Brexit

all the ARSE dribble
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Brexit

Post by norbs »

Be very interested to hear from our pasty skinned friends over there. What a rollercoaster ride today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Re: Brexit

Post by Coopz »

Currently the vote is 500k in favour of leaving the Euro. Not a good sign.
The Aussie dollar has crashed back to 74.0 US after been at 76.5 a few hours ago. Think we will be cancelling our US holiday if it keeps going south:(
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Montey

Post by Montey »

Yeah.

ITV is currently predicting an 80% likelihood of the Leave campaign winning.

Stock & financial markets are all over the shop as they had convinced themselves the Remain campaign was going to win, the Pound has fallen significantly against global currencies (good time to organise a UK holiday???).

I must say that I am not surprised by this. Decoupling legislative tools from issues that impact local regions differently was always going to doom the EU to failure. PIGS showed that decoupling monetary, fiscal, & economic policy could cause huge damage. Germany's actions in the face of ISIS refugees, and France's actions in relation to refugees attempting to get to Britain showed that decoupling immigration policies from regional control was doomed to failure.

I think if the U.K. leaves the EU we will quickly see other countries follow and/or we will see a very quick reconstruction of the EU in to an EU2.0 that gives more control back to the member countries and makes the EU more like a free-trade zone.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

This is one of those rare moments when I'm completely agreeing with you, Montey. :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

700k more votes to leave.. Pretty sure they will be kissing the EU bye bye after tomorrow, not sure how long it will take them to actually leave the group though, maybe years?
norbs wrote:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Well getting that Italian passport was a waste haha
norbs

Post by norbs »

Coopz wrote:700k more votes to leave.. Pretty sure they will be kissing the EU bye bye after tomorrow, not sure how long it will take them to actually leave the group though, maybe years?
1,000,000 now. It is done I reckon. Wow.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well, just like the Scottish vote for independence...

Fucking old people :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

ASX getting crushed. Fuck, my super!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Oh sport reporters, you idiots...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Montey

Post by Montey »

smithcorp wrote:Oh sport reporters, you idiots...
I give this the same response I tweeted at Optus....

Not my problem.... my team got relegated! :D
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

This is why Politicians farken hate, hate, hate referenda. They almost never get the result they want. It's called the silent majority for a reason.

Same reason the Hippies and SJW's are pissed off about this plebiscite, they're scared of the result. Despite everyone mouthing off that it'll cruise in. I dunno, somehow I doubt it.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Going to the uk in feb. Hopefully works in my favour

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

What a total disaster of a vote. I voted to stay in. better the devil you know. But unfortunately people on the exit side voted almost wholly on the issue of immigration and ignored the much much wider issue of the economics of the whole country. They've literally signed their own jobs away.

We'll now have 20 years of economic turmoil. If they thought austerity was bad before, they ain't seen nuthin yet. I'd love to be proved wrong but I think it's a very bad decision.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Come over, Kev, we've a lot of space here ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Wow shocked about the PM. For our British friends. What is Cameron's legacy, how will be remembered?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

This was a shock to me. I was convinced they wouldn't leave. Kinda scary times for the Brits.

What YSU said... Come hang out here if it all goes tits up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It will be Great Britain no more. Ireland will take back Northern Ireland and the Scots will get their FREEEEEEEDDDDOOOOMMMMMMMMM!

Minister for Religious Genocide.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah now the Scots want to have another referendum on their independence. Scotland voted completely to stay in. The rest of the UK has pulled them out. So now if they get another vote they'll win it this time and we'll have all the turmoil with that as well. What a mess this is going to be. This is why I think these things should only be passed if a good majority agree that it's the right thing. If you had a limit of 70% then it would require most people to agree that it's a good thing to do. Instead we have 48% of the population who thought it was bad having to live with the decision of the other 52%.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The bastards didn't think of the queen did they? Where will Liz take her holidays now if she can't get to Balmoral?!
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I'm sure Boris will be grabbing the reigns off Cameron on the near future. Similar to getting promoted to captain of the Titanic.
norbs wrote:
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I bounced around a bit but ultimately voted to remain. The arguments to leave were a bit too Donald Trump for me, based on jingoism and bombast rather than sense, fact and strategy.

One of my main concerns is how weak the EU could be without us. This clearly devalues and weakens the whole project and maybe it will collapse entirely as other nations follow our lead. That's worrying, not just for economics but security too. I imagine Mr Putin is happy with the decision.

Cameron only agreed to a referendum to appease the Euro-sceptics in his party and undermine the more right-wing UKIP, and I'm absolutely convinced he only did so on the assumption it'd be quite an easy fight to win.

The thing I'm most annoyed by is that it happened at all. The illusion of the great Brussels bogeyman running and interfering with our lives has been seeded by the media for decades but I don't think the political class realised just how effective that had been. It was an image presented so often that we all knew the character of the EU, if not the reality. It was a handy scapegoat but ultimately not credible with investigation. We've run away from a demon that only really existed in the newspapers. I wonder who they'll blame next.

There are a few things I've taken from it.

First, is there is a massive - an absolutely huge - swathe of the country that does not feel represented politically (or even by the media), and I think this was their protest. It may not have been the wisest place to voice that but it's the only opportunity they had, given the political parties represent such a narrow view. For a democracy, that's not healthy and this is the consequence.

Personally I'm all for softening borders and division so if the ultimate EU aim really was/is to create a federal Europe, then I'm OK with that. Perhaps problem was it reached too far too quickly. Bringing in economic duds like Greece, provoking Russia, inviting Australia to the Eurovision song contest, all too bold and ill-considered. And it was all too threatening to the parents of my generation, who haven't had time to adjust to the multi-cultural, transgender, health and safety, liberal society they've found themselves living in, with no outlet for their voices.

With this and the horror show that is the US Presidential race, maybe the era of the world being ruled by English-speaking rich white guys is approaching its end. We're becoming outnumbered and increasingly divided, which is not a strong foundation on which to protect ourselves.

No idea what'll happen now. I imagine the reality will hit pretty soon as odd things suddenly becoming more expensive, but I'm not expecting total armageddon or for us to be invaded by dinosaurs.

That said, I'm not as worried as I was when I woke up and saw the news. I do think we're smart, inventive and creative enough to figure it out and find our new place. I'm pretty sure we've been through worse.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Jeez, sorry. That went on a bit longer than I realised :D
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Swedone, Finish, Nethermind, Remainia

Yep, sad day indeed.

Then you have stupid stuff like this.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.