ARK: Survival Evolved

General game chat
Shonky

ARK: Survival Evolved

Post by Shonky »

Hey guys, just thought I'd ask if anyone else has been giving this a nudge? Myself, Santaria and his brother have been playing it pretty consistently since release.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: ARK: Survival Evolved

Post by r8response »

Gave it a bash... Kind of glad Steam implemented the refund system.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

It's definitely early access, but it holds it's own at the moment. There's generally patches through the week with a big one at the end. There is a grindy phase probably around the level 35-40 mark I reckon but once you get past that it opens up better crafting to help you along. The servers are a bit iffy and they go great one week and laggy the next but they're working on them a lot.

I've definitely blown a lot of hours with Shonky and Syncanix on this, that's for sure. We're on official server 170 in spawn East Zone 1.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

My 8yr old wants to play it.. Is it suitable for an 8yr old?
eek
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

It's possibly ok for an 8 year old, but I wouldn't put them on a public server for a second, the official servers are open season with no moderation at all.

I'm not sure how they would go with the gathering of things too, creative mode is pretty much non existent at this point unless you type in some long console commands, also your 8 yo will need a pretty good system to run it comfortably at even low graphics settings.

You can always use the refund avenue if you don't like it, but keep an eye on the 2 hour timer, it doesn't take long to lose track of time if you get into it.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Thanks mate,

I think I'll try to keep him going on Minecraft
eek