Zwift.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
hutchy

Re: Zwift.

Post by hutchy »

Ha ha yes steep learning curve this morning.....good fun though.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

CLP wrote:
norbs wrote:Maybe something for you Carl.

Zwift HQ pushed out an update today which includes fixes, upgrades, and some stuff you won’t even notice which is laying the groundwork for things we’ll see very soon!

Notable changes are:

Control of TACX smart trainers over Bluetooth added (via Zwift Mobile Link)
Wish it were that easy.. My trainer is pre "Smart" Series.
It can be controlled via computer, via ANT+, and do all the stuff that the clever new trainers can do (simulate gradients etc), except TACX insist on using a private implementation of ANT+ and similarly insist on not opening up things to allow use on Zwift. Even something as simple as broadcasting the power data so that it can be picked up on a garmin head unit (and potentially be used with Zwift as a basic trainer) has been met with a big fat no.. fuck em :nod:
[i'll have a better read of the update, but i'm not holding my breath :( ]

V and I have been talking about acquiring a wahoo trainer.. though not sure if we'd go with the Kickr or the Snap. I had my heart set on the Kickr, though your impressions of the Snap might be swaying me :P
Unless I have read this wrong Carl there is some good news for you here https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/arti ... ce-control
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Well after a very testing weekend I finally have the Wahoo Snap and Zwift working as it should........its awesome. Thanks Norbs for taking time out to advise and assist me with the trouble shooting much appreciated mate.

I could not get the Snap to calibrate properly, so effectively the resistance was close to double of what it should have been......It made for a very taxing 52km bike ride let me tell you!!

Issue seems to have been the Snap Android app being very hit and miss with its calibration procedure. I pissed it off used an old iPhone and it all calibrated as it should and now works perfectly!! Watch out Norbs the next ride is going to be fun!!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

hutchy wrote:
Unless I have read this wrong Carl there is some good news for you here https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/arti ... ce-control
Probably not.. From the link:
"Tacx has adopted the ANT+ FE-C standard for their Smart line of Trainers (the Bushido Smart and the Vortex Smart, along with their Tour de France versions). "

the key bit being "their Smart line of Trainers" .. mine isn't in that line. I wait in hope that one day they'll release something that enables Zwift to be used on this trainer, but I won't be holding my breath :)
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

hutchy wrote:It made for a very taxing 52km bike ride let me tell you!!
:yikes: jeebus! if I manage 10km on the trainer I'm doing better than average! :P Nice work!
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

CLP wrote:
hutchy wrote:It made for a very taxing 52km bike ride let me tell you!!
:yikes: jeebus! if I manage 10km on the trainer I'm doing better than average! :P Nice work!
It was farrrkin hard work here's the ride https://www.strava.com/activities/598989386 wattage is way out.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

CLP wrote:
hutchy wrote:
Probably not.. From the link:
"Tacx has adopted the ANT+ FE-C standard for their Smart line of Trainers (the Bushido Smart and the Vortex Smart, along with their Tour de France versions). "

the key bit being "their Smart line of Trainers" .. mine isn't in that line. I wait in hope that one day they'll release something that enables Zwift to be used on this trainer, but I won't be holding my breath :)
Bugger sorry I though you had the smart one.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

hutchy wrote:Well after a very testing weekend I finally have the Wahoo Snap and Zwift working as it should........its awesome. Thanks Norbs for taking time out to advise and assist me with the trouble shooting much appreciated mate.

I could not get the Snap to calibrate properly, so effectively the resistance was close to double of what it should have been......It made for a very taxing 52km bike ride let me tell you!!

Issue seems to have been the Snap Android app being very hit and miss with its calibration procedure. I pissed it off used an old iPhone and it all calibrated as it should and now works perfectly!! Watch out Norbs the next ride is going to be fun!!
Saw another report of the S7 being an issue. I wonder if it is just that phone?

I am doing a ride this arvo. And if my internet is still fucked, will do the HDR bunch ride tonight and use my phone as the access point.

