What's your true opinion of Muppet?

Racing league forum for all different games.

He is a miserable fucking c**t and I'm sick of the sound of him
9%
He can be an annoying fucking twat on occasions, but the love is there
No votes
I can tolerate him, but wish he'd dial down the sooky sooky la la
18%
He's just misunderstood
9%
He contributes, has a laugh and really isn't saying much more or less than everyone else
9%
He can't race for shit, and all his accidents are caused by him not knowing where he is on the track
45%
He sometimes causes his own accidents, and sometimes is just in the wrong place at the wrong time
9%
He's a complete c**t and I've been deliberately running him off the road to try and get him to leave
No votes
Ban him now, remove him from discord and kick him every time he joins a race
No votes

Total votes: 11

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Ok, I'm a big boy, I can handle the truth, so I'm going to leave it up to you.

Be honest and I will will step away if that is what is really wanted.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: What's your true opinion of Muppet?

Post by durbster »

Where's Pedro Lamy?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

What's the problem, Muppet? Is this because someone called you a tight-arse? :)
Or (more seriously) having a rough period?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Muppet is the Roman Grosjean of Friday night fun. Bitching about the under steer of a car or how the clouds are too fluffy, the track is the wrong colour and then.... Ericsson hit me!

Also he likes to poke a bee hive with a stick cause he can't help himself! :lol:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

I would've liked a category that asked:
Does Muppet's eternally rubbery connection (pretty sure he tethers to an old Nokia he found down the back of his bed... and don't start banging on about that QoS malarkey!!) exacerbate Muppet's poor other car awareness or is it the 'root of the evil?' (Series 7, Ep 8 )
:drown:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Norbs made it clear that the whinging and negativity, which we were all doing to some extent as a joke, was getting to him and almost all of us stopped doing it. I've felt the same way sometimes as well lately. When I jump in on Friday night it's about unwinding and having fun. The last thing I want to hear is constant negativity and someone being a Debbie Downer.

If you want to persist with the negativity after someone has got to the point of wanting to quit over it I have to wonder if you're oblivious or just being a dick. If it's making someone want to quit it's not funny any more.

He can't race for shit, and all his accidents are caused by him not knowing where he is on the track
He sometimes causes his own accidents, and sometimes is just in the wrong place at the wrong time

I voted for both of these because the truth lies somewhere in the middle. When we race with no practice, particularly in the fast cars, crashes are inevitable. You seem to think that you're alone it getting in lots of accidents but you're not. You cause accidents like the rest of us, but I don't hear anyone else crying victim. When you do that it makes me think you're trolling because that was the standard MO for trolls in rfactor public servers. Ram someone or cause an accident then act the innocent victim.

Often it's because you have a bad connection and warp around, sometimes possibly from lack of awareness. For instance, at Le Mans going into Mulsanne the other night. You were in the right lane, I was overtaking in the left lane with a slight overlap going towards the braking zone. You swerved across the track into me then asked if I could see you. I just assumed you were trolling at that point.

You don't need to step away. Just stop thinking you're uniquely hard done by, lose the "woe is me" crap and cut back the negative "humour". If you don't like a combo or get bored just call it a night instead of bringing it down for others.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I very rarely race on a Friday night anymore but it's always been called Friday Night Fun for a reason. If its not fun dont race, or don't bring others down that are there for fun. But it's seeping over into the forums now and is starting to remind me of when Schuey97 and TassieDevil were here, who both ended up getting banned because they were dicks that weren't enjoyable to have in the community.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Putting my 2 cents in, coz I can. Maybe a step away from the PC and forum is in order for a time Muppet? A user who isn't on here much if at all anymore did that and says he found some peace as it was getting to him. For you to start a thread for it makes me think you kind of already know the answer but are looking for a reason, or something, to lay blame?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I don't have much to offer on this. There's a lot of banter going on during FNF, and I just choose to bodysurf the waves of bullshit. As long as there's no nastiness going on, the more the merrier.

I hadn't actually noticed an escalation of anything. Perhaps I'm just oblivious (what my wife calls, "stripper smart")
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
slow069

Re: RE: Re: What's your true opinion of Muppet?

Post by slow069 »

w00dsy wrote:I very rarely race on a Friday night anymore but it's always been called Friday Night Fun for a reason. If its not fun dont race, or don't bring others down that are there for fun. But it's seeping over into the forums now and is starting to remind me of when Schuey97 and TassieDevil were here, who both ended up getting banned because they were dicks that weren't enjoyable to have in the community.
Muppet
I know a few months ago this all came up and I am sure my statement about FNF at the time was the same as w00dsy's

FNF is short for Friday Night Fun

I'm happy for you to race but the negative nansy all the time and the fact that most nights you think your being victimised when there is an accident that includes you
Is the biggest thing that annoys me

If you pay attention you would have noticed that I don't turn up much anymore
Due to work commitments and the travel I have to and from work 2 1/2 hours a day 220klms

But before that and also still
I will join and when I have had enough I will leave
If it's not a car I enjoy I will leave
Friday is about fun and banter

Don't think anyone here would like to see a person leave the FNF

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Santaria wrote:Putting my 2 cents in, coz I can. Maybe a step away from the PC and forum is in order for a time Muppet? A user who isn't on here much if at all anymore did that and says he found some peace as it was getting to him. For you to start a thread for it makes me think you kind of already know the answer but are looking for a reason, or something, to lay blame?

