Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Amazing thread about our eyes, vision and our brain

Post by smithcorp »

This blew my mind:

Sarsippius

Re: Amazing thread about our eyes, vision and our brain

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah I think I have noticed that effect with the second hand before, sometimes you look at the clock and that first tick of the second hand seems to take longer and then it continues on like normal.

I have recently been listening to an audio book, The Great Courses - Critical Thinking, which is like a lecture series. The guys spends two or three 30m lectures right at the start talking about how our brain works and how it constructs our reality. All of our senses have similar things going on where our brains reconstruct the information that our senses feed to it.

There is a part of our brain which is responsible for that sense of our 'self' being centered inside our head, if this is damaged or inhibited in some way by drugs or something like that we actually feel like we inhabit a space somewhere outside and behind our body.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Sense dangers, then process.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Brain Games is an awesome show about that shit.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.