I fully expect you and your mate to smash me Hutchy. It wont be a surprise. I am getting used to being smashed by skinny fuckers on Zwift. :p
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote: I am getting used to being smashed by skinny fuckers on Zwift. :p
on the internet, you can be whoever you want to be.. including a skinny fucker :D
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

norbs wrote:I am doing a ride this arvo. And if my internet is still fucked, will do the HDR bunch ride tonight and use my phone as the access point.
What time Norbs?
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

CLP wrote:
on the internet, you can be whoever you want to be.. including a skinny fucker :D
Not in Zwift it takes your height & weight and adjusts your avatar to suit :D
norbs

Post by norbs »

Brett_S wrote:
norbs wrote:I am doing a ride this arvo. And if my internet is still fucked, will do the HDR bunch ride tonight and use my phone as the access point.
What time Norbs?
probably jump on at 6PM and do a few laps before the 7PM bunch ride.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

norbs wrote:
hutchy wrote:Well after a very testing weekend I finally have the Wahoo Snap and Zwift working as it should........its awesome. Thanks Norbs for taking time out to advise and assist me with the trouble shooting much appreciated mate.

Saw another report of the S7 being an issue. I wonder if it is just that phone?

I am doing a ride this arvo. And if my internet is still fucked, will do the HDR bunch ride tonight and use my phone as the access point.

I fully expect you and your mate to smash me Hutchy. It wont be a surprise. I am getting used to being smashed by skinny fuckers on Zwift. :p
Being that the S7 in new possible........however people with S5 & S6 were also having issues.

He he not out to smash you Norbs just some friendly (possibly aerobically painful) fun :p
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

hutchy wrote:
CLP wrote:
Not in Zwift it takes your height & weight and adjusts your avatar to suit :D
including the "typo" you made when you entered your weight, correct? ;)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Added...

http://zwiftblog.com/verified-zwift-strava-segments/

Might be good for fortnightly challenges.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

norbs wrote:
Brett_S wrote:
What time Norbs?
probably jump on at 6PM and do a few laps before the 7PM bunch ride.
Righto - bit late, I'll be on around 4 - 4.15 for an hour or so.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
norbs

Post by norbs »

Brett_S wrote:

ok. see you about 4:40ish. :)
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

norbs wrote:
Brett_S wrote:

ok. see you about 4:40ish. :)
I'll test out Teamspeak on the phone if you're on there as well :) Not sure if it will work with my bluetooth headset
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Planning a ride tonight should be on line around 5:30 Perth time if anyone is keen.......I know that may be a little late for some on the east coast.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

This link explains all of the symbols next to riders names for those who are curious.
norbs

Post by norbs »

hutchy wrote:This link explains all of the symbols next to riders names for those who are curious.
Which link? :)

I might be around tonight for a ride.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

norbs wrote:
hutchy wrote:This link explains all of the symbols next to riders names for those who are curious.
Which link? :)

I might be around tonight for a ride.
Fuck this one.....http://kb.zwiftriders.com/riders-letters-and-symbols

I'll keep an eye for you then Norbs
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This sounds like what I need at the moment (and future winters). I've been using an el cheapo aldi trainer a bit to try and get fit again but it's pretty boring and I can't change the resistance very well.

I assume something like the tacx vortex smart trainer and an ant+ usb thing is all I need?

http://www.cellbikes.com.au/Tacx-Vortex-Smart-Trainer

Any other recommendations for around that price ($650) or less?
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

If you can stretch the budget a little you would be much better of with one of these http://au.wahoofitness.com/kickr-snap-bike-trainer.html $949.00

Norbs myself and another mate of mine all have one very happy with so far........TacX doesn't seem to have a fantastic reputation for after sales customer support.

Good cost effective place to get the Ant+ dongles from https://lamaoz.myshopify.com/

And the Zwift Oz crew are here on Facebook heaps of info and helpful group...https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZwiftOz/
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

hutchy wrote:If you can stretch the budget a little you would be much better of with one of these http://au.wahoofitness.com/kickr-snap-bike-trainer.html $949.00

Norbs myself and another mate of mine all have one very happy with so far........TacX doesn't seem to have a fantastic reputation for after sales customer support.
:nod:

That said, their hardware is generally pretty reasonable and good value. It's generally the software side of things that is the massive disappointment that leads to TacxRage. So with the addition of ANT+ FE-C to their trainers, a whole bunch of that is taken away.

Another one to consider is the BKool trainer which I understand has recently had a firmware update to allow for use with Zwift.