Santa, thanks for that input, I already did step away, for a good month or so and very slowly came back. And honestly I have been enjoying it lately, Dr's been running the show a fair bit of late and we've had some good fun. Honestly, everything seemed to be okay a few others who were also taking a break for whatever reason came back and it flared up again. So I made the thread to not start any bullshit but to particular see what the issue people have with me is. I said if there was clear feedback on things that I'd do something about it, I'd own it and move on.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Darren, thanks for your honest feedback and everyone else as well.

There could be some truth to what Stan raises, I do use (not a nokia, and you don't want to know whats down behind my bed Stan!) a mobile phone hotspot to play. Mostly it runs around 60-80 ping, but it does spike, the joys of living out of town.

This image may assist you all to understand that I'm not on an vr headset, a tri monitor setup or even anything fancy at all, just an old 19 inch screen, and this is all I see on screen. So sometimes if you're running up the sides of me, I can't see you, or at least I think this may be a contributing factor. Years ago, good old bluesman in GPL followed me around for a few laps and pointed out to me, where I was on track, I had no clue I was driving down the centre of the road. Thought I'd changed that, but meh, who knows, maybe I didn't.

I fully understand that everyone gets hit, it's going to happen. For a good period there though, it felt like every race I was in I got tagged, and as much as others might think it, not all of them are my fault, and Darren you're exactly right, some of them bloody are :nod: One of the issues I was having though, and I acknowledge this is completely my perception, there was not really any acknowledgement when I got squarely smacked from behind, it felt like, you're just shit Muppet and you deserve to not be in our way. I took the break, came back and well, was having fun again, as I said, even had great fun Friday night.

Anyway, this is what I see, I'm interested if my view is any better/worse or just the same as what you guys see.

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I think Darren and slow have summed it up nicely, we all get punted sometimes and we just make a smartarse comment and get on with it. I come last almost every race.. But for me it's all about the smart arse comments and banter and not about the winning.

And being positive about it. Even on nights that your arch enemy hasn't raced you have, on occasion (old Silverstone), chosen to go on a vicious attack at him anyway. It's just not nessecary...

I don't want you to leave, but from where I'm sitting, all the agro is coming from you and the rest of us are tolerating to varying degrees.

In short, just chill out and let's try to hit 400kmh again.
eek
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

for what it's worth, I'm on a single monitor with similar view to you...

But just ask Duke.. That FOV is crazy :yikes:
eek
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Want more FOV? Get some VR :D
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Seeing as Muppet was the only person in the entire forums to compete in the recent DiRT rally leagues, the rest of you guys (myself included) are arseholes.

On another note, nobody in life has to get along, but if you can, then it's good and we've got a great little community of racing fans who all tolerate each-other to a degree to produce some racing of varying qualities.
It's good fun, we just need more safety cars.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Grab Afterburner Doc. That GPU fan should be moving at 55C :) If only a little.

Muppet, map the look left and right buttons. I use them all the time.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

"But enough about me, let's talk about you. What do you think of me?"

Seriously, its pretend racing, if this is the worse we have to worry about, life is pretty good.
Last edited by Cutter on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I got afterburner Norbs. My fans kick in at 60C and during the tail end of summer where we had some stinking hot days here, the card only ran at 66C.

Another thread being high jacked. Allahu Akbar!
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Thread terrorist detected!

norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:I got afterburner Norbs. My fans kick in at 60C and during the tail end of summer where we had some stinking hot days here, the card only ran at 66C.

Another thread being high jacked. Allahu Akbar!

1060??

*cough* Mining *cough*
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

1060 gaming X 6 GB used for GAMING! I've never been and never will be a mining scumbag, unlike some :rolleyes:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:1060 gaming X 6 GB used for GAMING! I've never been and never will be a mining scumbag, unlike some :rolleyes:

Scumbag? Interesting.

Well with the 1060, you wouldnt make a huge amount, but a few bucks. But each to their own. I know easy money isnt for everyone :D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's not easy money for me though. I'd end up spending more on the power bill. Besides my conscience is clean as I never chase trends but I will buy a loot box or two. I shall use my card for drawing pixels. Your easy money is helping the criminal underworld you know? :lol: