Don Bradman Cricket 14

General game chat
Dr. Pain

Don Bradman Cricket 14

Post by Dr. Pain »

I thought I'd buy this and give it a crack, belt 6's for fun, take bags of wickets and just smash records! Turns out my real life cricketing skills transfer to the game and I'm shit! :rofl:

Batting: I spent the first 20 mins in the game with bowling machine and I could not hit it, not even once! Couldn't lay bat on a basketball! The only shot I've played so far in 3 games of Sheffield shield and a 1 day game, was a square cut and I fucking murdered it to the fence. But that's it. I am going to smash a record for the most ducks ever as I've had 3 ready. Victoria declares before I bat at 11 :rofl:

Bowling: Much better for me. Made myself a 195cm 16 yo in the game and I my stock seamer is about 146 kph. My first game v's Queensland I took 6 for in the game with a 5 for 37 in the second innings. I got the hang of yorkers fast and don't give many runs. I've badged a few batsman already, one by the name of Hughes :D

So far I am enjoying it a lot but batting is frustrating and will take a lot of time to get right. Think I should have called myself Rubbish Binni. As a bowler you get two meters, one for the jump and one for release, release dictates the line you are bowling. But as a batsman, you get nothing. You have to judge it and it's hard. You field too but I tend to skip that so I can bowl.

It's a fun game but frustrating. I don't know of any cricket games out there but this will keep me going to a long time, especially when you can save at any time and it only needs a controller. I use an xbox controller.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Bauer

Re: Don Bradman Cricket 14

Post by Bauer »

Haha good stuff

So you dont play as the whole team? Just an individual?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
--------------
Stu
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

You slot into a team as a player. If you're a batsman you pick your spot to bat. Same for bowlers but on field you get the ball random. I'm not a captain so maybe you can pick who bowls there. But you can play in so many teams, I'n with the Vic's but there county cricket, big bash, IPL, tests, ODI's, even historic tests where you can play in Bradman's team in different years.

Here's an idea of what happens

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Game is awesome but damn it's hard. Have played a fair bit on xbox one but I want it on PS4 as that is where all my time is spent. Feel like playing it during cricket season
Hello :aussie:
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

I played the Demo on steam ages ago and i remember it was so hard. It's still $50USD on steam so im a bit apprehensive as to whether or not its worth that sorta coin.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Best bowling figures then against NSW in a one day game 7 for 15 from 10 overs, 6 overs were maidens.

Starting to bat better too, making a few runs but finding stupid ways to go out. If I can be patient and just drive straight, that works for me.