Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

General game chat
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:

3 words.

Friday Night Fun!!!!!!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i can't think of a category more suitable for FNF
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

"Sorry guys but we might not be able to get this out today as we´d planned Took us a bit longer than expected to get the build uploaded and Valve has changed their approval processes so it´s unlikely they will get it greenlit before next week (they don´t approve during or allow releases on saturday or sunday).
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

This has come up to be installed in my Steam list today. Downloading now!
Hello :aussie:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:
Duke wrote:
3 words.

Friday Night Fun!!!!!!

Oh boy, that looks like a hoot. I was thinking it needs jumps, then BAM!!!
If only we cold add jumps like in the LFS days, you could make some mental tracks for those trucks.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs

Post by norbs »

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Jumping flat isn't as easy as it looks in the videos is it :P
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios have released a new build for their Early Access version of the Automobilista Racing Simulator on the Steam platform.
This new build mainly contains a list of fixes and improvements. Check the changelog below for more details.

Furthermore, Reiza Studios proudly announced that they now have their own official forums. With this new exclusive forum, Reiza hopes to improve the interaction with the sim racing community, offering users the best place to discuss ideas, provide suggestions, organize races and gather solutions for eventual issues.
Check out http://forum.reizastudios.com/

Main changelog (Build March/09):
Changed FFB levels and adjusted default settings both for better clarity as well as improving their default settings: instead of Low/Medium/High/Full, now Pure 360hz/Pure 180hz/Pure + Effects 1 / Pure + Effects 2 / Pure + Effects 3. Pure 360hz is the recommended for purest & higher fidelity FFB; Pure 180hz may be better suited for high-end wheels with performance issues triggered by the high rates; The others add levels of extra “canned” effects from the game engine also set to 180 hz to avoid performance issues
Updated Java version for better compatibility with Win10 systems
Corrected errors with DynHUD fuel widget scaling & displays with imperial units
Initial pass of updated TV overlay graphics (still very early)
Various UI corrections
Max Framerate set to 120 by default for new profiles (consistent FPS is important to minimize tearing / stuttering)
Fixed bug with settings not being saved in the controller.ini when they should
Adjusted default AMS Config settings: Full Screen; remove advanced FSAA options as they don’t work; set to desktop resolution rather than 1920×1080 (please run Config again if you had any issues)
Added a message to the in-game lobby so people are aware the matchmaker needs to be accessed from the Steam client for now
Corrected various championship schedules & default rules for various series
Enhanced tire skid and scrub volume calculation and updated tire sounds for all cars accordingly
Scaled down Rental Kart chassis to more accurate dimensions
Reduced default mirror resolution marginally & adjusted Mirrors and cockpit POV for F301 & FV10
Fixed F-V10 rear right tire UV mapping
Fixed missing safety roll cage bar for Honda Civic external model
Corrected mirror positions in Lancer R & RS
Corrected Indian Momentum team not showing up for the F-Extreme
Fixed omni on chicane road meshes and added collision mesh to fence inside final turns for Taruma.
Fixed error with Lancer Rallycross in lower detail settings
Fixed CTD with lower circuit detail settings at Inter kart layouts
Fixed Foz pit lane layout causing excessive rattling
Fixed Interlagos DRS & tire rules
Small physics improvements to Supertruck, Lancer Rallycross & F-Extreme
Fixed electronic driving aids being incorrectly enabled for F-V12
Several minor AIW corrections for newer layouts
Fixed F-V10 head physics
Enabled refueling for F-V10
Disabled advanced transmission code for sequential boxes until further developments
Minor AI behavior adjustments & improvements
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios has released a new build for their Early Access version of the Automobilista Racing Simulator on the Steam platform.
Besides the regular list of fixes and improvements, this new V0.8.6r build also introduces several new UI improvements and a new ‘Player Level’ option that lets you select a difficulty level after you created a new profile.

Main changelog (Build V0.8.6r):
Improved support for Windows User Account Control – now all user-generated files should be stored in MyDocs\Automobilista folder. Users with UAC on will be prompted to create a new profile (if you disable UAC or run as admin however it will still use game folder)
Added option to select PLAYER LEVEL after new profile creation (can be changed later from the difficulty menu) – CASUAL / ADVANCED / HARDCORE: depending on level selected, the default settings will be customized accordingly for various Difficulty / Controls / Display options
Several new UI improvements & adjustments + version number added to bottom right corner of main menu
Further adjusted tire scrub volume calculation, default settings & added Tire Volume Slider to the AUDIO menu
Some DynHUD improvements for better stability (& pedal cursors now optional from the editor)
Fixed bug with vehicle labels not working
Fixed bug with FFB level selection sometimes not sticking
Added a FFB Reset function whenever a session is (re)started (to try prevent issues with users occasionally losing FFB)
Implemented advanced transmission code for all cars with dog-type sequential boxes (Marcas, SuperV8, MR18, Lancer RS, Shifter and Superkart) now featuring ignition cut-off (AKA powershift) in upshifts; if engine / drivetrain RPM mismatch is too great, gear change is not accepted
Downshift protection also added to prevent engine over-revving in semi-auto boxes;
Added option for manual gear shift override in cars with autoshift electronic aids (such as F-V10 & Camaro SS)
Adjusted flatspotting range (slightly more sensitive than previous version)
Fixed bug with Mini autoshift driving aid not working correctly
Removed launch control being left mistakenly enabled in F3 & Supertruck
Tweaked fast line at chicane in second half of lap of Salvador to minimize cars rolling
Fixed foggy cockpit windshield in Lancer RS
Fixed bug with Renault Fluence LOD in night lighting
Various AI adjustments to generally improve their behavior & performance
Added a few missing helmet skins + corrected alpha channels for another lot of them
Fixed digital LCDs not working in Indian Momentum F-Extreme cars

A hotfix came up a couple of hours after initial release to fix a couple of errors (wrong AppID for the matchmaker & Supertruck AI going bonkers on ramps). Please restart Steam to update to get these fixes if you had updated earlier.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

I spent some time setting this up tonight.

