection next week... I hope so cos it is causing a problem for others every week and sapping the fun out of it not being able to race close.

Where is everyone by the way? LFS was getting 4 full servers early in the AAL days and here we were with half a server. :/
norbs

Post by norbs »

Enforcer-J wrote: Where is everyone by the way? LFS was getting 4 full servers early in the AAL days and here we were with half a server. :/
I think AACL is on its deathbed myself. People are older and have busier lives these days. Structured racing that involves practice is beyond most people it seems. Not much we can do. Friday nights are still going strong.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Didn't do any practice before tonight so was happy my a first and a 2nd. It was a tricky track to learn but what a fantastic Mod.

Thanks for organising Norbs.

No idea about numbers En J. It just seems this forum has moved on from league racing, mostly because life has gotten in the way. I think the days of packed servers here might be a thing of the past.

As long as I have a few blokes to fight with, I'm happy.
Enforcer-J

Re: RE: Re: Round 3 - Beemer Bash - 20th May - LuccaRing

Post by Enforcer-J »

norbs wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote: Where is everyone by the way? LFS was getting 4 full servers early in the AAL days and here we were with half a server. :/
I think AACL is on its deathbed myself. People are older and have busier lives these days. Structured racing that involves practice is beyond most people it seems. Not much we can do. Friday nights are still going strong.
Yeah ive thought about the fact all us arses are aging. Wheres the new generation? Surely theres more aussies out there who'd be interested in organised raging. Theres XGN too but as far as im aware they're only running 1 server race nights.
Bails MacKenzie

Re: RE: Re: Round 3 - Beemer Bash - 20th May - LuccaRing

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Enforcer-J wrote:Yeah ive thought about the fact all us arses are aging. Wheres the new generation? Surely theres more aussies out there who'd be interested in organised raging. Theres XGN too but as far as im aware they're only running 1 server race nights.
It'd be a lot easier for young guys like me to compete if you old buggers weren't so quick!
I stuck with AACL because it was easier to fire up the pc at 8pm rather than 8am in the old truck racing league, also after a year I'm finally starting to become better at online racing in general, most guys aren't half as thick as I am and probably aren't willing to put the immense time into league races.

Aside from that, tonight was a good race, dodged the crashing cars, crashed into other cars and had a great time attack with Norbs, had to go from 10 seconds behind with 4 laps to go and was 2 seconds away at the finish.
richo

Post by richo »

Some may say I'm whipped but I get one day to play so I do the Fridays and honestly i prefer the not so serious side of racing even though I am still trying my best to go quick and and not fuck others around.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

For me, weekday racing is just plain hard to prepare for. I think it's correct about aging and life etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Well I'm no longer in my 20's (turning 35 this year) and it's hard enough to find time for Assetto Corsa 1 night a week, and it's pushing it for 2. That also means that I end up practising on the night of the race. This is fine on tracks I know, but makes it harder at places I've never been to before (although a fun challenge :) ).

Sadly, gone are the days of spending multiple week nights and weekends preparing for AAL races. Including the mad rush on Sunday nights to improve my pre-qualifying time (thanks to all you sand bagging bastards :D ).

Maybe if we had a week off between rounds it might make it easier for everyone to attend? I know I'm struggling to make it every week (which is why I had to drop out of the BMW series because I can't skip another family dinner with the in-laws).
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

The difficulty I have in finding time for AC has nothing to do with age or responsibility, it has to do with competition from other games. GTA V is stealing a lot of my time at the moment because it doesn't have the equipment set-up overhead that racing sims have. I haven't touch Elite Dangerous or even my old favourite Rise of Flight in months.

Maybe we just need more people to know AACL exists. Is mention ever made of AACL outside of the ARSE forums?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

Good point Astro. Box mentioned the fact that it is every week makes it difficult to last night. We will take that on board.

I hear you Cursed. I am really enjoying Pcars at the moment. So much more polish than AC. Racing Righty, Box and Slow last night at Snetterton at night in a thunderstorm was awesome fun.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

As far as practice goes, I dont think theres many of us at all that put much in. I do some an hour before the race to learn the track and I havent touched a setup. Its nothing like the AAL days! That was serious shit. Guys in the 3rd division would spend days practicing!
I just hope people arent racing as they dont have time to practice and feel like they wont be competitive or have fun, then excuses like Cursed mentioned about equipment make it easy to dismiss racing. I know I have felt like that before but now I dont dwell on it and just go race I reckon im faster lol.