Cricket, cricket, cricket.....

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
pixelboy

Re: Cricket, cricket, cricket.....

Post by pixelboy »

I feel for Smith, I think he's genuine but didn't step in where he should have.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-29/s ... al/9603670
eek
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Bancroft is no real loss but Smith really is. I think he is a weak, indecisive and frankly rubbish Captain, just like his recent predecessors. But damn the man can bat... Big, big loss..

Fuck Warner.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

He's taken a bullet. I think if it was his own plan he would have owned it after seeing him speak tonight. I feel sorry for the guy and I hope he can come back.

Warner hasn't spoken yet other than social media which is typical. Fuck him, hope he never plays again. He had a chance to speak but it's a bit late now. At least Bancroft and Smith had the balls to do so.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I haven't followed cricket for probably 30 years now, I have nothing invested in this saga. Is there a legitimate reason why a player would have sandpaper in their kit let alone on the field?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They have sand paper for their cricket bats. They sand off the cherries left from hitting the ball. But there's no reason to have it on field.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Yes, to maintain their bat's. It should never go onto the field though.

Lehmann gone now also.
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Foxtel and Channel 7 have got the rights to show cricket as of this upcoming season. It ends 40 years of cricket on Channel 9. In the deal test cricket will say free to air on Channel 7, they may also show the odd Big Bash game. One day and T-20 internationals as well as the Big Bash will be on Foxtel.

As a cricket fan, Foxtel have got to now work hard to get my money. If they don't change the current state of subscriptions and streaming, I wont bother. I don't want some base package bullshit that I'm forced to buy just to be eligible for a sports package. If they say it's $30 per month for a sports package alone for both TV and online then I will be interested. But from what I've heard they have a lot of work to do with their streaming. When you pay for a stream only to get the same quality as a pirate stream, who is going to bother? I won't pay for that, I'd want HD just like I get with my sub at motogp.com
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Finally might be able to watch Australian Test cricket in HD!
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's been HD on 9 for a few seasons. 7 show nothing in HD
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Fuck you FOXTEL and Cricket Australia, this will just fuck us all over, more sport on subscription TV, so much for anti-syphon laws.

As I heard on the radio, big bash was shit until it went fully free to air, now it will be a mix at best.

I'm not paying foxtel shit for a subpar overpriced fucked up insurance commercials service either. My brother has Foxtel sports package online and it's shitful at best, not worth the money he's paying for it.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Hopefully the Warne circle jerk are out of a job. If so, good!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Channel 7 will hire them won't they?

Foxtel streaming is better than illegal streams.. it's not 1080p but it's Ok.. 720p im guessing
eek
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Dr. Pain wrote:It's been HD on 9 for a few seasons. 7 show nothing in HD
Which is only helpful if you are in a region that gets 9HD - we dont.
Southern Cross refuse to spend the money on the necessary transmitter upgrade - hopefully with this it will be simulcast on Fox in HD. But wait and see.
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It should be in HD on Fox. We were lucky and got HD here with Southern Cross about a month after they affiliated with 9.

This deal is in breach of the government anti siphoning laws and Cricket Australia knew that when they signed the deal. Any one day or T-20 international played in Australia is to be broadcast on free to air. When approached the minister said "think of it as more as a guide" regarding the anti siphoning laws. CA approached the minister after the deal was done. CA needs a clean out as it's clear these past few years that they are the cause for many issues i.e. the pay dispute and they way they handled the ball tampering.

In the UK over 7 million people tuned in to watch the 2005 Ashes on the BBC, that was the last free to air series in the UK. 2 Million tuned in in 2009 when the series was on Sky.

Channel 9 will still show the UK Ashes tour in 2019 and the world cup.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

It's not going to be in HD on Fox if the broadcaster is channel 7.

This is what happens with the footy. For the games that are on FTA, channel 7 are the lead broadcaster and they only have SD. The stream you get on Foxtel is then only what channel 7 are showing, hence it's shit.

Yes the games broadcast specifically by Foxtel are HD.

It's still shit for cricket fans and I'm not surprised the minister couldn't give a shit at all, they'd only care if the ABC had anything to do with it.
norbs

Post by norbs »

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Yeah 5 out of 5.. would like to do the others but not if I have to subscribe :(
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

5 out of 5 here too.
norbs

Post by norbs »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-14/m ... a/10246166
Regarded as one of the more reserved and polite players in the England side, Ali admits the pressure of a first overseas Ashes series got to him, but said the abuse meted out to him on the field took him aback.

"Everyone you speak to … they are the only team I've played against my whole life that I've actually disliked," Ali told the UK's Times newspaper.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Stuart Broad was sent out here to play club cricket around Geelong when he was young. It was to toughen him up especially for when they play Australia. So I am not surprised to read articles like this. It's been there since the late 60's, that mongol. But now days, like anything, the younger ones don't know how to use it and just go full retard with this stuff.

Anyway but back to the cricket, this is a pearler!

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Smith and Warner returned to their club sides and look in good form with the bat. Smith looked like he hasn't lost anything, other than the top job.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I've quickly lost all interest in cricket, the way the ICC/BCCI/CA manage the international game, the ball tampering, the tv rights. I'll be in Melb for Chrissy this year and it's been a bit of a family thing for all the guys to go for Boxing Day but I'm not really fussed at all this year. We'll probably still go but for various reasons it looks like we'll go for Day 2 this time.

I was watching one of the tests last year but was working on a project outside, no worries I thought I'll listen to abc radio through the phone and bluetooth speaker and duck in to watch the replays of wickets etc. Nope can't do that, doesn't matter that it's being broadcast live on the actual radio on abc and live on tv, we can't have people listening on digital radio, fuck that shit!
norbs

Post by norbs »

If you really want to feel down about cricket, watch Death of a Gentleman. Is on Netflix or at torrent sites...

https://www.netflix.com/title/80114500
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah I’ve completely lost interest. I used to really look forward to the AFL finishing so the cricket could start. The cheating Aussies were the last straw for me really. I already didn’t like them very much. Way too much ego and boys club feel about it all. It’s the same reason I don’t really enjoy the footy. It’s actually a good game to watch, but the culture ruins it for me. I saw a lot of it around pubs here in Melb... St Kilda players were a bunch of arseholes.

Perhaps cricket players have always been that way, and it’s just more noticeable now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

norbs wrote:If you really want to feel down about cricket, watch Death of a Gentleman. Is on Netflix or at torrent sites...

https://www.netflix.com/title/80114500
Thanks, I might have seen this already or I have a feeling it might have been a 4 Corners report on the same thing. I remember how great it was seeing teams like Afghanistan playing in the World Cup and then was disgusted to find out they cut the number of teams for future WCs so the Au, Eng and Ind boards could make more money. Those teams are the future, all this money being made should be pumped into these developing nations to ensure the future of the game.