WRC news - Citroen drops Meeke for "excessively high number of crashes"

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

WRC news - Citroen drops Meeke for "excessively high number of crashes"

Post by VTRacing »

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1362 ... of-crashes

I don't really know what's going on at Citroen. Meeke has crashed quite a bit, but usually in positions where he is fighting amongst the top times. No-one else has been able to drag the Citroen to the top of the timesheets consistently. Breen, Lefebvre, Ostberg and even Loeb have all struggled with it.

I just feel really bad for Meeke, he's gone absolutely all-in for Citroen and won rallies for them, and they're booting him because they're afraid he's going to kill himself in their car. That is literally the justification given by the (new) team principal for dropping him.

The car is reported to be a bit of a diva, on a knife-edge all the time. And this generation of cars in general seem to require huge commitment which means a small mistake usually has big consequences.

I can't see Citroen lasting beyond the year. It's as if they want to save money by not having to build more cars.

This is what Meeke did to his Portugal car, so they'll need at least one more new one:

:teach:
Santaria

Re: WRC news - Citroen drops Meeke for "excessively high number of crashes"

Post by Santaria »

Fucking hell! How did he not die?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]