What a terrific little game. Racing the Minis had me fucked until i realised you have to change gears using the clutch, which was piss funny trying to heel and toe.

Will be giving it some more time me thinks.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Bathurst mod is not bad.

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

It will be fantastic once they get the interface and stuff sorted.. I know it doesn't look good and the interface is old, the physics are top notch and some of the content is cool (GO KARTS!).

Just watch out, it adjusts the wheel rotation of the wheel software so you go into another game and its not a 900/1080! (caught me out once).
norbs

Post by norbs »

Controversy ahead.

I reckon this is just as good a sim as AC.

Go and drive the Formula vee. The FFb is sublime.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

The controversy is that you think AC is even close to this :lol:
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

I am kidding, the both have their strengths.. Get some people and do an FNF in stadium trucks and shifter Karts. Would be great, not sure you can do them at the same time though.

Have you driven any of the new iRacing cars?? the Formula Renault 2.0 is pretty special, it feels like Niels from Rieza Studios has done the physics. Even the FFB is quite good after the tyres warm up. I hope they don't fuk it up with future updates like they do with other cars in iRacing.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: RE: Re: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

Post by Duke »

renesis37 wrote:The controversy is that you think AC is even close to this :lol:
Ah ha the biggest controversy is he thinks nothing is like AC or better. :lol:
Dukester

norbs

Re: RE: Re: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:
renesis37 wrote:The controversy is that you think AC is even close to this :lol:
Ah ha the biggest controversy is he thinks nothing is like AC or better. :lol:

Nothing is at the moment. And given the issues you poor bastards have had on your premium paid service, you know i am right. iRacing, the telstra of race sims. :D (double burn)

pCars doesnt do triples properly. Neither does AMS. But that formula vee is awesome sauce.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios have unveiled the future DLC & membership scheme for their Automobilista title that is currently part of Steam’s Early Access.

The new plans add another level to the already somewhat complex purchase & membership options regarding the new title. To recap, members of Reiza’s summer crowdfunding campaign got early beta access to Automobilista, as well as access to a special private beta forum.

Starting with the title’s availability on Steam Early Access, the general public was invited to purchase and play the title even though development is not finished. Now, Reiza has announced a new membership scheme that will basically allow new customers to get the same perks as crowdfunding backers.

Called Reiza Membership All Inclusive, the membership package gives purchasers the same perks as crowdfunding backers, including access to the beta forum and access to beta version before they hit Steam Access. The package also includes all future DLC content, with the membership package serving as what is usually known as a “Season Pass” in the gaming world.

The All Inclusive Membership costs $49.99, including the full version of Automobilista. Sim racers who have already purchased can purchase an upgrade pack to get the same status for $19.99. Click for full details on this Reiza Membership All Inclusive offer.

Finally Reiza is planning to release DLC content on a monthly basis, including several new tracks as venues such as Imola, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, Brands Hatch, Hockenheim and a Hillclimb stage have been mentioned, several of them coming in both modern & historical versions.
Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i'm having a ball with the GX390 race karts. The 125 karts are fun but it's like you're on fast forward, so you're reflexes need to be sharp. But the 390's are gangs of fun. You really have to learn not to let it bog down too much otherwise all your speed is gone.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios has released Build v0.8.7r of their Early Access version of the Automobilista Racing Simulator on the Steam platform.
This new build can be regarded as a small hotfix patch addressing a few issues that came up after the previous Automobilista update was released.

Main changelog (Build v0.8.7r ):
Added a function to split “Automobilista” and “Automobilista Beta” server listings in Steam matchmaker
Reverted FFB reset Function added in v0.8.6 (hopefully addressing issues with controllers stop working altogether in some systems after switching sessions)
Fixed spinner arrow functionality in UI
Fixed logFolder initialization for DynHUD editor
Fixed a couple of errors & fine-tuned functionality for sequential boxes & downshift protection in semi-automatic ones
Salvador: Fixed first pit box having wrong direction arrow.
Velopark: Fixed lack of working decals on pit stands and team trucks
Rental Kart: corrected collision and shadow mesh
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

renesis37 wrote:A bit long winded but worth watching if you are interested... ARSE should do a series in this thing if enough people get the game.

Might have convinced me to buy this when I can. Looks like fun! :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

F1 (FIA?) seems to be going full ham on website / developers that even remotely have anything to do with F1

http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/a ... steam.284/
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

From this account it appears to be coming from the F1 Management Group... They've even attacked mods related to the officially licensed Codemasters games. :(

http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/23/f ... lares-war/
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Explains why it came off sale on steam then.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

as much as it sucks, i can see why they're complaining. AMS didn't exactly disguise the cars or team names.